PDA

View Full Version : Appropriate uniform for a tv interview?

Kylef4i
12-09-08, 12:56 PM
I just graduated basic training this past friday and my high school counselor has an interview set up with some students that are about to go in the military, and she had requested for me to be a part of it. My question is, what uniform would be appropriate for something of that nature? I went back to my knowledge book and it wasn't specific on what to wear when but what uniforms not to wear on leave. Would the Blue Dress "c" uniform be fine? Should I wear a service uniform? Also, if I wear the Blue Dress "c" it says I can wear Badges, would you recommend that or just stick to ribbons?

Thank you

Pvt Wagner

Wyoming
12-09-08, 01:05 PM
I just graduated basic training this past friday and my high school counselor has an interview set up with some students that are about to go in the military, and she had requested for me to be a part of it. My question is, what uniform would be appropriate for something of that nature? I went back to my knowledge book and it wasn't specific on what to wear when but what uniforms not to wear on leave. Would the Blue Dress "c" uniform be fine? Should I wear a service uniform? Also, if I wear the Blue Dress "c" it says I can wear Badges, would you recommend that or just stick to ribbons?

Thank you

Pvt Wagner

Basic training? Ask your army recruiter.

Were it me, I would check with my PAO.

Oh, just who are you?

Kylef4i
12-09-08, 01:08 PM
I wasn't paying attention when I typed that. I mean Recruit Training.

Thank you for the advice.

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-09-08, 01:14 PM
I'd wear Service Bravos or Charlies. No way would I wear badges unless I was in Alphas.

SupChf
12-09-08, 01:19 PM
Charlies no badges, just ribbons.

Gunz out ~

MUSTANG0369
12-09-08, 01:48 PM
Do NOT do an interview on TV without consulting a Public Affairs Officer. If it is just newspaper, or school, make sure to talk to your recruiter. Misspoken words, however slight, can have far reaching impacts. I had to do a thing for PBS when I was a Staff Sergeant and had a crew of PAO's over the shoulder of the camera. I know that you are very motivated, but ensure you do yourself, and the Marine Corps a favor, and seek out some advice......otherwise, respectfully decline the interview.

SupChf
12-09-08, 01:53 PM
Do NOT do an interview on TV without consulting a Public Affairs Officer. If it is just newspaper, or school, make sure to talk to your recruiter. Misspoken words, however slight, can have far reaching impacts. I had to do a thing for PBS when I was a Staff Sergeant and had a crew of PAO's over the shoulder of the camera. I know that you are very motivated, but ensure you do yourself, and the Marine Corps a favor, and seek out some advice......otherwise, respectfully decline the interview.

Oh yea, forgot that part....Thanks Lt....

Wyoming
12-09-08, 04:47 PM

Exactly what I had said - Were it me, I would check with my PAO. - but not so eloquently.

Hope he listens.

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-09-08, 05:22 PM
I didn't even think about that. I suppose I messed that up back in my younger days, but it is a very valid point. The message that is put before the public is well crafted, they will want to ensure that things don't get foggy and disturb their message.

Kylef4i
12-09-08, 09:04 PM

Thank you sir for the advice. The interview is only about 20 seconds and its on the high school I went to and about some of the students joining the military. Since I am on leave, the counselor asked if I would just say what career path I graduated on and that the High school prepared me for Recruit training and what are my plans now that I am done with Recruit Training. It doesn't sound like I don't have to say much but, I know how the media can twist nothing into something. I can tell her I won't be able to do the interview. I don't want to risk getting in trouble over something this small.

Thank you again.

ecfree
12-09-08, 09:12 PM
HOW COME YOU DO NOT HAVE A PROFILE LAD ?:evilgrin:

jackson07
12-09-08, 09:18 PM
Remember the season... we are sleeves down. Which means service bravos or dress blue charlies.

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-09-08, 10:37 PM
We always wore service charlies when we wore service uniforms. I never understood hearing that the uniform of the day would be service charlies, all-weather coats, and black gloves.