PDA

View Full Version : One "simple" question

Barry
06-09-03, 03:50 AM
Thought this would be the best place to put this.

How/what/who/when...I get to PI, I feel that i will stad out ALOT, due to my prior conviction..err service. any way to avoid this? hints??? suggestions??? any help???

CPLRapoza
06-09-03, 04:37 AM
The DI's are probally going to look at you to step up and take charge. We had a prior Army in our platoon and thats what they did. You have more experience in military and a good out look on it....

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-09-03, 02:36 PM
In my platoon we had a prior Army guy and a prior Navy guy. The Navy guy was named guide, and ended up being the company honor man, with a free promotion. You will stand out, there is nothing you can do about that. So, just be as prepared as you can be and prepare yourself to face the challanges that you will face. You have more leadership abilities and experience than the other recruits, this will be used. You will also be expected to be a stand out in thigs such as drill, history, and PT. Just prepare the way the gents on this board have shown you, and you will do quite well.

thedrifter
06-09-03, 06:24 PM
I had one year Active Reserve before I went to Boot Camp.......If helpped but also got me in trouble..........As the DI said: You know too much........LOL.........The discipline helpped.......No matter what.......Just do your best.........

The Drifter

top1371
06-09-03, 09:55 PM
No problems. I had two years in the National Guard and my plt guide had four years in the Air Force! They didnt hold that against him, thats why they made him the guide. He also was an honor grad!

Anyhow, the dicipline is a plus. Keep you head on straight and all will go well.

I think being prior service was cheating :) I knew what to expect... well, kinda...

Semper Fi,

Sparrowhawk
06-09-03, 11:48 PM
Don't tie your shoe laces, don't button up all your buttons, slant your cover over to one side, and dont tuck in your shirt and you'll be fine.

If you were in the Army and they ask you, say yes, you were but you got lonely over there since it was only an Army of one.

If you were in the Air Force, they will know when you ask when the maid service arrives to make up your bed.

If you were in the Navy, tell them it didnt count because you were stationed at Lake Tahoe. LOL

Barry
06-10-03, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
If you were in the Army and they ask you, say yes, you were but you got lonely over there since it was only an Army of one.

I might actually say that. Wonder how much "team building" I would get for it..hmmm :banana:

Joined the Army to 'be all I could be' and found out that I was the only one. :no:

Thanks for the advice. I go do heavy talking (preMEPS) tomorrow.

Catz1611
06-10-03, 05:53 AM
If you were in the Army and they ask you, say yes, you were but you got lonely over there since it was only an Army of one. That was FUNNY!:D

Good luck Barry!

For those who were prior service before the Corps..just HOW much different was Boot Camp than the basic you did for the other service? Just curious..

Barry
06-11-03, 01:40 AM
I'll let you know......