PDA

View Full Version : Marine Home From Duty Honored By Church

thedrifter
12-22-08, 07:39 AM
Marine Home From Duty Honored By Church
FORT WORTH (CBS 11 News) ―

He spent two tours overseas serving his country. On Sunday he got the chance to come home to Fort Worth and celebrate Christmas with family. Marine Lance Corporal Brian Fisher spoke with CBS 11 Sunday about his courage to re-enlist after losing his friends in combat.

Fisher sat In the back of his home church Sunday, Baptist Temple in Fort Worth. "That young man back there was given to us as a Christmas present."

For the past two years 'home' have been tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan. At 21, Fisher has lived through heartaches and headaches. "I lost three of my friends… Walking up a hill setting security my buddy Toves ended up stepping on a pressure plate and I got hit."

Fisher ended up in a coma, Lance Corporal Jacob Toves died. Two other marines, Lance Corporals Juan Lopez and Anthony Mihalo were also killed.

"They swept for mines using metal detectors so that we wouldn't get hit so he really put his life on the lines for us."

Despite multiple injuries, Fisher just reenlisted. For God, Country, and the friends he lost.

"They've touched my life a lot. I don't feel like i can quit yet. a lot of people join do thier four years and go off and do their thing. i feel the military is a big career for me and something i'd like to keep doing."

Fisher says he's not going alone, but with the help of his church, and their prayers. A gift he says all Marines need.

"I wouldn't have made it back from Iraq if there hadnt have been prayer. this christmas season this time the biggest thing they need is prayer."

Ellie