PDA

View Full Version : Marines and Attitude

MP4LIFE
06-06-03, 03:14 PM
Can you believe I was banned from a so called "ALL Marine" message board because I voiced my opinion and the moderator, which he says is a Marine, banned me and revoked my privileges. I wasn't even addressing my voice to the moderator, another Marine and I started to exchange pleasantries like only knuckleheads can do and I got banned! Thats just my 2 cents never thought I'd see the day when Marines turn on Marines. LATA

Eric

MP4LIFE
06-06-03, 03:16 PM
Also the message board I mention has Leatherneck.com listed on their web site.

MP4LIFE
06-06-03, 04:03 PM
I hear what your saying. Just wanting to voice and rant, as Marines we all need to sitck otgether regardless the issues. LATA

Eric

virwar
06-06-03, 08:15 PM
ATTITUDE!?! WHAT ATTITUDE?!? I AIN'T GOT A FRIGGIN ATTITUDE!!! Hehehehe... Voice and Rant away at the E-Club and maybe we'll get lucky and there'll be Nice Big BRAWL. OOH-RAH!!! Semper Fi Brother, Dave

Phil
06-06-03, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by virwar
ATTITUDE!?! WHAT ATTITUDE?!? I AIN'T GOT A FRIGGIN ATTITUDE!!! Hehehehe... Voice and Rant away at the E-Club and maybe we'll get lucky and there'll be Nice Big BRAWL. OOH-RAH!!! Semper Fi Brother, Dave

Those Nice Big Brawls are why I was just a L/Cpl when I finished my active duty.:D Oh well, gettin' some is gettin' some! *Finishes his Budweiser and punches the guy nearest him*:evilgrin:

Devildogg4ever
06-07-03, 03:51 AM
All of the above and welcome to this board! I have noticed some of these message boards have little clicks (groups) that only pay a few any mind. They only notice anything you contribute if they think it is wrong. Once again, welcome & Semper Fi!! :cool:

Barndog
06-07-03, 05:11 AM
Yeah and if ya really want to fire up, check out Chesty's Hooch in the Forum's link.

That's where you can really express yourself as a Marine.

Semper Fidelis - To the Corps

Barndog

arzach
06-08-03, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Devildogg4ever
All of the above and welcome to this board! I have noticed some of these message boards have little clicks (groups) that only pay a few any mind. They only notice anything you contribute if they think it is wrong. Once again, welcome & Semper Fi!! :cool:

Got that right DD4ever...Sgt. Grits is one big azzed click for one...guess ya gotta be a 'winger' or a boot-kisser over there. Lot different here and most other boards..

Welcome aboard MP4Life and Semper Fidelis

Gee, I hope this post don't start a fire-fight!...:evilgrin:

Sgt Sostand
06-08-03, 11:36 AM
Marines should be alowed to voiced their opinion that was Chicken Sh*t to ban you. he must have been a Cook or something he couldnt stand the heat so he kick you out of the Kitchen
hehehehe Leatherneck.com is my home and i am not leaveing unless they shut it down :marine:

CAS3
06-08-03, 01:06 PM
Or unless you have a friend make a really funny pic out of ADMIN and he bans your posting priveledges!!
Yeah, this is home and there isn't any place like it.
If someone dares to come in our home as a fraud they are screwed...we have some really good MP's here!!!
HI JOE AND DANE!! :)

wrbones
06-08-03, 01:10 PM
Damn. Admin wouldn't do something that chicken**** would he?

Marine must have an attitude or something....:D

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=36893#post36893

CAS3
06-08-03, 01:15 PM
No Warren, He wasn't chicken sh1t...he just didn't want it posted cause it made him laugh so hard he peed himself!!
HEE HEE HEE

thedrifter
06-08-03, 01:24 PM
It had me laughing so hard, had tears in my eyes and I was rolling on the floor.......LMAO

Don't we Marines have an ATTITUDE ............LOL

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

PS: Admin has an advantage over us.......LMAO

Barndog
06-08-03, 06:48 PM
Dammit Dane....

All dis time I thought you was sleepin.......

Devildogg4ever
06-08-03, 07:39 PM
You need to quit reading my mind, arzach! It's not safe in there!! :devious:

arzach
06-08-03, 07:57 PM
Always nice to find another 'like' thinker DD4ever...You didna get booted from Grits did ya?

