PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Dress Blue Gloves

Jester3113
12-25-08, 03:50 PM
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening everyone. I was hoping somebody can help me with my Dress Blue Gloves. Ive worn them once and they have a black spot on one of the fingers. what is the easiest/best way to clean them and keep them looking new? Thank you

Quinbo
12-25-08, 05:13 PM
You can try various whiteners such as oxyclean. Don't put bleach directly on your gloves but you could try running them through the wash. While in barracks duty if we got a stain on gloves would simply go buy a new pair and those just became practice gloves from then on.

CHOPPER7199
12-25-08, 08:48 PM
Jester, Congrates On Getting That E.g.a. As I See, Your Home On Leave From P.i. I Would Suggest Getting A Couple Of Spares Of Everything That You Have In White. Enjoy Your Time Home.

outlaw3179
12-25-08, 10:04 PM
buy new ones . theyre cheap.

Jester3113
12-25-08, 10:18 PM
I was thinking about buying new ones just in case. I'l try that oxyclean too. i already bout plety of Eagle Globe and Anchors for all the uniforms and i have a few of the National Defense ribbons and a couple of my marksmen badges. i pretty much spent alot of my $ after boot on my uniforms. which is good and bad of course. thank you chopper, i honestly enjoyed all of boot b/c i knew someone before me in worse shape did it and i knew i could. that and a DI told me after a formation run to not let the jester get me and it stuck ever since, i just wish i knew who it was that told it to me.

Pete0331
12-26-08, 12:57 AM
buy new ones . theyre cheap.

I agree.

I wore blues maybe once or twice a year, if that often.
A new pair of gloves each time to ensure that there is no question as to their serviceability.
Also because I usually lost them in a drunken stupor, resulting from the Marine Corps Ball.

SlingerDun
12-26-08, 02:08 AM
what is the easiest/best way to clean themCan't say its the best technique but it's usefull if you're cheap or when you just can't get to the gettin place for new white gloves or a cover....

.pull the gloves on and squirt a dollup of whitening toothpaste in your palms, rub it in some. Rinse and repeat instead of scrubbing which can fuzz these articles

Oh and good job on the Marine thing! :beer:

--->Dave

Artemis
12-26-08, 10:01 AM
Save yourself the trouble of even trying to get them truly clean and just buy new ones.

Jester3113
12-26-08, 12:56 PM
new ones it is. thank you everyone