PDA

View Full Version : I Wish You ........

firstsgtmike
06-11-03, 07:36 AM
I've quoted from June Christy's "I Wish You Love" several times here.
I'll add more of the lyrics, but first; "and now a word from our sponser"

MARINE! The posts here give individual definitions and experiences, what it means to each of us. There's no argument. We are all correct.

I retired before most of the poolees and wannabees were born. Almost all of the posts relate to Active Duty, and what it means to be a Marine.

I will tell them something, and put something into perspective for everyone else.

A Marine is the embodiment of a superior form of human being.

Biblical theory has it that Adam was created from the dust of the earth.

MARINES were formed by volunteers from ALL segments of society, backgrounds, ambitions, motivation, etc. We earned the title, and were identified as Marines.

That identity, unlike an I.D. card, or a driver's license, does NOT expire. Talk to a Marine veteran of ANY age. Whatever the situation, who does he place his full trust, faith, and confidence in?

"I was in the Corps, take my hand". "Why am I helping here? Semper Fi." "I can fix, I can make, I can do. Semper Fi."

Who do you hire? Who do you trust to do the job? Who is invited to the front of the line? Semper Fi Marine, come with me.

I've heard of the brotherhood of Harvard graduates, Yale graduates, Masons, Shriners, etc. In the past 25 years, since I left active duty, I have found no stronger bond or brotherhood than Semper Fi.

Regardless of what he is wearing, where he comes from, what he is driving, whatever his title, I KNOW we share a common bond, MCRD. THAT is where we were born, THAT is where we came from. THAT is who and what we are, buckass naked on an island in the middle of nowhere, we are Marines, we will survive.

Responses I have witnessed from civilians facing an emergency were expected. It was a mindblower to hear vets from other services say; "He is a Marine, he'll know what to do."

The poolees and wannabees say "Wow!" My brothers say" Well no **** Dick Tracy, tell me something I didn't know! Been there, done that!"

And to all of you!;

I wish you bluebirds in the spring
To give your heart a song to sing
And then a kiss, but more than this
I wish you love

And in july a lemonade
To cool you in some leafy glade
I wish you health
But more than wealth
I wish you love

I wish you shelter from the storm
A cozy fire to keep you warm