PDA

View Full Version : For Sale/Trade

richerich
12-26-08, 05:50 PM
I have a full dress blues set, and dress alphas, that I no longer need. They are tailored to about a 41R.

Email me at trombapiccola@yahoo.com if interested.

I wanted to post to classifieds, but it seemed empty.

Hoorah Marines!

Sgt Leprechaun
12-27-08, 01:00 PM
This is as good a place as any, and as a matter of fact, I will make "For Sale/Trade" a stickie in this section....

Sgt Leprechaun
12-27-08, 01:09 PM
Welcome to the thread "For Sale/Trade".

Here are the ground rules...they are NOT for debate.

1: Only MARINES are allowed to sell/buy/trade. Sorry, but that's not negotiable. Those posting items MUST be Marines. You will be deleted otherwise.

2: This is NOT 'ebay'. Meaning, if you promise to pay, and don't, I will summarily BAN you from this site, and you'll get banned from Leatherneck. There will be NO warnings, nothing. Just gone. I will also advise the Marine that you stiffed to prosecute you if that is an option.

3: Pictures are a good thing.

4: No selling of 'crap'. Meaning, this should be Marine Corps items ONLY....not shotglasses, t-shirts, tennis shoes, or other things. Field gear, uniforms, medals, ribbons, etc are what I'm thinking here. Posts that don't meet that criteria will be deleted.

5: Trading is fine.

6: Books, magazines, etc are ok as long as they are Marine related.

7: Giving items away is fine as well. So is posting 'wants'. Be realistic. Also, if someone is giving you a set of, say, dress blues, then at least pay the postage.

8: Play nice. :marine:

9: Items posted 'For Sale' should have a clear price indicated. 'For trade', tell us what you are trading for or want.

10: Once an item is spoken for, please indicate that it has been sold/traded/given away, and I will delete the post so as not to clutter up the board with excess 'sold' stuff.

slider1578
12-28-08, 01:06 AM
Need:
Service Trousers about 33L
Blue Trousers with Blood Stripe 33L
Belt for the Alpha blouse
LS Khaki shirts, 15 1/2 x 34-36, or possibly a 16 neck size will work.
SS Khaki shirts, 15 1/2

Let me know, if you have any of these available. Going to a school and all my current stuff doesn't fit and is to tiny to adjust, haven't worn them since boot. Will post them for sale soon.

slider1578
12-28-08, 01:17 AM
Also Need:
Boots with EGA stamp, Size 10R
Coraframs, Size 10R
Barracks cover, Size 7 1/8

coffeejoejava
01-06-09, 10:01 AM
Damn Slider....didn't you keep up your uniforms at all since leaving boot camp? What unit are you with? I am shocked that the SNCO's aren't pulling inspections on you folks at least quarterly. My last shop, the Gunnery Sergeants pulled inspections of uniforms at least that often.

mgkusmc
01-06-09, 06:54 PM
Nick I might have some for ya, trouser wise and maybe some other odds and ends lemme look and if I do you can have them.

Also anyone looking for anything really specific lemme know I might be able to find it for you if I dont already have it.

mgkusmc
01-06-09, 06:59 PM
I'm looking for any and all of Marine stuff from the following eras.

Any Marine stuff from Vietnam (even little bits of paper items)

Any and all Marine Stuff from Grenada and Beirut especially 22nd MEU

slider1578
01-06-09, 10:55 PM
Damn Slider....didn't you keep up your uniforms at all since leaving boot camp? What unit are you with? I am shocked that the SNCO's aren't pulling inspections on you folks at least quarterly. My last shop, the Gunnery Sergeants pulled inspections of uniforms at least that often.

Yea, I've got one of everything, we get inspected every great once in a while, between training, work, and travel we don't have much time for that though. I haven't worn a service uniform since I checked in and that was years ago, and I only wear blue to the Ball or at the White House. I have plenty of cami's though, its all I wear except when traveling and doing security for POTUS.

slider1578
01-06-09, 10:56 PM
Nick I might have some for ya, trouser wise and maybe some other odds and ends lemme look and if I do you can have them.

Also anyone looking for anything really specific lemme know I might be able to find it for you if I dont already have it.

Awesome, Just let me know whenever you get the chance. It's greatly appreciated.

richerich
03-14-09, 09:12 AM
I have a relatively new pair of Marine Corps Combat boots-cold weather, size 10.5.

