PDA

View Full Version : Bush and the shoes

nptwildcat
12-14-08, 05:33 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/bush

Nice job secret service........:sick:

Gunner 0313
12-14-08, 05:57 PM
:flag: They should have zapped the guy !!!

hrscowboy
12-14-08, 06:25 PM
If i had been there his arse would have been tazered ....

Big Jim
12-14-08, 06:53 PM
I'd have applied DEADLY FORCE and killed him right there. Hell, no loss anyway. You know dam well the Iraqi Ambassador wouldn't have pressed the issue. Neither would have the President!!!

SGT7477
12-14-08, 07:00 PM
He should have been whipped to no end.

Marine84
12-14-08, 07:06 PM
Ole George dodged 'em pretty good though, didn't he?

yellowwing
12-14-08, 07:25 PM
Very unsat! When he is abroad, he is The United States.

Pete0331
12-14-08, 07:56 PM
How do you say "Don't taze me bro!" in Iraqi Arabic? :marine:

Apparently he waved off the SS to not create a bigger scene.

PaidinBlood
12-14-08, 09:42 PM
How do you say "Don't taze me bro!" in Iraqi Arabic? :marine:

Good one.. :D

How about hitting the flag? Seems like he's got some lumps comin' for that one. This Muntather Al-Zaidi clown is already being praised as a hero; they are asking "Journalists without borders" (is that a real group?) to secure his release before he gets executed (read: martyred)...

Gunner 0313
12-14-08, 10:11 PM
:flag: Just saw it again on Fox. I don't see how people take this lightly. Bush represents the United States of America. That little BEATCH should have had a patriot microchip implanted between his eyes !!! F*CK DAT !!! UNFRIGGIN SAT !!! The U.S. punked out by some friggin camel jockey journalist. BULLSH*T !!!

Wyoming
12-14-08, 10:26 PM
Very unsat! When he is abroad, he is The United States.

Totally Agree!!!

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-14-08, 10:30 PM
The SOB should be in a hood headed for Gitmo as we speak.

thewookie
12-14-08, 10:36 PM
I have to admit, I thought this was kinda funny: obviously, the Secret Service did their job or the guy would have had a gun.

How do you prepare/ or defend that?

Bush ducked a bit, but his overall reaction was shocked to say the least.

I mean who has the balls to take off their shoes and then huck them at the President, some crazy Iraqi.

Not one shoe, two shoes.

I wonder if the Secret Service will screen for slip on shoes from this point forward?:sick:

PaidinBlood
12-14-08, 10:47 PM
I have to admit, I thought this was kinda funny: obviously, the Secret Service did their job or the guy would have had a gun.

How do you prepare/ or defend that?

Bush ducked a bit, but his overall reaction was shocked to say the least.

I mean who has the balls to take off their shoes and then huck them at the President, some crazy Iraqi.

Not one shoe, two shoes.

I wonder if the Secret Service will screen for slip on shoes from this point forward?:sick:

It comes a lot easier to that crowd. They really do lose their shoes as fast flipping the middle finger....

davblay
12-14-08, 10:57 PM
According to the news reports during the fall of Baghdad, when they pulled Saddams statue down, a kid was slapping the face of the statue. The reporter stated that hiting someone with your shoe was the worse insult the Iraqis had for anyone! Hummm, gotta hand it to old "W" , he didn't let one of those shoes hit him in the face, huh?

I will say our CIC had a good sense of humor about it though! I wonder what happened to the reporter that threw them after the conference!?

Way to go Secret service, they just learned what to watch for in a room full of sandles!

I thought it direspectful.....but funny as hell!

Dave

Wyoming
12-14-08, 11:06 PM
I would also like to hear the Secret Service report.

Did they fall down on the job?

PaidinBlood
12-14-08, 11:17 PM
According to the news reports during the fall of Baghdad, when they pulled Saddams statue down, a kid was slapping the face of the statue. The reporter stated that hiting someone with your shoe was the worse insult the Iraqis had for anyone! Hummm, gotta hand it to old "W" , he didn't let one of those shoes hit him in the face, huh?

I will say our CIC had a good sense of humor about it though! I wonder what happened to the reporter that threw them after the conference!?

Way to go Secret service, they just learned what to watch for in a room full of sandles!

I thought it direspectful.....but funny as hell!

