PDA

View Full Version : Marine MP?

tripletgirl101
12-20-08, 11:01 AM
Hi guys. I want to be a MP or a Security Guard, but i have 2 things, I am short, only 61 inches, (my mom is 60) But I am 14 so I still have room to grow but still will be any of those things? Also, I have depression will this restrict me from having those jobs or from even being a Marine? Thanks.

thewookie
12-20-08, 11:30 AM
Don't fear girl; get some inversion gravity boots and while you're hanging around you'll get a few extra inches and it might help hang the depression right out of you.

http://sitincomfort.com/slspydgravbo1.html

ggyoung
12-20-08, 11:55 AM
Remember Gen. Victor Krulack it is said that he had to have his brother hit him on the top of his head to get a goose bump to meet the min. hight requirement to get in. Any one here who ever had him do a inspection on them knew full well it was eyes straight ahead or your butt was chewed on worse than any DI ever thought of doing. During the 1st part of Vietnam he said he would like to start on the south end of Vietnam with the old !st Marine Brigade (with was with at the time) and sweep north and not stop till we hit the China border. By God we would have done it too.

Fubar5812
12-20-08, 04:41 PM
the minimum height requirment for MP is 65 inches,though it is waiverable up to 3 inches. to be an MP you must have no history of mental illness or psychological problems,I would talk to your recruiter and see what he can do,is it documented as in your seeing a professional for it? at age 14 i doubt it would matter.

tripletgirl101
12-20-08, 08:15 PM
Thanks, hmmm yeah thewookie (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=33510) I live in the south so that could work.... xD

BR34
12-20-08, 08:48 PM
Depressed at 14?!?! WTF, is that even possible? Have you been diagnosed by a Dr. as depressed, or are you just sad about something in particular?

tripletgirl101
12-21-08, 09:04 AM
Depressed at 14?!?! WTF, is that even possible? Have you been diagnosed by a Dr. as depressed, or are you just sad about something in particular?

Yes, it is possible when you have been what I have been through and yes I have been diagnosed by a doctor and I am currently on medicine.

Marine84
12-21-08, 10:51 AM
Wookie - I think we have another "winner"!

Little girl, you have 4 more years before you're even LEGAL enough to sign on the dotted line. Do you know how many times you'll change your mind in 4 years?

Come back and talk to us then IF you're still interested in the Title.

tripletgirl101
12-21-08, 10:56 AM
You're right I may change my mind but until then I want to learn as much as I can.

Isrowei
12-21-08, 11:13 AM
I gotta agree with 84 on this one. First, you're on medication already. Second, your sig sounds like defeat in the making.

You're just a kid. Go and enjoy life. If at 17 or 18 you still want to be a Marine, then come talk to us. If life has been as hard as you say it has... then you well understand that a lot can happen in 3-4 years for better or for worse.

Stay in school. Don't do drugs. There's your PSA.

tripletgirl101
12-21-08, 11:18 AM
I gotta agree with 84 on this one. First, you're on medication already. Second, your sig sounds like defeat in the making.

You're just a kid. Go and enjoy life. If at 17 or 18 you still want to be a Marine, then come talk to us. If life has been as hard as you say it has... then you well understand that a lot can happen in 3-4 years for better or for worse.

My sig, is like that because I am used to defeat, and you're right a lot can happen in 3-4 years, a lot already has, but for now I can dream and will because dreams are the only things that I can hold onto.

ggyoung
12-21-08, 11:52 AM
Alright people how Meany of you guys said that "you wanted to be a MARINE at that age? I bet there are a lot of you did.

tripletgirl101
12-21-08, 12:07 PM
Alright people how Meany of you guys said that "you wanted to be a MARINE at that age? I bet there are a lot of you did.

LOL thank you. I may become one I may not, it all depends on what the future holds.

Big Jim
12-21-08, 12:17 PM

Yeah but....14 years old...?! The Marine Corps wasn't even a glint in my eye when I was that old....the Lieutenant is right....your mind will change a million times this year alone...much less in 4 years...!! Enjoy the kid life....because it doesn't come back around again....come back when you're 17 or 18 and beginning to make this decision with a little more seriousness.

ggyoung
12-21-08, 12:30 PM
I wanted to be a MARINE when my uncle came home from Kora in 1953 I was 10 years old. If we do not have hops and dreams for our future we are a lost cause.

