PDA

View Full Version : Mct

Bmill2369
12-21-08, 07:16 AM
hey Marines I just graduated bootcamp on friday Dec.19th and I was wondering in anyone could give me info on what MCT is like and what we do there?

thanks for all replys

OOORAH

BR34
12-21-08, 08:36 AM
Try doing a search. This has been covered, in detail, numerous times.

SGT7477
12-21-08, 09:51 AM
Congrats Marine, Semper FI.

Mindgame
12-21-08, 01:45 PM
You do some training and eat a whole chitload of MRE's...

You will be doing alot of basic infantry training. keyword Basic. You learn how to clear a room, do mout town, learn the functions, and get to shoot differant weapons. Oh and of course Hiking.. :)

When they tell you not to bring your cellphone out into the field. I suggest listening. No point in getting NJP'd over a cellphone. We had a buddy loose rank over a text...

OH... And I don't suggest doing it... But a can of dip.. Chit even a pinch goes for a pretty penny when everyone starts getting desperate.. lol

SGT7477
12-21-08, 01:48 PM
You do some training and eat a whole chitload of MRE's...

When did they get rid of c-rats,lol?:flag:

CarolinaMarine
12-22-08, 09:24 PM
hey Marines I just graduated bootcamp on friday Dec.19th and I was wondering in anyone could give me info on what MCT is like and what we do there?

thanks for all replys

OOORAH

MRE's for like a month straight. No joke. Every day, 3 meals a day. Cold as hell at SOI East in Jan too, snowed on us. POS Camp Geiger.

Yeah dip is very valuable there. But the risk of getting caught with it and NJP'd is really not worth it. I'm sure there will be questions, and they will make you dump all of your stuff multiple times checking for it.

As far as training goes (Bootcamp, MCT, MOS), MCT by far was the most hellish experience. Thats mainly because of the cold. Its very hard to function and do anything in that cold of weather. Just be prepared to go from 3rd phase bootcamp back down to first or second phase bootcamp. When you're on the range its good to go though.

Fubar5812
12-24-08, 11:25 AM
it's life in the field.that simple.

with showers and working toilets though.

you'll have a chance to fire many of the weapons in the Marine Corps arsenal,m249 SAW,m240G,M203 Grenade Launcher,M16 of course.you'll do MOUT (military operations in urban terrain) in daylight and night time enviroments using night vision and PEQ devices. you'll do land Nav,dig foxholes,practice combat formations and ambushing.do fire and maneuver and "buddy rushes" using live ammunition. all the stuff that a Marine is expected to know and use in a combat enviroment.

Pete0331
12-24-08, 04:09 PM
When did they get rid of c-rats,lol?:flag:

The mid to late 80's. :marine:

MCT is an introduction to the very basic aspects of combat arms.

Enigmatic
12-24-08, 06:14 PM

thanks for all replys

OOORAH

I graduated boot camp on Friday, 19 December also!

That was in 2003.....Congratluations Marine.

dhenderson88
12-24-08, 07:15 PM
MCT Rocks, well except for when we were up on the Alpha shelf trying to dig foxholes there were filling with water faster than we could dig them. Then when they decided to take us down, they weren't sure how to do it because the creeks were flooding that we would have to cross. But over all, alot fun especially shooting the M-249 and M-240B.

SGT7477
12-24-08, 11:16 PM
The mid to late 80's. :marine:

MCT is an introduction to the very basic aspects of combat arms.

Thanks Marine I always enjoyed them, Semper FI.:flag:

OldGruntNamVet
12-24-08, 11:34 PM
Congrats Marine and enjoy your time with the Corps!!! Hey Did I hear C-Rats...Ill take a B-2 Unit..LOL

Semper Fi

JoeInVille
12-24-08, 11:56 PM
Its basically a watered down ITB...have fun. Just be thankful you weren't in ITB sleeping outside in freezing cold weather on a condensed training schedule during the month of December. But then again, im not gonna *****, I just think about the Marines at Frozen Chosin and it made my month seem like 20 days in Florida.