Dave

Hell yeah-half that mob was slappin that bastard's statue.
http://s.wsj.net/media/dearborn1_art_400_20080523123003.jpg

yeah this is a different scene, i know

SlingerDun
12-14-08, 11:47 PM
Dodge'in shoes hehehe just another day out west:marine:

yellowwing
12-15-08, 12:23 AM
Dodge'in shoes hehehe just another day out west:marine:

I hear they call that Swagger! :D

rheinmark187
12-15-08, 03:44 AM
The guy was in Lebanon ( wouldn't they want to worry about hezbollah connections?) for a time before he got the job A MONTH AGO. I'm surprised there isn't more vetting of who is allowed press credentials for these events. Who would have stopped him if there was something added to the shoe, and I'm not talking about explosives. Anything that would have damaged the presidents health would have been considered a success by a terrorist organization.

rheinmark187
12-15-08, 03:46 AM
I would also like to hear the Secret Service report.

Did they fall down on the job?

I know Dana Perino was hit in the face with a microphone during the scuffle. Apparently the guy started struggling like crazy once they got him out of the room.

I really wonder about all security too, seeing as there HAVE been murders in the Green Zone before.

CH53MetalMan
12-15-08, 03:56 AM
The metaphor here is - - 'if the shoe fits, wear it.'

Twitchell
12-15-08, 04:05 AM
Good thing he didnt have a gun, he would have been able to get five shots off before Secret Service got there.

awbrown1462
12-15-08, 06:31 AM
I like what Bush said " it must be a size 10"

mcvet57103
12-15-08, 07:22 AM
I just hope some dumbazz does the same thing to the Iraqi Prez when he comes to the states. Now that would be justice. But of course the ragheads would vilify America as being anti-iraqi. To many double standards in the world.

Wyoming
12-15-08, 08:30 AM
WTF, the media is glossing over this.

The President of the United States of America IS the United States of America while overseas.

And our Flag, getting hit by some azsholes shoe.

I still question the SS, where the **** were you?

I agree that if this were done here in the States to the azshole raghead 'president', there would be rioting in the streets and all sorts of **** taking place against things, not only in irag but all over the muslim world.

Make light of it if you wish. but this pizzes me the **** off!!

PaidinBlood
12-15-08, 08:32 AM
I think it just comes with the territory when you are the Great Satan...?

2ndCEBSupply
12-15-08, 08:52 AM
:flag: Just saw it again on Fox. I don't see how people take this lightly. Bush represents the United States of America!

The arbaic people dont hate America they just hate Bush.

Thnink about if it went a few inches to the left POW!!!!!

mcvet57103
12-15-08, 09:13 AM
The arbaic people dont hate America they just hate Bush.

Thnink about if it went a few inches to the left POW!!!!!What have you been smokin? We're infidels, they hate America, and would kill us all if they had the chance. And the great saviour when he takes office in Jan will not be able to change that anymore than Bush could. That is unless he bans all religion but Islam. Hmmmmmmmm:confused: Maybe that's the answer, lets all convert today!!;)

thewookie
12-15-08, 09:21 AM
The interview with Bush after the fact tells a lot about the man. He wasn't all worked up, but more amused, sympathetic and understanding of the severity of it. (But, I still think he was a little shocked that the guy actually did it)

I think the media made more of this then anyone else. I'm not saying it shouldn't have got some play, or that it isn't important. But, it's not like the guy busted out a US flag and burned it, and then chucked his shoes at the man.

For the Monday QB's banging on the SS, from the time he chucked his boats until he was down happened in less then ten seconds. That appeared to me to be a big room. They can't be positioned every five square feet of another.

What should be more of a concern is that there wasn't an agent ready to jump in front of the second shoe. ;)

The football player in me: I would have liked to see an agent bust in front of the second shoe like a good DB breaks on the ball; catch the shoe; then break up the middle of the pack of those reporters and give the thrower of the shoe a solid stiff-arm to the chin/upper chest area. Then the other agents can pummel him.

