PDA

View Full Version : Paying bills while in basic

hunter01
12-09-08, 12:49 AM
I am new to this site and I am very interested in the Marine's as a career. I have talked seriously to a recruiter and my wife and I have decided to go ahead however I am not joining for the money but I do have a legitimate concern I was hoping someone cold help me out with. From my understanding during recruit training your pay has to be direct deposited into a base account which is fine but is there anyway to put my wife on that account or get her the money somehow because this is a two income family and she doesn't make enough to pay all of the bills for those 3 months. Thanks.

Pete0331
12-09-08, 01:45 AM
I am new to this site and I am very interested in the Marine's as a career. I have talked seriously to a recruiter and my wife and I have decided to go ahead however I am not joining for the money but I do have a legitimate concern I was hoping someone cold help me out with. From my understanding during recruit training your pay has to be direct deposited into a base account which is fine but is there anyway to put my wife on that account or get her the money somehow because this is a two income family and she doesn't make enough to pay all of the bills for those 3 months. Thanks.

Fill out your profile.
Then I will give you an answer.

hunter01
12-09-08, 02:43 AM
Sorry about that but its filled out now.

Pete0331
12-09-08, 03:03 AM
Sorry about that but its filled out now.

No worries.

In receiving, after you get the bulk of the paperwork done, immediately talk to the platoon handler. Let him know the situation and he will put the wheels in motion.

I don't recall if you fill out a power of attorney in boot camp anymore.

As soon as you get to your platoon talk to your Drill Instructor. He will either allow you to talk to your wife directly, to ensure that she can receive funds, or use your recruiter as an intermediary to your wife.

Put some money aside as this process may take a few weeks.

hunter01
12-09-08, 03:26 AM
Thanks for the info, that helps out alot. Looks like I will probably be at Parris Island in May 2009 then.