PDA

View Full Version : NROTC Marine Option

Mike18
12-15-08, 08:30 AM
Good morning Marines. As stated before, I am currently on meds for OCD, but I was wondering if they (the NROTC Command Structure), would let me in the program as I get weaned off of them, so that by the time I go to OCS in the summer of 2012 (Lord willing) I will be completely off of them. I am physically ok, (no asthma and such), have a 3.5 GPA, and have never gotten into legal trouble, so other than the OCD problem I should be able to go to either Penn State or Old Dominon University in the fall. I am accepted at ODU, and would love to go there next year, but only if I can participate in NROTC. I know that these forums are mainly for guys shipping to Parris Island or San Diego, but I would like to know my options as an Officer. Thanks for your service, and have a great day.

Marine84
12-15-08, 09:12 AM
Obviously your meds aren't working for you too well cause you're back in here asking something that we have NO IDEA about! How in the hell should WE know if the ROTC program at your local school will accept you!?!?!?!?!?!?!

SGT7477
12-15-08, 09:22 AM
Oh shoot it never ends,lmfao.

Enigmatic
12-15-08, 10:23 AM
Good morning Marines. As stated before, I am currently on meds for OCD, but I was wondering if they (the NROTC Command Structure), would let me in the program as I get weaned off of them, so that by the time I go to OCS in the summer of 2012 (Lord willing) I will be completely off of them. I am physically ok, (no asthma and such), have a 3.5 GPA, and have never gotten into legal trouble, so other than the OCD problem I should be able to go to either Penn State or Old Dominon University in the fall. I am accepted at ODU, and would love to go there next year, but only if I can participate in NROTC. I know that these forums are mainly for guys shipping to Parris Island or San Diego, but I would like to know my options as an Officer. Thanks for your service, and have a great day.

I got the name of someone in the admissions office at ODU. I was gonna go there myself when I was stationed there. She could probably direct you to someone in the ROTC program there. I could give you her info...or you could look it up yourself! go monarchs...yut yut

rvillac2
12-15-08, 10:24 AM
Unless things have changed, you're gonna have a problem there with the Meds. NROTC Midshipmen are actually entered into the Naval Reserve and have to pass the MEPS physical.
Screw the "weening" and get off them now. Suck it up.

Wyoming
12-15-08, 10:48 AM
Obviously your meds aren't working for you too well cause you're back in here asking something that we have NO IDEA about! How in the hell should WE know if the ROTC program at your local school will accept you!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I don't either. I checked and all 8 of his posts said nothing about this sheeit.

Mike18
12-15-08, 11:03 AM
Thanks for your replies Marines. I am going to go to meet up with some guys at PSU soon. Thanks for the info.

silverdollar
12-16-08, 09:12 AM

:D:D:D

mgkusmc
12-18-08, 11:08 PM
OCD.....Officer Candidate Disorder scared he'll have to pound it with the enlisted ;)