Devildogg4ever
06-08-03, 08:02 PM
Not yet, arzach! But I have been thinking about it! Love the site, but could never stand favorite, uppity folk. :devious:

arzach
06-08-03, 08:11 PM
DD4ever---I'm not real well liked over there, guess they can't handle Marines who speak their minds and don't go with the 'select few'.

Devildogg4ever
06-08-03, 08:18 PM
Don't know what they go for! You go by the same name! Just answer yes or no if ya want! I don't, but same pic!

arzach
06-08-03, 08:24 PM
No, got a different handle there...

Rick

Devildogg4ever
06-08-03, 08:32 PM
uh,hhuh, I see what your saying! I figure the pic will tell enough, if they get around like we do! Til tomorrow, my friend! Semper Fi! EliteDogg

Catz1611
06-08-03, 11:50 PM
he must have been a Cook or something he couldnt stand the heat so he kick you out of the Kitchen and exactly WHAT are you trying to say about Cooks?!? :D
BTW, Heeelllooo....DD4ever ( or is it "e" Dog?) :evilgrin:

Devildogg4ever
06-09-03, 02:50 AM
Oh, No, Not another Catz!? I heard they could be hard to out run. Guess some people do get around, Huh? How ya doing, Catz1611? Handle depends on where I'm at. Funny how you try the same handle, says someone else has it, yet you never see that someone! Semper Fi! :)

Catz1611
06-09-03, 02:57 AM
LOL! I know what ya mean!
hey you can call me "Cat" btw :D
I just changed my username here.. I was using "Shilo" but decided I wanted my other one instead! I like this board as well..it seems more "Marine" if you understand what I'm saying..nothing against the other one mind you..

Devildogg4ever
06-09-03, 03:03 AM
Hello Catz1611! This board is a good one. I watched alot of forums for along time before I ever posted. This one is one of the top ones. ;)

arzach
06-09-03, 04:55 AM
Hello Catz1611! This board is a good one. I watched alot of forums for along time before I ever posted. This one is one of the top ones. ;)

Hey DD4ever...ya up early, or up late? Seems the catz and Dogs get along over here...:cool:

Devildogg4ever
06-09-03, 05:42 AM
Up early and headed to work! You may find me on the net anytime. I have an irregular sleep pattern, thanks to Uncle Sammy! Does seem like the Catz & Doggs get along here! Check ya out later! Semper Fi! :D

MP4LIFE
06-09-03, 07:48 AM
You guys are alright, I'm glad to see this thread is going on as long as it has. Shows all the knuckleheads over here still have the fire in their gut. LATA

Eric

Sgt Sostand
06-09-03, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Catz1611
and exactly WHAT are you trying to say about Cooks?!? :D
BTW, Heeelllooo....DD4ever ( or is it "e" Dog?) :evilgrin: who need a cooks when we have C Rats LOL hehehe:banana:

Catz1611
06-09-03, 09:12 AM
who need a cooks when we have C Rats LOL hehehe veerry funny! LOL "C" rats or hot chow.. Hmmm..yeah I'd rather have "C" rats...NOT !!
You know Marine Cooks Rock! ..say it with me......Cooks are our friends..::yes: :D

mrbsox
06-09-03, 01:18 PM
Cooks vs. C-Rats,,,, huummmmmmmm

Just to bump a thread from some time back about how "COOKS" take care of us, in the field :banana:

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2731&highlight=icee+chow

Maybe since the military is sub-letting all the mess halls now, we won't have 'COOK' MOS's any more. :no:

No attitude.... just fun.

Sgt Sostand
06-09-03, 01:33 PM
I never got anything bad out of a C Rat Box but in the Mess Hall i have goten sick two weeks off duty thanks to the cooks in fact their two people you dont **** off in the Marine Corps is a Cook and the Doc hehehehehe

MP4LIFE
06-09-03, 01:40 PM
Don't forget the MPs

arzach
06-09-03, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by MP4LIFE
You guys are alright, I'm glad to see this thread is going on as long as it has. Shows all the knuckleheads over here still have the fire in their gut. LATA

Eric

Seems like it, just a thought tho...'Marines with attitude'? Seems like the country club to me...LMAO

Might have to say something about 'knuckleheads or cooks'...sure don't wanna pizz of any wing-wipers, eh?...

