PDA

View Full Version : BRRRRRRRRRR-Record Low Temps in Montana

Gunner 0313
12-15-08, 06:07 PM
Cold weather sets records in several cities

Tribune staff • December 14, 2008
White Sulphur Springs reported 29 degrees below zero to the National Weather Service today, stretching way beyond the last daily record low of 17 degrees below zero set in 1922.
“We’re waiting for a lot of reports to come in still,” said Scott Coulston, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Great Falls.

Other towns breaking records on Sunday were Lewistown with -25 degrees this morning (24 below was the previous record) and Dillon with 16 degrees below zero (the last record low was 15 below).

Fort Benton and Boulder tied previous record lows of 23 and 20 degrees below, respectively, and Havre and Great Falls are both on their way to shattering previous records as well.

Read Monday’s Tribune for a more comprehensive weather report.

SlingerDun
12-15-08, 06:42 PM
So cold that matches don't work right and thighs stick to saddle leather, huh what? yeah it's to cold to yard the weener out for a pee and you'll never get the zipper up again. Hate that!

Marine1955
12-15-08, 08:34 PM
i would say thats colder than a witches tit in a brss bra wouldn't you. that is freaken cold man. put on the wool jock strap tonight
Cold weather sets records in several cities

Tribune staff • December 14, 2008
White Sulphur Springs reported 29 degrees below zero to the National Weather Service today, stretching way beyond the last daily record low of 17 degrees below zero set in 1922.
“We’re waiting for a lot of reports to come in still,” said Scott Coulston, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Great Falls.

Other towns breaking records on Sunday were Lewistown with -25 degrees this morning (24 below was the previous record) and Dillon with 16 degrees below zero (the last record low was 15 below).

Fort Benton and Boulder tied previous record lows of 23 and 20 degrees below, respectively, and Havre and Great Falls are both on their way to shattering previous records as well.

Read Monday’s Tribune for a more comprehensive weather report.

SGT7477
12-15-08, 09:05 PM
We are still colder in N.D.

ecfree
12-15-08, 09:11 PM
We are still colder in N.D.

Hey Ron,I read in the paper this morning that they closed down a few interstates in N.D.
Is that right ?

montana
12-15-08, 09:20 PM
Sgt7477...you can keep them braging rights to...dont bother me a darn bit...think we are on the way to breaking or at least tieing a record tonight

slinger...how cold would it have to be for all the horses to have their toungs stuck to the feeder....and how warm to get um off?? inquiering minde

ecfree
12-15-08, 09:36 PM
Y'all are braggin about the record low temps.
We had a high temp.of 74 today,and they say it'll be warmer tomorrow.
Crazy weather,freezing temps in November and now spring temps...:confused:

SGT7477
12-15-08, 09:36 PM
Hey Ron,I read in the paper this morning that they closed down a few interstates in N.D.
Is that right ?

Yes they did my friend.:flag:

SGT7477
12-15-08, 09:38 PM
Sgt7477...you can keep them braging rights to...dont bother me a darn bit...think we are on the way to breaking or at least tieing a record tonight

slinger...how cold would it have to be for all the horses to have their toungs stuck to the feeder....and how warm to get um off?? inquiering minde

Don't need to brag brother,lol.:flag:

montana
12-15-08, 09:58 PM
ecfree...enough ok.....me nuts is turnin blue and me jimbob shrunk up so small me has ta just stand here and pee meself.....last thing i wanna hear i have 74 temp today

my gosh man have a little compassion....

other then that...how are you....hope no sunburn

be safe

SlingerDun
12-15-08, 10:26 PM
ha just had a visual of the nags lined up with with their tongues pinned to a frozen pipe... then i seen em tear away from being snubbed to short, No sucking on shoeing nails in that weather http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

Been drinkin steady since Walla Walla:beer: when the Ford had enough and mothered up sideways to a coulee about 30 miles west of Lincoln, MT. late one snowy evening -20 something. Quite miserable humping towards town in Tony Lama Buckaroos hoping for an errant traveler

Heard a theory that when the animals stay aparatus is functional and hoss appears to be sleeping upright then suddenly stomps like it stings or it's mashin a heeler whelp... this action may open the arterial shunts that keep the digit from falling asleep or freezing. kinda like a manual over-ride of the automobile thermostat.

I seen foundered animals stomp habitualy even when it's not cold and no flies so maybe it's got merit, perhaps a pill would help:nerd:

Them Tonys' never did feel quite right

--->Dave

mcvet57103
12-16-08, 07:24 AM
Y'all are braggin about the record low temps.
We had a high temp.of 74 today,and they say it'll be warmer tomorrow.
Crazy weather,freezing temps in November and now spring temps...:confused:Hey ec with all due respect BITE ME! I'm sending all this cold your way brother. :banana: Snowed in Vegas! So much for global warming.

ecfree
12-16-08, 08:57 AM
Hey ec with all due respect BITE ME! I'm sending all this cold your way brother. :banana: Snowed in Vegas! So much for global warming.

OK Bob,we'll take some cold and some snow on Christmas Eve only....
Hope I got my order in on time.....:D

mcvet57103
12-16-08, 09:56 AM
OK Bob,we'll take some cold and some snow on Christmas Eve only....
Hope I got my order in on time.....:DIt's on the Polar Express and should get there by Friday. Mailed it myself. :D

FistFu68
12-16-08, 11:48 AM
:evilgrin: COLD IS GOOD KILLS THE SKEETERS THAT CARRY THE WEST NILE VIRUS THAT LAY DORMIT IN THE GROUND.PLUS IT'S GREAT SNOWMOBILE @ ICE FISHING.THEN 2 WARM UP I GO 2 CHICAGO @ HIT THE IRISH PUBS,AIN'T NOTHING FINER THAT A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN WEARING A MINK COAT,AIN'T TALKING 'BOUT THE ONE BETWEEN THEIR LEGS EITHER.WINTER WONDERLAND,PLUS HOT WEATHER SUCH AS FLORIDA MAKES MY JUNGLE ROTT COME BACK.THAT'S A FACT 4ME ANYWHO.PLUS NORTHERN CITY GIRL'S JUST SEEM 2 FIND OUT EARLY HOW 2 OPEN UP A DOOR W/JUST A SMILE :) :iwo:

SGT7477
12-16-08, 12:09 PM
That's a good one fist,lol.