Big Jim
12-21-08, 12:35 PM
I wanted to be a MARINE when my uncle came home from Kora in 1953 I was 10 years old. If we do not have hops and dreams for our future we are a lost cause.

I never said it was wrong to hope or think about it...but there is absolutely nothing that can be done about a 14 year old girl wanting to join the Marine Corps at this stage in her life. Besides...there are so many influences that could possibly change her mind. Its an idea right now...and thats all it is....so there's no real reason to think seriously on the subject. She has 4 years to make up her mind...!!!

ggyoung
12-21-08, 01:10 PM
I never said it was wrong to hope or think about it...but there is absolutely nothing that can be done about a 14 year old girl wanting to join the Marine Corps at this stage in her life. Besides...there are so many influences that could possibly change her mind. Its an idea right now...and thats all it is....so there's no real reason to think seriously on the subject. She has 4 years to make up her mind...!!!

You are right to a point. Let the girl dream and hope without a bunch of other people getting on her case.

Marine84
12-21-08, 08:17 PM
If we do not have hops and dreams for our future we are a lost cause.

Yeah...............beer and dreams. ;)

Big Jim
12-21-08, 10:32 PM
You are right to a point. Let the girl dream and hope without a bunch of other people getting on her case.

I realize you feel you have to defend this young lady but from what...I don't know...its just reality to let her do what she wants to do and have her check back 4 years from now if she is serious about joining our ranks or if this is just a passing phase. No one is getting on anyones case here...except maybe you getting on ours...

You go ahead and do what you feel you want to do and please...don't be telling us what we should do....thats all I have to say about that....

tripletgirl101
12-29-08, 03:17 PM
You are all right, 14 is very young but I can do nothing about my age and the reasons why I was asking was, my school wants to have on record what we want to be and I just trying to find out more info thank you very much.

Enigmatic
12-29-08, 03:23 PM
Your school expects kids at 14 to declare what it is they are going to do with their lives?? Or is it one of those "when I grow up, I wanna be a ....." type deals? I seriously doubt they'll put it "on record", like a contract or something.

tripletgirl101
12-29-08, 03:29 PM
Your school expects kids at 14 to declare what it is they are going to do with their lives?? Or is it one of those "when I grow up, I wanna be a ....." type deals? I seriously doubt they'll put it "on record", like a contract or something.

My school is completly nutty, they had us take several tests about what careres we want and then they had us take a test to see if the job we want will pay for the kind of lifestyle you want, then they said they will out it in our chart and see if kids at this age stick to want job they want in the future.... (not sure if that made sense)

Zulu 36
12-29-08, 03:36 PM
You are all right, 14 is very young but I can do nothing about my age and the reasons why I was asking was, my school wants to have on record what we want to be and I just trying to find out more info thank you very much.

It's OK to think Marine at 14. I knew I was going to be a Marine younger than that, and it came to pass. I was lucky, worked hard, and had the 100% support of my parents (father was a WWII Marine).

Go for it.

Zulu 36
12-29-08, 03:40 PM

Yeah, they will put it on the record. My oldest daughter was pestered about this same thing in 9th grade. She told them she wanted to be "a hooker." They shut up and left her alone about it. Of course she became nothing of the sort.

That's what happens when you got a Marine/police officer for a daddy and a Coastie for a momma.

Enigmatic
12-29-08, 03:43 PM
Yeah, they will put it on the record. My oldest daughter was pestered about this same thing in 9th grade. She told them she wanted to be "a hooker." They shut up and left her alone about it. Of course she became nothing of the sort.

That's what happens when you got a Marine/police officer for a daddy and a Coastie for a momma.

Ha, must be a southern thing. If they'd had asked us when I was in 9th grade, most of us woulda said "street pharmacist" "gang leader" or "rap star".

Zulu 36
12-29-08, 03:51 PM
Ha, must be a southern thing. If they'd had asked us when I was in 9th grade, most of us woulda said "street pharmacist" "gang leader" or "rap star".