Make an offer, I need to get rid of them

Petz
06-23-09, 12:39 PM
I have a 7-1/8 Kingform cap frame with vinyl cover

$40 plus shipping

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp160/irkillroy/Photo2.jpg
I don't have the strap (it was damaged by my loving daughter when she was one)

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp160/irkillroy/Photo3.jpg
the top is clean of marks

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp160/irkillroy/Photo5.jpg

Petz
06-23-09, 12:40 PM
http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp160/irkillroy/Photo4.jpg

here is the current cost of an assembled cover
http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp160/irkillroy/Picture2-1.png

exnitro
06-24-09, 11:38 AM
I'm looking for a long sleeve tropical shirt for another MCM member. He needs a 18-18 1/2, sleeve length 33. Big beer gut, short arms. He needs it for his colorguard uniform. Or, if someone has the number for the Marine store in Florida, that would be great!
Thanks

EDLEWIS
02-01-10, 10:02 AM
looking for a set of herringbone utilities from the 60's size XL (48)

Wheels123
02-01-10, 04:46 PM
Also Need:
Boots with EGA stamp, Size 10R
Coraframs, Size 10R
Barracks cover, Size 7 1/8

I must say, those 7 1/8 covers are hard to come by these days. Seems like everyone wears that size. Our uniform shop is constantly sold out of them and they are always on back order due to come in next Thursday as they always tell me. Lol.

kfisbusy
02-01-10, 07:04 PM
:evilgrin:Wanted Iam looking for a baisc traning manual from 1972. if any one knows of any let me know at kfisbusy@centurytel.net . Thanks I lost mine in a house fire. Also if any other stuff from that time let me know. SSGT. Francisco. :flag::iwo:.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-02-10, 01:20 AM
looking for a set of herringbone utilities from the 60's size XL (48)

Just to clarify, are you looking for HBT's, or the OD green 'tuck in' style uniform?

Here is what the Herringbone Twill looks like:

http://oldguns.net/pix/1474.jpg

And here is the 1960's style uniform, OD green and similiar in some ways to what the Army was wearing at the time. Called several different names, including "Sateens":

https://www.militaryitems.com/files/images/thumb/t_22953.jpg

Marine1955
02-11-10, 12:20 PM
What The Frack is this Marine Corps Ebay?? LMOL

Sgt Leprechaun
02-15-10, 08:03 PM
Actually, 'yeah'. LOL

fmoyer
02-24-10, 02:51 PM
I am looking for a guide book for Marines it had a red cover and was issued in the early 60's. It had a section on the 3.5 rocket a picture at the start of the section showed 2 Marines in the snow with the rocket. The A-Gunner was myself and the Gunner was a Marine by the name of Hammon. After 3 wivies and several moves I have lost by book, would like to get one to pass on to my son and grandson. Thanks for any help. Semper Fi Fmoyer

Sgt Leprechaun
02-25-10, 11:06 PM
Moyer, I'll keep my eyes open for one for you. My first suggestion would be to try ebay and see what comes up. I've found Guidebooks on there for reasonable prices. Patience is the key.

FistFu68
02-26-10, 06:05 AM
:evilgrin: Got a Brand new pair of Danner Acadia Desert Boots BROWN 9/1/2 D,wore once for about 10 minswalking too Mail Box.No USMC EMBLEM just says Danner Portland Oregon.They were pricey 249.00 make an offer I'm flexible You throw in the Shipping.S/F Jack :beer: :iwo:

Quinbo
02-26-10, 06:14 AM
I am looking for a guide book for Marines it had a red cover and was issued in the early 60's. It had a section on the 3.5 rocket a picture at the start of the section showed 2 Marines in the snow with the rocket. The A-Gunner was myself and the Gunner was a Marine by the name of Hammon. After 3 wivies and several moves I have lost by book, would like to get one to pass on to my son and grandson. Thanks for any help. Semper Fi Fmoyer

The MCA might have an old copy. I just ordered the latest iteration and it only took 5 days to be shipped to Germany.

http://www.usmcpress.com/guidebook.htm

FistFu68
02-26-10, 06:34 AM
:evilgrin: Or will trade those Boots for a Gortex all Cold Weather Parka USMC either Digi or Woodland X-Tra Lg.Reg.used would be fine but in very good condition!!! S/F Jack :beer: :iwo:

silverdollar
02-26-10, 07:37 AM
Our utilities had just one shirt pocket on the left hand side with USMC on the top part and the bird,ball & hook below it,our name was stenciled above the pocket.

fmoyer
02-26-10, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the information will call Heritage Press when I get home from work and also check E-Bay or have my son do it for me. Computer skills I do not have. Thanks again for the information as it has become more important the older I get.

devildoc43
06-24-10, 11:24 PM
you say we can only post if marines however I was a marine and a corpsman so should be able to post but my posts are being deleted.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-25-10, 08:42 PM
How and where? Not by me. Also, if you were a Marine, you should know that it's a capital letter in front of it! LOL

Sgt Leprechaun
10-01-10, 06:21 PM
OUTstanding!!!!

pezzman
11-04-10, 07:15 PM
I'm looking for a blues jacket 44R with LCPL chevrons before this Sunday if anyone has one they would like to sell. Thanks.

silverdollar
11-05-10, 08:11 AM
I was in during the early50s, looking for a utility cover from that era.