Devildogg4ever
06-09-03, 04:04 PM
The ONLY thing good I ever got out of C-rats was a can! I would empty it and use it as a stove with heat tabs, then cook oodles-of-noodles! Yum, Yum! ;)

wrbones
06-09-03, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by arzach

Seems like it, just a thought tho...'Marines with attitude'? Seems like the country club to me...LMAO

Keep it quiet, keep it clean, keep yer weapons pointed outside the wire, and pointed downrange, boys! This is R&R country, where we tell tall tales, have a few brews, keep up on the news, and get the FNG's lined out before they go on patrol! Country club doin's works fer me.

arzach
06-09-03, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by wrbones

Keep it quiet, keep it clean, keep yer weapons pointed outside the wire, and pointed downrange, boys! This is R&R country, where we tell tall tales, have a few brews, keep up on the news, and get the FNG's lined out before they go on patrol! Country club doin's works fer me.

Why Bones, that's no way for a Marine to act! R&R is down on the Ginza, amongst the bars and 'loose' women....:evilgrin:

wrbones
06-09-03, 05:06 PM
Liberty is at 16:00. Go on yer own damn time! :D

arzach
06-09-03, 05:13 PM
OK bones, it's 1812, and I'm on my own damn time....'G'

Devildogg4ever
06-09-03, 06:07 PM
Hate to say it, by I agree with both of you! I always keep my weapon pointed outside the wire, thats why you would find me in town with the loose women! Who's telling tall tales? :D

Phil
06-09-03, 06:08 PM
The ONLY thing good I ever got out of C-rats was a can! I would empty it and use it as a stove with heat tabs, then cook oodles-of-noodles! Yum, Yum! ;)

C-RATS!! Ya'll make me feel like a BOOT!(Maybe I am but that's for another thread) You haven't eaten until you've taken a dehydrated beef patty, open up your beans, incorporate rehydrated beef patty, add crackers, salt, hot sauce, more hot sauce, more hot sauce, trade cigs for hot sauce, a little more hot sauce, stir and BAM ya got chow!

When the hell did they contract out the mess halls? Does that mean the end of mess duty? No more pot shack! No more G.I. detail? No more draggin' your a** out of Kinville at 0200 to be at the chow hall at 0400!:no: SAY IT AIN'T SO!!

An boss of mine said that Sgt. Gritz was a ****bird. Kerr was his name, said Grits was one of the biggest ***holes you'd ever meet. From the looks of this thread it must be so.

Devildogg4ever
06-09-03, 06:12 PM
Oh Man, sounds like Sunday dinner! your bringing tears to my eyes! What time we eat? :D

arzach
06-09-03, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Phil

C-RATS!! Ya'll make me feel like a BOOT!(Maybe I am but that's for another thread) You haven't eaten until you've taken a dehydrated beef patty, open up your beans, incorporate rehydrated beef patty, add crackers, salt, hot sauce, more hot sauce, more hot sauce, trade cigs for hot sauce, a little more hot sauce, stir and BAM ya got chow!

When the hell did they contract out the mess halls? Does that mean the end of mess duty? No more pot shack! No more G.I. detail? No more draggin' your a** out of Kinville at 0200 to be at the chow hall at 0400!:no: SAY IT AIN'T SO!!

An boss of mine said that Sgt. Gritz was a ****bird. Kerr was his name, said Grits was one of the biggest ***holes you'd ever meet. From the looks of this thread it must be so.

first ya go by the mess tent...'liberate' some k-ration beef patties (best were late WW 2 vintage)...don't forget tabasco(hell, take a case of it!)..pick up some C4 from yer EOD guy(he'll want some of what yer makin')...use a couple c-rat cans fer stoves...cook in the bottom part of yer mess gear, using plenty of tabasco...oh yeah, forgot ta tell ya, you'll need an onion from the mess tent also....warm thoroughly...kick back and enjoy! Just remember not to venture too far from the slit trench!!! :D

mrbsox
06-09-03, 07:06 PM
Gonna bump a couple of more threads, for you recent influx of lean green eating machines :banana:

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=795&highlight=gourmet

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4729&highlight=gourmet

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=638&highlight=gourmet

Enjoy, and add some recipes

Terry

Catz1611
06-09-03, 08:14 PM
When the hell did they contract out the mess halls? Does that mean the end of mess duty? No more pot shack! No more G.I. detail? No more draggin' your a** out of Kinville at 0200 to be at the chow hall at 0400! SAY IT AIN'T SO!! I heard that they were phasing out the 3381 MOS this was in 2001.. don't know if this is still in the works..I think the plan at the time was to keep a handful for deplayments..

