PDA

View Full Version : US plastic surgeon 'used fat from clients to run car'

jetdawgg
12-24-08, 10:45 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/3920643/Inquiry-into-US-plastic-surgeon-who-used-fat-from-clients-to-run-car.html
US authorities are investigating a Beverly Hills cosmetic surgeon who claims that he used fat he removed from patients in liposuction operations to power his "green" four-wheel-drive car.

Last Updated: 8:23AM GMT 24 Dec 2008

California's public health department has opened an inquiry into claims made by Dr Alan Bittner that he had turned fat removed from his patients into biodiesel.

Mr Bittner wrote on his website: "The vast majority of my patients request that I use their fat for fuel - and I have more fat than I can use.
"Not only do they get to lose their love handles or chubby belly, but they get to take part in saving the Earth."

The website lipodiesel.com has since been shut down and Mr Bittner's clinic has closed.

US business magazine Forbes reported that Dr Bittner used the "lipofuel" to power both his Ford Explorer car and his girlfriend's Lincoln Navigator.
It is not known how Dr Bittner went about turning the fat sucked out of patients into fuel.

But he claims to have carried out more than 7,000 lipo operations - and according to Forbes, a gallon of fat will produce about a gallon of fuel, and drivers can get about the same amount of mileage from fat fuel as they do from regular diesel.

It is illegal in the US to use human medical waste to power vehicles.

DocGreek
12-24-08, 10:55 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS, and HAPPY KWANZA, Dog! Hope 2009, is more prosporous, and Happy for you, and Family!!.....SEMPER FI.....Doc Greek

Wyoming
12-25-08, 01:37 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS, and HAPPY KWANZA, Dog! Hope 2009, is more prosporous, and Happy for you, and Family!!.....SEMPER FI.....Doc Greek

Yeah, yeah, what Doc said, but -

It is illegal in the US to use human medical waste to power vehicles. - Is there really a law on the books for this and who the **** thought it up?

jetdawgg
12-25-08, 06:20 PM
Yeah, yeah, what Doc said, but -
- Is there really a law on the books for this and who the **** thought it up?

A lawyer:D:D

brian21johansen
12-25-08, 06:25 PM
What's the problem with using peoples fat to power his vehicle?

It's a smart idea if you ask me

Wyoming
12-25-08, 08:14 PM
A lawyer:D:D

Go to Hell, Mike. :D

Semper Fidelis My Brother!!