Marine1955
11-05-10, 08:28 PM

Try this link see if they anything that might work for you..
http://usmcshop.grunt.com/Browse.aspx?Catalog=Marines&Category=Headgear

SlingerDun
11-05-10, 09:15 PM
I'd wear that, if it didn't have a skinny hanging down in the back and did have cozy ear flaps

wildwoman73
11-05-10, 09:19 PM
Welcome to the thread "For Sale/Trade".

Here are the ground rules...they are NOT for debate.

1: Only MARINES are allowed to sell/buy/trade. Sorry, but that's not negotiable. Those posting items MUST be Marines. You will be deleted otherwise.

2: This is NOT 'ebay'. Meaning, if you promise to pay, and don't, I will summarily BAN you from this site, and you'll get banned from Leatherneck. There will be NO warnings, nothing. Just gone. I will also advise the Marine that you stiffed to prosecute you if that is an option.

3: Pictures are a good thing.

4: No selling of 'crap'. Meaning, this should be Marine Corps items ONLY....not shotglasses, t-shirts, tennis shoes, or other things. Field gear, uniforms, medals, ribbons, etc are what I'm thinking here. Posts that don't meet that criteria will be deleted.

5: Trading is fine.

6: Books, magazines, etc are ok as long as they are Marine related.

7: Giving items away is fine as well. So is posting 'wants'. Be realistic. Also, if someone is giving you a set of, say, dress blues, then at least pay the postage.

8: Play nice. :marine:

9: Items posted 'For Sale' should have a clear price indicated. 'For trade', tell us what you are trading for or want.

10: Once an item is spoken for, please indicate that it has been sold/traded/given away, and I will delete the post so as not to clutter up the board with excess 'sold' stuff.

What about some kick hiney candles home made from yours truly?? OK OK OK!!! I'm joking!!! :)

silverdollar
11-06-10, 06:45 AM
Thank you marine55, just what I was looking for.

PS, I would try the fuzzy one, but I don`t see any leg holes, it is a pecker warmer isn`t it?:D

HM3doc
11-06-10, 02:57 PM
howdy y'all:cool:

I've been lookin' for a corpsman lapel pin the kind worn on the collar with the rank pin on the other collar.
Would Any BODY have anyany idea where I can get one?

sparkie
11-07-10, 07:22 AM

I found one!!!!!!!!

http://trade-walk.com/images/Roman%20helmet.jpg

Ed Palmer
11-07-10, 08:19 AM

Here is the one he is looking for, You youngsters wouldnt know what it is.
a herringbone
http://objectlesson.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/herring-skeleton.jpg?w=600&h=188

Marine1955
11-07-10, 08:32 AM
howdy y'all:cool:

I've been lookin' for a corpsman lapel pin the kind worn on the collar with the rank pin on the other collar.
Would Any BODY have anyany idea where I can get one?

http://www.google.com/products?rlz=1T4GZAZ_enUS399US399&q=corpsman+lapel+pin&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wf

try this link there cowboy it should work for you..

Marine1955
11-07-10, 08:37 AM
Thank you marine55, just what I was looking for.

PS, I would try the fuzzy one, but I don`t see any leg holes, it is a pecker warmer isn`t it?:D

Hey you young fart sniffer try this link it should bring you right to what you want.
http://www.american-armynavy.com/headwear.htm

Wrench3516
11-07-10, 09:57 AM
:beer: FYI
www.ka-bar.com (http://www.ka-bar.com)

Chief226
11-18-10, 01:06 PM
:flag:
I'm looking for any and all of Marine stuff from the following eras.

Any Marine stuff from Vietnam (even little bits of paper items)

Any and all Marine Stuff from Grenada and Beirut especially 22nd MEU
HEY JAR HEAD, YOU BE WANTING A " SKS " CHICOM RIFLE? ( WAR TROPHY ) I WILLING TO SELL FOR THE RIGHT PRICE..

itzs4m
11-22-10, 02:15 PM
I have two (2) dress blue jackets that i'm selling

First one is tailored to a 37S
Second one is tailored to a 42S

both in great condition and no chevrons

$100 each obo let me know if you're interested.

PM me here or email me at leumas.uw@gmail.com

I'm willing to send you pics if you want!

lonewolf121
02-03-11, 08:51 AM
At the uniform store yesterday I was looking at a really cool backpack that I thought my boy would like. It was made by Vanguard and was Navy Digital. I didn't get it because I figured he'd prefer the Marine Green Digital; I was right. However I did discover their website, it would be a very good thing for those of you who can't readily get to a PX, NEX, BX; i.e. recruiting duty etc. Just about everything Vanguard makes is on there.

http://www.vanguardmil.com/

mdmartinez05
02-04-11, 11:17 AM
I have a 7-1/8 Kingform cap frame with vinyl cover

$40 plus shipping

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp160/irkillroy/Photo2.jpg
I don't have the strap (it was damaged by my loving daughter when she was one)

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp160/irkillroy/Photo3.jpg
the top is clean of marks

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp160/irkillroy/Photo5.jpg

If this is still for sale. I am interested! I sent you an email. Thanks!

wassuup
02-20-11, 02:01 PM
Hi all I'm looking for a set of Dress Blues for this years Marine Corp Birthday. This will be my first Ball, thought it would be nice since it is also my wife's and I 10 year anniversary. Yea we got married on the Marine Corps birthday.

