PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgia

Bruce59
12-23-08, 02:07 PM
A man is on his computer reading the posts from that day on Leatherneck.com. He drinks the last of his coffee, logs off and stares
at the empty screen for a wile, seemingly lost in thought. He slowly gets
up and heads for the bedroom. Alone for now, the house is now quiet
and still. In the bedroom he heads for the closet, opens the door and pulls out a garment bag from the back, slowly unzips it and pills out his winter
green Marine Corps uniform and hangs it on the front of the door. He slowly runs his fingers over the fabric, across the stripes, ribbons and shooting metals. He now sits himself down on the edge of the bed and
stares at the uniform, as his mind takes him back in time when he wore
it. Back to a time when he was young, and the pride he felt when wearing it, Back to those days so long ago. Now in the silence of thought, a tear
slowly runs down his cheek, which has now snapped him back to the present. Wiping away the tear, he gets up and places the uniform back
in the closet, till next time. To some this would seem odd, but not to Marines, to them it would not seem odd at all.

thedrifter
12-23-08, 02:08 PM
Amen!:thumbup:

Ellie

temarti
12-23-08, 03:24 PM
Semper Fi!!

Big Jim
12-23-08, 05:19 PM
To a time when were we bullet proof and a part of something that meant more than we did....I'd do it all over again.....SEMPER FI....

Sgt Jim
12-23-08, 05:21 PM
Semper Fi

OldGruntNamVet
12-23-08, 05:55 PM
Great Post; Thats for real. Now I am one of those Old Marines. Done that a number of times!! :usmc: "Semper Fi" and "OooohRahhh":flag:

nptwildcat
12-23-08, 07:07 PM
AMEN! Semper Fi Marine

SGT7477
12-23-08, 07:38 PM
Great Post; Thats for real. Now I am one of those Old Marines. Done that a number of times!! :usmc: "Semper Fi" and "OooohRahhh":flag:

Same here brother, Semper FI Marines.:flag:

ecfree
12-23-08, 07:57 PM
To a time when were we bullet proof and a part of something that meant more than we did....I'd do it all over again.....SEMPER FI....

I'll lift my glass to that,Big Jim.
Do it all over again ?
Yes,but I'd do it better.........:beer: