PDA

View Full Version : Tube Alert

Shaffer
08-05-02, 12:04 PM
History Channel
Tonight from 8 to 8:30 EST

R. Lee Ermey, who portrayed the sergeant in "Full Metal Jacket", applies his gruff sense of humor in this half-hour series that answers viewers' mail about what the armed forces were, and really are, like! Shot on location, Ermey reads the questions on air and then sends them out to military experts in the field for answers and brief demonstrations.

Sixguns
08-05-02, 01:15 PM
I saw a pic from this show and he was out at a CAX in 29 Palms. I wonder if this is a one time deal or not. Will there be future episodes? Anyway, I just may watch it.

Gregg Doll
08-05-02, 02:54 PM
MAIL CALL, with SSgt Ermey will be a regular show this fall on The History Channel....

Leatherneck Magazine has a story in this months (AUG) issue about the SSgt... Pages 40-43... He was made an honorary gunny in May...

One of this movies, The Siege at Fire Base Gloria was on the TRUE movie channel today....it should be on again soon...

thedrifter
08-05-02, 02:57 PM
Here is the website addy for "Mail Call".

http://www.historychannel.com/mailcall/

Sempers,

Roger

LadyLeatherneck
08-05-02, 03:08 PM
Sounds good! I guess we all know where we'll be at
2000 hours.

Semper Fi :D

Gregg Doll
08-05-02, 03:20 PM
Speaking of web sites...Here the web address for SSgt Ermey...

http://www.rleeermey.com

I forgot to add that in my last post... Seems the site gets 55,000 hits a day...I haven't been there yet myself, but will try to get to it sometime today....So many MARINE sites...So little time...:yes:

LadyLeatherneck
08-05-02, 03:28 PM
Hey Gregg,
Nice website you got going there. I just kind of
glanced through it and will go back and look at
it when I have more time. Great Job!

Semper Fi :)

Gregg Doll
08-05-02, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the kudos Lady L....It's a team effort... I come up with the ideas...My wife does all the codeing for me. I call her my GEEK GODDESS.. .We can play well together most of the time...I'll have some new pictures on the site as soon as I can find a darkroom to use so I can print some old B&W negatives from Vietnam..Not many of us have darkrooms any more...All have gone Digi...

Semper Fi,

Gregg Doll
08-05-02, 03:54 PM
Just got back from my tour of SSgt Ermey's site...

Very Commercial...But I guess I knew that going in..

Gregg Doll
08-06-02, 01:55 PM
Ok...So did anyone else watch MAIL CALL last night???

To me it looked like anyother show of it's kind....I was hoping for something better...3, 1/2 hour shows and 2 were the same...:devious:

JAMarine
08-06-02, 02:31 PM
I didn't catch the show but just wanted to let you know I believe you have a very nice web site. Nice place to visit.

Thanks

8th&I Marine
08-06-02, 03:10 PM
I caught some of the show. It was pretty good showed the gatlin gun how to fire it and so on. They showed a m-4 tank i believe and how to operate it. I was taught how to blow tanks up hehe. Thats about what i saw

Cantrell