Anyway I'm looking for the following, I got out in 1969 from my tour in Vietnam was a Sgt (E-5). Served 1966-1969 3/3 Lima company as a Forward Aircontroller.

for the Jacket - 40-42R
Pants - 33 (med lentgh)
Cover - size 7

Been trying Ebay, lost a couple of bids already. Checked on a few websites but nothing so far. I did take down a phone number for Camp LeJeune that was listed on the forum. Going to call it next week.

Thanks for your help

Bob :usmc:

Sgt Leprechaun
02-20-11, 06:09 PM
Bob, keep us in the loop. Ebay really is your best overall bet. BUT I'll start looking as well.

wassuup
02-20-11, 06:23 PM
Yo Sarge!
Thanks for the quick response. Having never worn or owned a set of blues, I'm really looking foward to dressing out at this year's Ball at the Marine Memorial Club in San Francisco. (I live near Yosimite and S.F. is where the wife and I get our city fix every once & awhile.) It's a big deal for her too because November 10th is also our anniversary. Yea, that was on purpose.
Anyway, I am checking on E-bay(been outbid twice) and I plan on checking with my fellow Marines on the 3/3 Website mo ricky-tik. Thanks again.

rufus1
02-20-11, 07:21 PM
I would like to have one of the little red notebooks from boot camp during the year 1970. You all know them the ones that the D.I. had your nose in every moment you were not doing something else. I put mine up for save keeping and I guess my wife thought it was trash and threw it out. It had all the subject materials in it and paper in the back to take notes.

wassuup
02-20-11, 07:43 PM
I don't have one but as soon as I saw your note it released a ton of memories. I remember having that sucker stuck three inches from my nose every spare minute at P.I. during my boot camp in the summer of '66. I almost forgot about that little jewel. Now I want one too!

Sgt Leprechaun
02-20-11, 07:53 PM
I know what you are talking about, have one in the collection. Alas, it's the only one. Will keep an eye open for that as well.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-20-11, 07:56 PM
Hey, if you go several posts up there is someone selling 2 Blues jackets...Check with him and see if they are still available.

rufus1
02-20-11, 08:03 PM
Yes it is something that a little thing like the little red notebook that most people would not give a rats ass about is so dear in the hearts of so many and create such vivid memories.

tracs1833
02-25-11, 05:36 AM
I would like to have one of the little red notebooks from boot camp during the year 1970. You all know them the ones that the D.I. had your nose in every moment you were not doing something else. I put mine up for save keeping and I guess my wife thought it was trash and threw it out. It had all the subject materials in it and paper in the back to take notes.

I bought one on ebay about a year ago. I think it sold for about $10, including shipping.

tracs1833
02-25-11, 05:49 AM
[quote=Sgt Leprechaun;600524]Just to clarify, are you looking for HBT's, or the OD green 'tuck in' style uniform?

Just wanted to note that the 13 star buttons were army issue. The USMC issue used a "doughnut" shaped button with "U.S. Marine Corps" on it. The two WWII USMC sage green HBT's patterns and the two WWII USMC HBT Camo patterns are being reproduced by a company out in California called "World War II Impressions". They have a website, if interested. All of these utility uniforms were designed to be worn with the blouse not tucked in to the trousers.

And here is the 1960's style uniform, OD green and similiar in some ways to what the Army was wearing at the time. Called several different names, including "Sateens":
This is the OG-107 Cotton Sateens like I had when I went enlisted in 1969. I think the photo shows the third pattern. If the other Marine is looking for the earlier utes, often called "Gomer Pyles" they are hard to find and almost impossible to find in large or XL sizes, I have been looking for years. Try ebay.

rufus1
02-25-11, 02:37 PM
Thanks tracs1833 for the information and I will keep an eye on E-Bay. Wassuup you may want to watch also or I will let you know if any come around.

wassuup
02-25-11, 05:12 PM
Thanks. I'll add it my search while I'm looking for a set of dress blues.

Ray Merrell
02-26-11, 04:16 AM
Book for Sale: "My Three Years in the Marine Corps"

Describes my adventures as a Marine and a Marine Raider in the South Pacific during WW II.....through diary entries, letters home, and personal remembrances.

Invasions of Bougainville, Emirau, Guam, Okinawa, and Occupation of Japan.