LOL I remember having to be up at 0300 to be to work by 0400 ..Hated that! but being a Cook did have it's perks..like access to food 24/7 That came in real handy more than once..especially during CAX when it was blazzin HOT! nothing like being able to go into a "refer" at whatever time to have a sit down and a yogurt...We also did "meals on wheels" the guys in the field sure enjoyed that..can't remember any of them ever saying.."Thanks but I have an MRE" LOL!:D

Devildogg4ever
06-10-03, 03:39 AM
I remember them mess duty days. The only thing I still miss about mess duty, is the sleep! I heard the same thing Catz, but not the full story. So whats up with them replacing that field? :confused:

Sgt Sostand
06-10-03, 08:45 AM
Mess Duty suck i would like to go in the Field for 30 days than to stand Mess Duty

arzach
06-10-03, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Sgt Sostand
Mess Duty suck i would like to go in the Field for 30 days than to stand Mess Duty

Copy that Sgt Sostand...mess duty at PI, then Geiger(ITR), then dammit, got 30 days on my Med Float..didna even have a year in the Corps! Then caught it again in Feb/Mar of '66 on my way to da Nam...that was the last of it, thank Chesty!

Devildogg4ever
06-10-03, 05:14 PM
When I was with 3/6, sometimes we would pull 90 days of mess! Then one time, after 60 days of mess duty, the Capt. give us 1 day off, then we went on guard duty! That Capt. sorta had to get out before he wanted to a little while later!

arzach
06-10-03, 05:20 PM
When I was with 3/6, sometimes we would pull 90 days of mess! Then one time, after 60 days of mess duty, the Capt. give us 1 day off, then we went on guard duty! That Capt. sorta had to get out before he wanted to a little while later!

Forgot that 30 days of guard duty! Got it over Christmas/New Years '64/'65...rather auspicious start to my Marine Corps Tour..

Phil
06-10-03, 05:23 PM
We lucked out in our era then. Once in The Fleet we did it once a year when we pumped to Oki. I will no longer ***** about it on this forum. Just kidding , if a Grunt ain't *****in', he ain't happy!:D

arzach
06-10-03, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Phil
We lucked out in our era then. Once in The Fleet we did it once a year when we pumped to Oki. I will no longer ***** about it on this forum. Just kidding , if a Grunt ain't *****in', he ain't happy!:D

Same-same my era Phil..30 days of one or the other...seems I got my 4 yr. quota in before I had 2 yrs. in.....

Desert Storm eh? My Son was in that with the 24th Mech...yeah, I know, a doggie. I believe he spent too much time with his Mom..we got divorced when Tony was 4. Such is life...

ugly_angel362
06-10-03, 07:27 PM
i went to boot camp with a female who was supposed to be a cook. but now i believe they are giving that job to civilians. we had civilians running our chow hall at parris island. our senior drill instructor hated it because the civilians never understood how much food and energy we consume in one day. even for females.

arzach
06-10-03, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by ugly_angel362
i went to boot camp with a female who was supposed to be a cook. but now i believe they are giving that job to civilians. we had civilians running our chow hall at parris island. our senior drill instructor hated it because the civilians never understood how much food and energy we consume in one day. even for females.

Really? No more cooks? Seems even though they are civillians, there would be a specific menu to follow...:confused:

Ya got some 'splanin to do ugly_angel...don't like usin' 'ugly' so I guess it'll have to be 'angel'..:dazed: :confused:

You didn't happen to know a Kimberly Ross did you? She got re-called back in for Op. Iraqi Freedom. MOS had to do with logistics.

Sgt Sostand
06-10-03, 08:11 PM
like i said before who need Cooks when you have C Rats /new version (MREs)---> Meals Ready To Eat :marine:

richgitz
06-17-03, 07:24 PM
In My experience at MESS HALLS. The only thing they could make
right was S**T ON A SHINGLE", now that was GOOD not like the
Deep Fried Chicken which was really Piegon Parts and Boiled
Baboon A** (Corned Beef). C-RATS is the only way to go.