PDA

View Full Version : Jan 2009 Cutting Scores Released

Witebeam
12-20-08, 12:47 PM
Looks like I am picking up Cpl. http://www.militarytimes.com/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news...cores_121808w/ (http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2008/12/marine_cuttingscores_121808w/)

Kegler300
12-20-08, 01:04 PM
Congratulations!

Enigmatic
12-20-08, 05:30 PM
According to your profile, you havent even picked up PFC yet....

SGT7477
12-20-08, 07:01 PM
Looks like I am picking up Cpl. http://www.militarytimes.com/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news...cores_121808w/ (http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2008/12/marine_cuttingscores_121808w/)

Your profile needs work bigtime.:evilgrin:

Witebeam
12-20-08, 07:02 PM
According to your profile, you havent even picked up PFC yet....

I didn't feel like tricking out my profile just to write one post. I usually just read these forums but decided to post this because I didn't see it up yet. I think I fixed the rank though.

Haffner
12-21-08, 12:57 AM
"Tricking out?" Typing a few words is, "Tricking out?" You made an account on this website just to make one post to say you're going to pick up Cpl. to try and get some praise? No, you did not fix your rank.

You're going to be a turd of an NCO. I don't need to know you personally to be able to decipher this. You THINK you fixed your rank? NCOs are 100% sure of what they do because lives lay on the line of their decision making. They don't, "THINK," they have fixed a defficiency and go about their day as if it is corrected.

You have a lot of work ahead of you -- those few sentences you spoke told volumes about who you are as a Marine.

Enigmatic
12-21-08, 01:07 AM
"Tricking out?" Typing a few words is, "Tricking out?" You made an account on this website just to make one post to say you're going to pick up Cpl. to try and get some praise? No, you did not fix your rank.

You're going to be a turd of an NCO. I don't need to know you personally to be able to decipher this. You THINK you fixed your rank? NCOs are 100% sure of what they do because lives lay on the line of their decision making. They don't, "THINK," they have fixed a defficiency and go about their day as if it is corrected.

You have a lot of work ahead of you -- those few sentences you spoke told volumes about who you are as a Marine.

OOH-RAH. That was so moto...made me wanna get the NCO Creed tattooed across my back! Kill!

Haffner
12-21-08, 01:26 AM
Hell yeah, lol. There are Poolees that abide by the rules on this website. How can an NCO not abide by them? How can a Marine feel ok about not having his/her proper rank displayed on a forum visited by thousands daily? Moreover, one about to be a prestigious Marine Corps NCO? I can't fathom that.

If this is truly the case, our NCO Corps will grow weaker with that promotion. Don't worry, Devil Dog, if there is any truth in the statement regarding your promotion, there are Marines out there such as myself that will pick up your slack and never ***** about it.

S/F Enigmatic

mgkusmc
12-21-08, 02:10 AM
Unfortunately with someone in a 03 field Social Darwinism takes effect and the weak and turds are usually killed in combat, unfortunately if he is in a leadership position like a corporal it not only costs his life but usually a Marine who is more capable because that Marine is trying to fix this Marines mistakes.

I still got a little bit before I pick up Sergeant so I'm not worried about my cutting score just yet, besides my MOS is labeled NA for January's cutting score.

Enigmatic
12-21-08, 02:24 AM
I obviously never made it beyond the rank of Corporal, but the importance of being an NCO was instilled in me daily and I NEVER once took it lightly. <br />
<br />
I was not a grunt, but I served with grunts...

Witebeam
12-21-08, 09:26 AM

I am sorry that I am not that computer saavy and didn't fix my profile to meet the rules of this website. And I am not looking for praise on a website. I figured if I once had a hard time finding where the damn cutting scores where at, I would just post them up real fast for someone else.

It's rediculous that you would call me a turd of an NCO from what you have seen. You are over reacting. Yes I had thought that I changed my rank. I guess I didn't do it right. This isn't something you can compare to a life or death situation.

I appriciate the advice from you other Devils.

BR34
12-21-08, 12:33 PM
For future reference, if you want to find the scores, just google "Manpower Marine Corps" and go to the first site it pulls up. You'll end up with the official page here.

https://www.manpower.usmc.mil/portal/page?_pageid=278,2029930&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

Coda
12-21-08, 05:07 PM
Witebeam.. dont worry about it man if you dont feel like doing it dont do it. and congrats on picking up man. all the best.<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_425422", true); </SCRIPT>

BR34
12-21-08, 06:35 PM
Filling out your profile takes less than 2 minutes!!!

It's ****ed up to see one Cpl tell a soon-to-be Cpl that he doesn't have to follow rules if he doesn't feel like it. No one HAS to do anything, but not following the rules of this site can result in being banned.

I won't say what should or shouldn't be done--not my place. Just thought I'd inform you two of the consequences.

Cpl Jaques, how could it not bother you for your profile to say "E1", after earning your Blood Stripes?

CplKJSpevak
12-21-08, 06:44 PM
That's cool you Marines can go online and check what the scores are, When I was in we didn't have that. But having a friend in S1 used to keep me in the loop. Pretty cool. Congrat's Witebeam.

Enigmatic
12-21-08, 06:47 PM
Filling out your profile takes less than 2 minutes!!!

It's ****ed up to see one Cpl tell a soon-to-be Cpl that he doesn't have to follow rules if he doesn't feel like it. No one HAS to do anything, but not following the rules of this site can result in being banned.

I won't say what should or shouldn't be done--not my place. Just thought I'd inform you two of the consequences.

Cpl Jaques, how could it not bother you for your profile to say "E1", after earning your Blood Stripes?

Well said. BTW, whats up with your signature? Did you win MOBCOM Marine of the Year? Is so, congrats.

BR34
12-21-08, 06:53 PM
Well said. BTW, whats up with your signature? Did you win MOBCOM Marine of the Year? Is so, congrats.

Yes, I did Cpl. Thank you.

Maldonado 2060
12-21-08, 07:02 PM
Yes, I did Cpl. I went of for Marine of the Quarter in October and won it. Marine of the Year board on the 16th, also won it. Next board is 4th MARDIV Marine of the Year (even though I'm active duty).

Jesus! Thats some motovating shiet Lcpl. keep up the good work. For some claiming what you earned isnt important for others it defines who we are. Semper Fi!

Witebeam
12-21-08, 08:26 PM
Well I changed my rank in the About Me section of my profile. But I don't see how I can get the rank on the avatar like you all have.

Twitchell
12-21-08, 09:33 PM
If for some reason you can't figure it out, ask one of the Moderators to help you. They should be able to change it!