Picture of Book on My Profile. Order autographed book from me...tell me how you want it autographed. $15.00 each or 2 for $25.oo (includes postage)

Ray Merrell
827 Dixie
Liberty, Mo. 64068

Ryan1956
03-30-11, 06:42 PM
Looking for dress blues uniform for an old marine buddy who isn't doing well and wants to be buried right, once a marine always a marine. Size 46R. graduated Parris Island 1955 He was one of the Marines in the same batallion as the marines who died in the swamp.
Newell2919@roadrunner.com

Cellinheim
06-14-11, 04:51 PM
Currently in need of a new Alpha Blouse, Male size 40L If anyone has one let me know and we may talk. I'd prefer someone be in the Jacksonville. NC area if possible.

nutpn
01-26-12, 01:19 AM

you wouldnt happen to be able to get a newer marine corps handbook,I save them and I need one from the 96 to 2003 yr area ,and I know they didnt update that much but somewheres in that time frame they was a update,thanks
I will pay you or may have something to trade ,thanks and Semper Fi.
Parris island summer of 85,
PLT.3049

rufus1
01-26-12, 12:53 PM
Still looking for the red notebook from July 1970 era that had all of our knowledge in it. We spent all of our idle time with our nose in these things.:flag:

tybrooks86
02-18-12, 03:40 PM
Im getting married in May and my family has never seen me in my dress uniform. I would like to surprise them by getting married in them. If anybody has or knows anyone looking to sell or get rid of a 48R blouse please let me know.

Thanks,
Tyler

Marine1955
02-19-12, 01:33 AM
Still looking for the red notebook from July 1970 era that had all of our knowledge in it. We spent all of our idle time with our nose in these things.:flag:

I'm still looking for mine!!!!
Would give my left testy for it..

Marine1955
02-19-12, 01:42 AM
Im getting married in May and my family has never seen me in my dress uniform. I would like to surprise them by getting married in them. If anybody has or knows anyone looking to sell or get rid of a 48R blouse please let me know.

Thanks,
Tyler

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USMC-Marines-Cpl-Dress-Blues-Coat-48-R-2008-Contract-Date-Large-Size-/330686804154?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cfe7830ba

m14ed
02-19-12, 12:57 PM
the "Little Red Monster" ?????
they still print them and sell them i think all you have to do is search for right item= .................................................. .........................."Individual Combat Notebook"

it was published by ( Acme Printing,819 state st. SanDiego, California)

do an online search for "Individual Combat Notebook"

Ray Merrell
02-29-12, 08:36 AM

Describes my adventures as a Marine and a Marine Raider in the South Pacific during WW II.....through diary entries, letters home, and personal remembrances.

Picture of Book on My Profile. Order autographed book from me...tell me how you want it autographed. $15.00 each or 2 for $25.oo (includes postage)

Ray Merrell
827 Dixie
Liberty, Mo. 64068

Book Review:

All I can say!

This is an outstanding book and belongs on every Marine bookshelf, Ray combines his letters back home with his narrative and photographs to paint a vivid picture of his service in World War II. Ray has amazing recall of events, and his descriptions of combat are honest and straightforward. Unlike many wartime memoirs, Ray also tells of the story of him and his buddies between operations giving us a window into their world in camp and aboard ship.

There are so many campaign studies, coffee table books, web sites, books designed to profit off TV programs, uniform guides and so on. But every once in a while, a book comes along that just tells a story that needs to be told, "My Three Years in the Marine Corps" is that kind of book.

S/F, MF

Ray Merrell
03-09-12, 03:00 PM
Book Review by K.K., LCpl.

All I Can Say About Ray's Book is:

Gets right to the matter of things, it gives a perspective on the war and love between two people as well as their families. My 18 year old daughter read it the day I got it from Ray. It made a heck of an impression on her and she found out there are people just like us behind the lines so to speak. it should be required reading for kids, it gives a great insight, and has for myself. It was very enlightening. Thank you Ray.

Ray Merrell
03-18-12, 09:46 AM
Personal Remembrances book "My Three Years in the Marine Corps" WWII.
Book is compiled from my diary entries, memories and letters written to my girlfriend from tents, mess halls, galleys, foxholes and behind trees, by candlelight, flashlight and lantern. Read about fellow Marin2168021681es, family and friends Order from me: Ray Merrell, 827 Dixie, Liberty, Mo. 64068. $15.00 each or 2 for $25.00 (includes postage) a personal check, money order or cashiers check is okay.

Ray Merrell
03-22-12, 09:18 AM
Autographed books make nice gifts, Easter, Mother's Day, Memorial Day, Father's day...or any day! Order from address above. See some of my WWII pictures in the Gallery.