Now, if it turns out that this guy has terrorist connections or was not properly vetted, then that's another story. :mad:

2ndCEBSupply
12-15-08, 09:30 AM
What have you been smokin? We're infidels, they hate America, and would kill us all if they had the chance. And the great saviour when he takes office in Jan will not be able to change that anymore than Bush could. That is unless he bans all religion but Islam. Hmmmmmmmm:confused: Maybe that's the answer, lets all convert today!!;)

Im hip to the Arbian culture they just hate Bush.

mcvet57103
12-15-08, 09:37 AM
The interview with Bush after the fact tells a lot about the man. He wasn't all worked up, but more amused, sympathetic and understanding of the severity of it. (But, I still think he was a little shocked that the guy actually did it)

I think the media made more of this then anyone else. I'm not saying it shouldn't have got some play, or that it isn't important. But, it's not like the guy busted out a US flag and burned it, and then chucked his shoes at the man.

For the Monday QB's banging on the SS, from the time he chucked his boats until he was down happened in less then ten seconds. That appeared to me to be a big room. They can't be positioned every five square feet of another.

What should be more of a concern is that there wasn't an agent ready to jump in front of the second shoe. ;)

The football player in me: I would have liked to see an agent bust in front of the second shoe like a good DB breaks on the ball; catch the shoe; then break up the middle of the pack of those reporters and give the thrower of the shoe a solid stiff-arm to the chin/upper chest area. Then the other agents can pummel him.

Now, if it turns out that this guy has terrorist connections or was not properly vetted, then that's another story. :mad:How does the SS screen for shoe throwers? I would expect journalists to at least be respectful. The paper he works for needs to fire his azz, and he should be banned from ever working in that field again. He lost all credibility in the news media, by disrepecting the office.

thewookie
12-15-08, 09:46 AM
How does the SS screen for shoe throwers? I would expect journalists to at least be respectful. The paper he works for needs to fire his azz, and he should be banned from ever working in that field again. He lost all credibility in the news media, by disrepecting the office.

Oh you can't screen for that, I'm sure they might think about it now, but when is the next time Bush is going to be in Iraq?

When their boy Osama,,, sorry I mean Obama, goes there, they will roll out the red carpet.

That guy got his airplay: fits the goal of a terrorist. I'm sure he wasn't worried about his career; although, I bet Al Jazeera will hire him and/ or he'll become some focked up martyr to some other focked up ragheads.

FistFu68
12-15-08, 09:56 AM
:evilgrin: THEY JUST CUT THE BASTARDS BIGG HAIRY FEET OFF AND SENT THEM 2 WOOKIE 4 HIS COLLECTION.MERRY CHRISTMAS MARINE :) :iwo:

rheinmark187
12-15-08, 11:15 AM
I'm more worried that this is just a taste of what's to come for U.S. troops as they hand off power to the Iraqis. Most of the world functions under a different system, where STRENGTH is what's respected--"might makes right." I'm worried that with the drawdown the Iraqis, including some individual soldiers, will attack U.S. troops who are in an advisory capacity. The U.S. commanders may feel compelled not to bring the same force to bear to teach the Iraqis a lesson. There could be popular intifada to "throw the infidels out" (even if we are showing ourselves the door) in a way that's become customary. The Arabs constantly complain about their lost dignity, and to some of them, the only way to get their dignity back is to make us leave the way we left Saigon.

Pretty stark stuff, but I see signs of that popping up.

yellowwing
12-15-08, 11:29 AM
I'm more worried that this is just a taste of what's to come for U.S. troops as they hand off power to the Iraqis. Most of the world functions under a different system, where STRENGTH is what's respected--"might makes right." I'm worried that with the drawdown the Iraqis, including some individual soldiers, will attack U.S. troops who are in an advisory capacity. The U.S. commanders may feel compelled not to bring the same force to bear to teach the Iraqis a lesson. There could be popular intifada to "throw the infidels out" (even if we are showing ourselves the door) in a way that's become customary. The Arabs constantly complain about their lost dignity, and to some of them, the only way to get their dignity back is to make us leave the way we left Saigon.

Pretty stark stuff, but I see signs of that popping up.
When Britannia was mired down in an Iraqi uprising, Winston Churchill authorized chemical attacks (http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/2WWiraq.htm) to show the insurgents who was boss. End result, no more uprising! Back then it didn't take 5,000 English KIAs, just 5,000 tons of NBC.

rheinmark187
12-15-08, 11:40 AM
When Britannia was mired down in an Iraqi uprising, Winston Churchill authorized chemical attacks (http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/2WWiraq.htm) to show the insurgents who was boss. End result, no more uprising! Back then it didn't take 5,000 English KIAs, just 5,000 tons of NBC.

