PDA

View Full Version : A couple questions.

mattlw201
12-24-08, 08:22 PM
Ok I have a question hopefully some Marine can answer. I just got out of boot camp and Im getting married on Saturday. Does my wife have to travel all the way to California to sign something (we live in Arkansas), or do I just have to take all the documents to SOI with me? I asked the local recruiter this but he couldnt answer. Also how long does it take to get the extra pay after that information is put into the system?

Zulu 36
12-24-08, 09:12 PM
Why does an 18-year old Private have to get married anyway?

hrscowboy
12-24-08, 09:39 PM
I want to know that answer also..

echo3oscar1833
12-24-08, 09:42 PM
Why does an 18-year old Private have to get married anyway?

So he can get a divorce at 19, didn't ya know that one Zulu lol:D

Zulu 36
12-24-08, 09:48 PM
So he can get a divorce at 19, didn't ya know that one Zulu lol:D

Yeah, well I was going to add that I'd bet he was divorced before his enlistment was up. But, I was trying to be nice - for a change. :marine:

echo3oscar1833
12-24-08, 10:15 PM
Yeah, well I was going to add that I'd bet he was divorced before his enlistment was up. But, I was trying to be nice - for a change. :marine:

Im just speaking from experience, thats what happened with me and my ex-wife. She hated being a Marine Spouse, but it happens. Besides I get more time to do whatever the hell I please now.:D

Enigmatic
12-24-08, 10:20 PM
My wife and I barely made it. It kinda helps that shes a Marine too though.

kaboom1371
12-25-08, 12:10 AM
old Marine saying "If the Marines wanted you to have a wife, They would have issued you one!"

sparkie
12-25-08, 05:22 AM
Listen up, Gentlemen,,,,,, I married in that situation 38 years ago, so it can happen. And as far as his answer goes,,,don't know exactly, but paperwork can fly back and fourth pretty fast in this country, and their Will be a screwup that Will set your pay back by a month.... That is MILITARY NORMAL. Get over it, overcome,, and Always do what your new CG tells ya, or you'll be divorced before Valentines Day.