Gung Ho,

Ray Merrell

jp2usmc
03-22-12, 01:37 PM
Anyone know where to purchase a "Pleats" shirt? When I was in, they made shirts for the A and B uniforms. The plus to the "Pleats" shirts was that they were tapered a little so that they always looked neat.

I never could afford them when I was in the Corps. They weren't that expensive, but buying one would seriously cut into my beer, cigarettes and Carne Asada burritos funds.

I've wanted to buy a few for work these days in the office, but I don't know where they sell them.

Try Googling "Pleats" and you come up with about a billion hits of crap.

Ray Merrell
03-29-12, 06:42 AM
Book Review from Cpl R.K:
"I just finished reading Ray Merrell's book: 'My Three Years in the Marine Corps'. This is a must have and must read book. Without revealing too much and giving away his story, it is a book that gives us younger Marines an insight of why Mr. Merrell's generation is known as "The Greatest Generation". While our Marines were battling the Japanese in the Pacific, their families were home backing the war effort. Still, there were problems with strained commitments and uncertainties. With the war dragging on as it did, many Marines found themselves growing restless and uncertain of their future after spending years away from their loved ones in a theater of war that was often violent and savage. In between the combat the Marines would train for the next beach invasion where a lot of anxiety would take place because of them not knowing what they would be up against and if this would be their final combat so that they could return home. While all this was on their minds, they worried also if their wives and girl friends would still be faithfull and waiting for their safe return after being away from them for years. This reminded me of my Vietnam tour of duty and helped me relate to Mr. Merrell's story. Oh, how those letters were so important from home when you're cut off from the homeland because of no telephones, internet, or even news from home via television. It's just you and your buddies and those all important letters from home. s/F

Ray Merrell
827 Dixie
Liberty, Mo. 64068

fl1946
03-31-12, 08:45 PM
If you can't find an original, PM me. A noted Marine Corps historian and t.v. producer may have an exact replica.

S/F

Marine1955
04-05-12, 08:37 PM
www.blacktopmotocafe.com (http://www.blacktopmotocafe.com)

If you ride a bike no mater what you ride ,you need to ride in safety just go to www.blacktopmotocafe.com (http://www.blacktopmotocafe.com) and get the best gear at the lowest price from a real Marine who wants to help keep Marines riding in safely.. I know this man and he want to give any Marine the best equipment so they stay safe while riding the bike from the trail to the road you'll be safe...

Ray Merrell
04-11-12, 02:05 PM
Personal Remembrances book "My Three Years in the Marine Corps" WWII.
Book is compiled from my diary entries, memories and letters written to my girlfriend from tents, mess halls, galleys, foxholes and behind trees, by candlelight, flashlight and lantern. Read about fellow Marin2168021681es, family and friends Order from me: Ray Merrell, 827 Dixie, Liberty, Mo. 64068. $15.00 each or 2 for $25.00 (includes postage) a personal check, money order or cashiers check is okay.

Order today...3 for $35.00.
Gung Ho,

Ray

Ray Merrell
04-15-12, 08:01 AM

Ray Merrell
827 Dixie
Liberty, Mo. 64068

Autographed books make great gifts...Mother's Day, Father's Day, Son, Daughter,
that someone in Boot Camp, or someone special....YOU.

Gung Ho,

Ray

Zulu 36
04-21-12, 07:05 PM
It took a number of years, but I'm finally a published author. My first book is listed on Amazon and at Smashwords.com. Within the next couple of weeks it should be available at Barnes and Noble, Apple, Sony, Kobo, and Diesel.

The book is: Stepping In It: Marine Boot Camp For 19-Cents-An-Hour.
It is a semi-autobiographical depiction of my experiences in boot camp. While names, dates, and units have been changed to protect the innocent, the events are true.
Stepping In It is available as an e-book download for $2.99 at:

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007WDBBAQ

Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/153223

Stay tuned for my second book, Tales from the Street: Stories of Police Work, a collection of law enforcement related stories from several contributors and me. I'm still prepping it for upload, so I expect it will become available at Amazon and Smashwords within a couple of weeks. It should be available at the other retailers a few weeks after that. It too will be priced at $2.99.

Ray Merrell
04-22-12, 04:38 AM
It took a number of years, but I'm finally a published author. My first book is listed on Amazon and at Smashwords.com. Within the next couple of weeks it should be available at Barnes and Noble, Apple, Sony, Kobo, and Diesel.

The book is: Stepping In It: Marine Boot Camp For 19-Cents-An-Hour.
It is a semi-autobiographical depiction of my experiences in boot camp. While names, dates, and units have been changed to protect the innocent, the events are true.
Stepping In It is available as an e-book download for $2.99 at:

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007WDBBAQ

Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/153223

Stay tuned for my second book, Tales from the Street: Stories of Police Work, a collection of law enforcement related stories from several contributors and me. I'm still prepping it for upload, so I expect it will become available at Amazon and Smashwords within a couple of weeks. It should be available at the other retailers a few weeks after that. It too will be priced at $2.99.