Nope. We lived in the Detroit area then. She was keeping it polite.

tripletgirl101
12-29-08, 04:27 PM
It's OK to think Marine at 14. I knew I was going to be a Marine younger than that, and it came to pass. I was lucky, worked hard, and had the 100% support of my parents (father was a WWII Marine).

Go for it.

Yeah but my problem is I have no support from my family. I am an Air Force brat and we have many generations of Air Force on both sides of my family. So they won't let me do anything besides Air Force. The only people that support me are my dad and my 2 identical triplet sisters. (I am the other one)

They didn't really let us tell them what we wanted to be they just went by what the test said. Mine said military or police then they asked me what branch and I said Marine. So yeah...

Zulu 36
12-29-08, 05:15 PM
Yeah but my problem is I have no support from my family. I am an Air Force brat and we have many generations of Air Force on both sides of my family. So they won't let me do anything besides Air Force. The only people that support me are my dad and my 2 identical triplet sisters. (I am the other one)

They didn't really let us tell them what we wanted to be they just went by what the test said. Mine said military or police then they asked me what branch and I said Marine. So yeah...

Dad and two sisters, all the support you need. My oldest daughter is in the Air Force Reserves right now (not a hooker :D). She's in Germany at Ramstein as a medical admin tech. I am retired from the Michigan Air National Guard.

When you're old enough, do what you feel is best for your life. If your family supports you, all the better. Meanwhile, nothing wrong with planning ahead and doing a little realistic dreaming too.

My daughter chose the Air Force because she knows she is not a poop-in- the-woods kind of girl.

tripletgirl101
12-29-08, 07:11 PM
Dad and two sisters, all the support you need. My oldest daughter is in the Air Force Reserves right now (not a hooker :D). She's in Germany at Ramstein as a medical admin tech. I am retired from the Michigan Air National Guard.

When you're old enough, do what you feel is best for your life. If your family supports you, all the better. Meanwhile, nothing wrong with planning ahead and doing a little realistic dreaming too.

My daughter chose the Air Force because she knows she is not a poop-in- the-woods kind of girl.

True they are all I need besides God and if he wants me to do it then he is the only one I will ever need. Realistic dreaming... what I do most of! :D LOL and I am not the Air Force kinda girl because I do not perfer fancy hotels and hotels in general, my family always said that I was hardcore compared to everyone else (which would be very conservative) so yeah, I know the Air Force is not for me but my family (some) do not understand. Thank you so much. I know I have to live for me and not for other people but it is hard sometimes...

silverdollar
01-26-09, 10:53 AM
Yeah...............beer and dreams. ;)

Yeah,I thought one of you drunks would see that.:D

Petz
01-26-09, 12:45 PM
My sig, is like that because I am used to defeat, and you're right a lot can happen in 3-4 years, a lot already has, but for now I can dream and will because dreams are the only things that I can hold onto.

you may think you make a point, but it is more like the rounded edge of a butter knife.

you're used to defeat... which implies you do nothing but take it and be depressed.

you can't say that a ot already has, you are 14..... and dreams are fantasy... you need to set solid goals for yourself.. like getting off those meds with doctor approval... exercising can help beat off depression...

you want to be ready mentally, physically, and emotionally.... uh, that falls under mentally...

so set your goals... don't dream.

be positive... say you WILL be a Marine.... not Maybe someday.....

You WILL be ready for the challenges, both mentally (do good in school) and physically (exercise)....

do you understand the differences now?

tripletgirl101
01-26-09, 01:40 PM
you may think you make a point, but it is more like the rounded edge of a butter knife.

you're used to defeat... which implies you do nothing but take it and be depressed.

you can't say that a ot already has, you are 14..... and dreams are fantasy... you need to set solid goals for yourself.. like getting off those meds with doctor approval... exercising can help beat off depression...

you want to be ready mentally, physically, and emotionally.... uh, that falls under mentally...

so set your goals... don't dream.

be positive... say you WILL be a Marine.... not Maybe someday.....

You WILL be ready for the challenges, both mentally (do good in school) and physically (exercise)....

do you understand the differences now?

Thank you, I have never thought of it that way. I went to the doctor this morning and he is weining me off of my medicine. Thanks.