PDA

View Full Version : A friend to be medically discharged?

McCullagh
12-21-08, 11:40 PM
Good evening everyone. Recently, a good friend of mine injured his knee during M.C.T. and kept on pushing through (as we Marines are built/made to do), and has made his way to MOS school. His (left)...

Big Jim
12-21-08, 11:56 PM
I know you think you have some responsibility in this but its really his responsiblility...not yours. He knew what he was doing when he did it. Boot camp isn't like the FMF or "A" school...its alot...

DocGreek
12-22-08, 08:06 AM
Big Jim....you're right....ATTITUDR, ATTITUDE, ATTITUDE!!!! We've got Marines, in Iraq, working full time, with missing legs, arms, and eyes!! Yeah.....they aren't on the line, but line Company's need lot's of support. OOOOOOORRRRAH!!!!.....SEMPER FI.....Doc Greek

oldtop
12-22-08, 11:08 AM
This type of injury does not necessairly have to result in a medical discharge, although it could. If he responds well to reconstructive surgery and the therapy afterwards, and if his treating...

Riven37
12-24-08, 08:39 AM
A.C.L. tear and a definite medial meniscus tear sounds healing outlook is good to me. He should have went to sickbay before signing papers.

McCullagh
12-24-08, 10:11 AM
A.C.L. tear and a definite medial meniscus tear sounds healing outlook is good to me. He should have went to sickbay before signing papers.

Actually the injuries happened during out M.C.T. training. Anyway, thanks for the responses, I emailed them to him (we're home on leave in 2 different places), and he's feeling a little less... troubled.

Ooohrah, and Semper Fi.

TMM54
01-04-09, 06:59 PM
I had two knee surgeries while I was on active duty. The first - two weeks sick leave, and then light duty until I could run again. The second was a bigger problem and more extensive surgery, and I had sick leave for a month. Again, light duty until I could run again. Your friend will be fine - the orthopedic surgeons know what they are doing (in most cases), and most knee problems are fixable. Look at the pro football players. Marines are athletes also. Semper Fi, Tom