Congratulations Zulu on the publishing of your book, best of luck to you on your first book and the next.

Gung Ho,

Ray

Ray Merrell
04-27-12, 12:27 PM
For Mother's Day & Father's Day: Autographed books: "My Three Years in the Marine Corps" by - Ray Merrell Personal Memories - enlistment through boot camp, Invasions of Bougainville, Emirau, Guam, Okinawa, and Occupation of Japan and home.

"Simple Times, Simple Pleasures / A Scrapbook of Memories" by Helen Merrell Growing up in the '30's '40's and WWII. $15.00 each 2 for $25.00 for $35. See pictures under R in Gallery. Includes postage, personal check, money order or cashier' check. Order from Ray Merrell, 827 Dixie, Liberty, Mo. 64068

Ray Merrell
05-11-12, 06:30 AM

Ray Merrell
827 Dixie
Liberty, Mo. 64068

A Review: by Lance-Colonel SL Cpl. My Three Years in the Marine Corps...finished it yesterday...will likely have to reread it...There is a lot to soak in...woven in between the letters home and the era of the Corps...wow...times have changed...yet... not the ingenuity and creative nature of the Marine...peppered with all that is the Corps...particularly the humor and sense of duty...to each other.

Wow...great gift for anyone who has ever been in love, lived through a war era, appreciates the simpler times in life and wants to remember what really mattered was in our own house, on your own street, in your own town...in downtown, rural, or urban America.

Take a walk through both sides of WWII with Ray, Helen and all their friends, family and fellow Marines...Good for the soul...

Highly recommended...

jp2usmc
05-11-12, 09:23 AM
Unsubscribing.

Zulu 36
05-23-12, 04:27 PM
My second book is out as an e-book.

Tales of the Street: Stories of Police Work is now available on Amazon and Smashwords.com. $2.99.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr_dp_sr_1?_encoding=UTF8&field-author=Christopher+Tipton&search-alias=digital-text

http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/tiptonch

Within the next couple of weeks, both books should also be available through retailers Barnes and Noble (Nook), Apple, Kobo, Diesel, and Sony.

As soon as I can get the covers done, both books will also be available in paperback through Amazon.

Ray Merrell
06-09-12, 08:13 AM

Ray Merrell
827 Dixie
Liberty, Mo. 64068

Book or books mailed the day your check arrives. Get acquainted with my fellow Marines, family, girlfriend, and friends. Many pictures. I would really like to send you an autographed book.

Gung Ho,

Ray

Ray Merrell
07-11-12, 11:52 AM
"My Three Years in the Marine Corps"

Order today:

$15.00 each, 2 for $25.00, 3 for $35.00...personally autographed.
Order from:
Ray Merrell
827 Dixie
Liberty, Mo. 64068

Meet my Marine Buddies, my family, my girlfriend, and friends.
Invasions of Bougainville, Emirau, Guam, Okinawa and Occupation of Japan. A War/Love Story.

Personal check, money order or cashiers check. Book or books mailed the day your check arrives. See My Profile for pictures and info.

Gung Ho,

Ray

Ray Merrell
08-09-12, 06:12 AM
WWII book, written from diary entries, letters home, my memories. About Marine buddies, friends back home, family, girl friend, daily duties, four invasions and the Occupation of Japan.

"My Three Years in the Marine Corps"

Autographed book - $15.00 each, 2 for $25.00, 3 for $35.00, includes postage to one address. Autographed to anyone you wish. Mailed the day your check arrives. Order from:

Ray Merrell
827 Dixie
Liberty, Mo. 6406822907

warlord69
01-14-13, 06:32 PM

I'm also looking and have been searching for the past few months without luck. Served Jun 68 thru Jun72. I have a newer set of Blues Trousers approx 38" waist X 30" length I can trade. Email me at roman.milanowicz@gmail.com

Roman "Ski" Milanowicz
Sgt USMC
68-72
VMFA-451 Seat Shop & Check Crew

rufus1
01-15-13, 12:19 AM
If I find some I will buy them up and post them for sale!!!

Marine1955
01-15-13, 02:16 PM
If I find some I will buy them up and post them for sale!!!

