PDA

View Full Version : talk to a man

Marine1955
12-26-08, 11:50 PM
I don't know how to tell you this . i just talk to a man from the army what's wants to be a marine!! he brought me to tears almost and you know what he called me sir and i had to tell him, please don't call me," sir " i work for a living just like you , but one thing different he was in Irack on duty and standing guard in the Army. this is a man who wants to be marine and while in the Army he wants to be a Marine, how do you anwser that? he has gone through hell and wants to go through more to be a Marine. help me to anwser him> yours truly sgt. pilgrim USMC
all on line !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shirty1
12-27-08, 12:21 AM
I know this is a Marines only forum, but I just want to say one thing. Regardless of what service you serve in you should never put yourself or look down on anyone. I respect each and every Marine who has served and currently serves our great nation. And again Thank you Sgt. I enjoyed talking to you and regardless of what I've done, that does not mean I'm better then any other human being..I'm just doing the job I signed up for. Hooah? Yours truly Shirty.

CH53MetalMan
12-27-08, 12:28 AM
I've met active duty Navy that wished they had joined the Corps, and I didn't have a clue what to say. And this was during peace time, so I can understand you being overwhelmed by this! If there is a good answer, I'd like to hear it. All I can say is don't put them down by belittling their branch of the service. We all swore the same oath when we enlisted. All branches serve a function. I guess you could thank him for such a good complement.

oifvet23
12-28-08, 11:14 PM
I tell them "keep dreaming ****bird"

Sgt Leprechaun
12-30-08, 06:35 AM
Real simple, he has to wait until his discharge, then go through the normal process. There is no other way.