PDA

View Full Version : Tell All Marines

mcvet57103
12-19-08, 10:27 AM
Was out shopping yesterday, and was wearing my Cap with an embroidered EGA on it, and my Jacket with a bulldog, and USMC on the back. Ran into a Couple of old Marines who noticed me and said Semper Fi. While chatting I brought up this site. Neither had heard of it, and said they would check it out. So if you run into any old, or even current Marines ask them if they know this site. The more who gather here the better the chances of finding old lost friends. SEMPER FI, and Merry Christmas to all.

Wyoming
12-19-08, 10:54 AM
I agree. I've turned a few onto the site. Some register, some don't.

Big Jim
12-19-08, 10:57 AM
Was out shopping yesterday, and was wearing my Cap with an embroidered EGA on it, and my Jacket with a bulldog, and USMC on the back. Ran into a Couple of old Marines who noticed me and said Semper Fi. While chatting I brought up this site. Neither had heard of it, and said they would check it out. So if you run into any old, or even current Marines ask them if they know this site. The more who gather here the better the chances of finding old lost friends. SEMPER FI, and Merry Christmas to all.

I do that all the time...I have the tailgate of my Dodge ram truck all decorated with Marine Corps insignia...and I been stopped a few times by older Marines and talked about this site. You're right some sign up...some don't....but I get a kick how many older Marines are out here!! Alot of Viet Nam vets.....

Enigmatic
12-19-08, 12:07 PM
Been trying to get the wife on here. She says no cause she don't wanna end up like me....hooked on leatherneck.com!

mcvet57103
12-19-08, 12:21 PM
Wondering if the site could start an on-line store that sells Marine Ts and the like that have the URL printed on it. Something maybe with an EGA on the back with the words. "Leatherneck.com, Where the Marines regroup". Or hang out, or gather, or fall in, etc. etc. I'd buy one of those. The profits could go to a scholarship fund for children of fallen Marines.

Big Jim
12-19-08, 12:40 PM
Wondering if the site could start an on-line store that sells Marine Ts and the like that have the URL printed on it. Something maybe with an EGA on the back with the words. "Leatherneck.com, Where the Marines regroup". Or hang out, or gather, or fall in, etc. etc. I'd buy one of those. The profits could go to a scholarship fund for children of fallen Marines.

Now, thats a good idea....!!!! I'd buy more than one...at least 4 or 5....and its an excellent cause too.....

Zebra29er
12-19-08, 12:47 PM
every time I run into a former Marine or any Marine using the VA here or a mother of an active Marine I promote this site .