Hmmmm. I can't really comment on that!

It's just going to get very difficult, and I think we've been fortunate enough that the type of incidents I described in my previous have been isolated. But as these folks start to get more independant, I fear we'll have some ugly incidents that'll make the papers. Especially when you have ongoing MTT ops and OGA's conducting their necessary business in the country.

It'll be a juggling act for sure.
:(

CH53MetalMan
12-15-08, 11:46 AM
Vice President Dick Cheney's prediction that we'll be "treated as liberators" has finally come to fruition. Afterall, if the Iraqi people had not been liberated, behavior like this would not be tolerated. The journalist would have either been severly tortured, killed or spent a long, long time in jail under Saddam's regime.

That journalist has more balls than any of us. And by 'us' I mean civilians, not active military. Civilians in this country should be throwing their shoes at politicans whenever the opportunity presents itself. How else can we let them know how disappointed we are? We're not accomplishing anything by participating in the revolving election cycles. Old crook out, new crook in.

rheinmark187
12-15-08, 11:53 AM
Vice President Dick Cheney's prediction that we'll be "treated as liberators" has finally come to fruition. Afterall, if the Iraqi people had not been liberated, behavior like this would not be tolerated. The journalist would have either been severly tortured, killed or spent a long, long time in jail under Saddam's regime.

That journalist has more balls than any of us. And by 'us' I mean civilians, not active military. Civilians in this country should be throwing their shoes at politicans whenever the opportunity presents itself. How else can we let them know how disappointed we are? We're not accomplishing anything by participating in the revolving election cycles. Old crook out, new crook in.

I just read that this guy has had run ins with coalition forces at least 2 times previous. For his own sake, he better let it go.

I'm looking at the video though, and I think Bush missed an op. to speak to the world, seeing that everyone is going to see it. It's just Bush shrugging it off as usual, which is good in a lot of ways. But he would have shocked everyone, especially his detractors if he said "I don't know if that young man has lost family or loved ones during these last 5 years, but I want the people to know that I did this to preserve the security of the American people, and to help the Iraqi people rid themselves of a dictator that was putting the safety and prosperity of the whole region at risk."

Something, anything to show more of his human side. I think he missed a good chance, but meh. At least he wasn't hurt.:confused:

rheinmark187
12-15-08, 11:56 AM

I didn't notice that last part. You know, it would be really funny, and I'm sure that it would take off if this wasn't such a legalistic society, where throwing a shoe would get you sued and blacklisted.

I bet we'll see youtube "remixes" and parodies of it soon. Maybe folks will shoe-slap some Blagojevich and Obama cutouts? Bush and Cheney for sure.:D

yellowwing
12-15-08, 12:04 PM

That's what worries me. In Iran the Grand Ayatollahs pretty much appoint the President and through creative election returns the People parrot their choice.

So these Ayatollah Power Brokers are sitting in careers that span Generations. An 8 year US President is just a brief chapter in thier deliberations and actions.

thewookie
12-15-08, 12:38 PM

I agree, well said.

rheinmark187
12-15-08, 12:52 PM
That's what worries me. In Iran the Grand Ayatollahs pretty much appoint the President and through creative election returns the People parrot their choice.

So these Ayatollah Power Brokers are sitting in careers that span Generations. An 8 year US President is just a brief chapter in thier deliberations and actions.

Yeah it pretty much hamstrings the U.S. in how planning strategy. Seeing the way National Security planners work though, I guess we've adopted that system as well. We've pretty much HAD to, just like everyone else. I mean notice how Obama suddenly seems a lot like Bush when it comes to National Security? I guess they took him aside in March and said "THIS IS WHAT'S REALLY GOING ON" and this is how WE are going to handle things.

mcvet57103
12-15-08, 02:06 PM
Yeah it pretty much hamstrings the U.S. in how planning strategy. Seeing the way National Security planners work though, I guess we've adopted that system as well. We've pretty much HAD to, just like everyone else. I mean notice how Obama suddenly seems a lot like Bush when it comes to National Security? I guess they took him aside in March and said "THIS IS WHAT'S REALLY GOING ON" and this is how WE are going to handle things.I think that's exactly what happened. When the annointed one saw what's really happening around the world, he realized the current admin is doing all they can, with what they have, at this time. As soon as he got access to inteligence briefings, he suddenly changed direction 180 degrees.

jetdoc
12-15-08, 02:41 PM

Thats what I was going to say, new found freedom for the Iraqi people, and he was expressing his new found freedom I'd say. Throwing a shoe at bush was extreme however.