Good luck I've been trying for years and still can't find one..

warlord69
01-21-13, 08:26 PM
Thanks Rufus. Let me know if you luck out on finding any. You can email me at roman.milanowicz@gmail.com

S/F:marine:

Richardpeifer
05-08-13, 05:39 PM
I know how to wear six medals on my dress blues, but what if you have seven? How do you mount them? Do you still over lap? I'm trying to set up my blues for a wedding an could use some help.

mveverka
06-28-14, 09:05 PM
I'm looking for a "little red monster". Lost mine along the way. Will buy or trade. please email at mveverka@neo.rr.com. Thanks, semper fi

happytrucker46
07-20-14, 09:08 PM
I joined ther marines in 1975 to help in the Vietnam war, 13 days after I joined the war ended. About 8 years back, my house burned down, and we lost everything. 3 years ago, I was diagnosised with stomach cancer, they removered all of my stomach, and as you can imagine they will not let me work any more, I am trying to get my affairs in order. I am looking for a set of dress blues to complete the last of some of the final arrangments. If you have some, maybe I can come up with the money to buy them.
Thanks bo

fespar
07-22-14, 04:27 PM
For sale:
First time on DVD(NTSC system)!Never been available anywhere!
USMC documentary,"LES MARINES",1957 French film,in b&w running-time 20:00 min.
Depicts Marine Corps boot-camp at Parris Island.Made as a direct result of the 1956 Ribbon Creek Tragedy where six recruits drowned.Meant to show how recruits are maltreated!This documentary has never been available for sale/rent ever.Narrated in French with Swedish/English sub-titles.Picture/sound are excellent.I'll sell this for the money I paid for it in 2001,i.e.$ 550.00.

Old Marine
07-22-14, 07:33 PM
Can't see why any Marine would want such a video. All Marines know what goes on in Marine Corps Boot Camp.

19sgtrock80
09-13-14, 02:26 PM
Seems like this is the spot I have been looking for for years! I am and have been looking for my Navy Cruise Jacket that grew frekking legs and walked out of my house while I played in the Big Sandbox (Desert Storm 90-91). And yes a splittail had it in her possession. It took a walk from Jville, NC. It has USS IOWA BB61 MARDET on back. Yes I was a seagoing bellhop 84-86(SEADUTY). I know it is a LONG shot for its return. But if anyone knows what material they are made of and were I can find said material, I will spend the 4 bills to have another made. Oh, ad btw THE splittail's name was Brandi.

m14ed
09-14-14, 05:41 AM
Can't see why any Marine would want such a video.

All Marines know what goes on in Marine Corps Boot Camp.

here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTwef6jEC5M

^ NO sub-titles

use the $550 for a hooker and six packs,
or two-dozen

Ed Palmer
09-14-14, 10:03 AM
Here is what you need to know about Marine Corps boot camp!!

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=AwrBT8fCrBVU0psARHtXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB0d XE3bGFuBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDQ2Nl8x?p= All+Marines+know+what+goes+on+in+Marine+Corps+Boot +Camp.

Baker1971
09-15-14, 06:15 AM
Brandi, good name, hahahahaha !!!!

rahdog
09-15-17, 08:44 AM
For Sell

LCPL Dress Blue Jacket & pants- 40R(jacket)/32R(pants)
LCPL Service Alphas Jacket 39R
Dress Shoes size 11 or 10 1/2 cant remember which one honestly
Track suit top/bottom
Dress Blue Cap as well

Pete Tingle
03-17-18, 09:13 AM
I need NCO Dress Blue Trousers 44" Waist 30" length. I am currently the Jr. Vice Cmdt of the Capt. William D. Glynn Detachment #128.
I appreciate your help!
Semper Fi!
Pete Tingle

Mongoose
03-20-18, 06:34 AM
Oldtop is looking to sell his Tu-Tu. It is well worn, but taken good care of through the years.32481

Robbieusmc
03-20-18, 07:00 AM
Your funny mongoose.

MunkyVsRobot
04-14-18, 02:24 PM
I need NCO Dress Blue Trousers 44" Waist 30" length. I am currently the Jr. Vice Cmdt of the Capt. William D. Glynn Detachment #128.
I appreciate your help!
Semper Fi!
Pete Tingle

Where the hell is that? Tell people somewhat remotely where you are at devil, if I'm in Pendleton and you are in New York I would barely be able to help you besides direct you to your closest MEF

NORIZA27
05-10-18, 04:24 PM
How can i find and purchase a 1988 san diego, ca mcrd golf company 2nd rtbn, platoon 2087 year book?
PLEASE EMAIL ME NORA_IZAGUIRRE@YAHOO.COM

drew315
08-24-18, 07:44 AM
I have several utility camo pieces. Most are in desert but I have a few things in woodlands. This is the new digital camo. I have large reg and some medium reg. If you are interested email me and we can talk. These are in great shape. Some were worn once. I was airwing, so I wore coveralls 99% of the time. I also have a pair of black steel toe double sole Navy boots. Worn a few times but in great shape. Size 9R.

andrewdrieder@hotmail.com

Thanks

WKRockey
10-01-18, 01:44 PM
Marine officer’s uniform Boat Cloak. Near-mint condition. Made in 1956 at the old Marine Corps Supply Activity, 1100 South Broad Street, Philadelphia in the Officer Uniform Section. Made to strict uniform specifications. Workmanship and materials are of the highest standards. $325 or best offer.