PDA

View Full Version : Pre and Post Deployment

JK47
12-17-08, 10:08 AM
Hello all,

Looking to join the Marines as a combat engineer reservist.

Deployments are 7 months long, but that doesn't include pre and post deployment correct?

Anyone know how long those will last? I've been told around 2 months for pre and 2 more months for post, so 11 months overall, is that true?

Thanks in advance!

Sgt Leprechaun
12-18-08, 11:57 PM
That would be close to being right from what I understand. However, at this point, you should concentrate more on becoming a Marine and less on the deployment aspect of this.

Accord
12-21-08, 03:59 PM
Hello all,

Looking to join the Marines as a combat engineer reservist.

Deployments are 7 months long, but that doesn't include pre and post deployment correct?

Anyone know how long those will last? I've been told around 2 months for pre and 2 more months for post, so 11 months overall, is that true?

Thanks in advance!That's why I would never want to go to combat with reservists. 2 months for a predeployment training workup are you kidding me? We trained for 7 straight months for my Afghan deployment.

In my battalion headquarters there is a huge sign that says let no 2nd MARDIV ghost say he died because he leaders failed to train him. You can't train for a deployment in 2 months and whatever you do on weekends once a month doesn't count.

Hopefully the information you've gotten was incorrect and reservists are activated a lot longer than 2 months before they deploy...

Zulu 36
12-21-08, 05:34 PM
That's why I would never want to go to combat with reservists. 2 months for a predeployment training workup are you kidding me? We trained for 7 straight months for my Afghan deployment.

In my battalion headquarters there is a huge sign that says let no 2nd MARDIV ghost say he died because he leaders failed to train him. You can't train for a deployment in 2 months and whatever you do on weekends once a month doesn't count.

Hopefully the information you've gotten was incorrect and reservists are activated a lot longer than 2 months before they deploy...

The last I heard, USMCR battalions were activated for at least 12-13 months, with about five months of workups.