Wyoming
12-15-08, 02:46 PM
Thats what I was going to say, new found freedom for the Iraqi people, and he was expressing his new found freedom I'd say. Throwing a shoe at bush was extreme however.

Dagnabbit, now you gone and done it.

Something we both agree on.

What is this World coming too?:D

I'd still like to see the SS response to all of this!!

jetdoc
12-15-08, 03:21 PM
Dagnabbit, now you gone and done it.

Something we both agree on.

What is this World coming too?:D

I'd still like to see the SS response to all of this!!

Hahah, just goes to show you Al :beer:

I still can't understand how he got TWO shoes off at Bush, and it looked like he was wearing them, so he had to remove them one at a time.

Twitchell
12-15-08, 03:50 PM
No shirt, no shoes, no Secret Service, hahaha, just kiddin.:banana:

I still can't believe how much time they gave that guy to do that. One thing is for sure, the Secret Service is on edge now.
I'm just glad the guy did'nt have a gun, that would have been the biggest success for the insurgents to date. Possibly could have changed the whole course of the war.

Wyoming
12-15-08, 03:55 PM
Hahah, just goes to show you Al :beer:

I still can't understand how he got TWO shoes off at Bush, and it looked like he was wearing them, so he had to remove them one at a time.

Someone was asleep at the wheel, BIG TIME.

Wyoming
12-15-08, 04:03 PM
No shirt, no shoes, no Secret Service, hahaha, just kiddin.:banana:

I still can't believe how much time they gave that guy to do that. One thing is for sure, the Secret Service is on edge now.
I'm just glad the guy did'nt have a gun, that would have been the biggest success for the insurgents to date. Possibly could have changed the whole course of the war.

Course of the WAR!!

I would suggest it would change the course of A LOT OF SHEEIT!!!

I personally WOULD NOT want to be the raghead running the 7-11 or Motel 6 when the news came on the air, and got caught laughing and cheering, by a bunch of Bubba's or Marines!!

Twitchell
12-15-08, 04:11 PM
Course of the WAR!!

I would suggest it would change the course of A LOT OF SHEEIT!!!

I personally WOULD NOT want to be the raghead running the 7-11 or Motel 6 when the news came on the air, and got caught laughing and cheering, by a bunch of Bubba's or Marines!! <!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________

I hear ya Big Al!

JohnEaceHunt
12-15-08, 07:49 PM
I agree with all the posts. Have a feeling he's hurting tonight.

oifvet23
12-15-08, 08:49 PM
I know Im about to stir the bee's nest so Im applying the flak jacket and kevlar, I agree with everything everybody is saying.Ill be honest you dont throw a shoe at my president but there has been many times i would have liked to throw something at him. Isnt it what makes us better than everybody else is that fact that he wont be tagged and bagged.

JohnEaceHunt
12-15-08, 09:22 PM
Bush is not the Bad Man here. I'd like to kick all the Democrats ase for making the public think he's the Bad Man. Dumb ase Demo-- congress.

Wyoming
12-15-08, 10:05 PM
I know Im about to stir the bee's nest so Im applying the flak jacket and kevlar, I agree with everything everybody is saying.Ill be honest you dont throw a shoe at my president but there has been many times i would have liked to throw something at him. Isnt it what makes us better than everybody else is that fact that he wont be tagged and bagged.

That is your opinion and I respect it, but, some Irag, well, sheeit, this all just piszes me off, BIG TIME.

pi 53
12-16-08, 12:58 AM
That incident really pi###S me off, but consider the source. I think they deserve their backward society and don't deserve freedom!

rheinmark187
12-17-08, 04:25 PM
They need to get this guy on camera and out of jail before this turns into a rallying cry across the country. These folks are looking for a reason to have an ugly incident with U.S. troops (like in one of the areas where things have been peaceful over the last year and a half) and that could touch off a brushfire. The longer he stays in jail the bigger his image is.