PDA

View Full Version : DLAB Question

bmcccarthy
12-08-08, 05:23 PM
Hey everybody...my name is Brian McCarthy. I must admit i have been around this forum the past months as I was making my decisions for the Marines. This forum deserves alot of credit, as it was very informative to me and I am grateful....I signed my contract and took my oath last Thursday, a moment that I am extremely proud of, second hopefully to graduating boot camp soon. My ship date is 20090323. I just had a couple of questions. My ASVAB score was a 93, with my line scores being QT:93 GT:124 EL:119 MM:118 CL:126...I am going for Cryptologic/Linguist. I am taking the DLAB on wednesday, and I have read the general advice for it....I am making sure I am solid on my grammar and going to stay as focused and relaxed as possible.

1. Are there any other tips/strategies/information I should know?

and 2.(Crossing my fingers here) If I pass...is there one specific school that I would be sent to, or does it vary depending on what I am assigned to?

Thank you all so much!!!!

jackson07
12-08-08, 06:43 PM
If you get a DC contract you will be sent to DLI no ifs ands or buts. Just get your sleep and study hard. There isn't really any secret to the test. Just take your time and relax.

0231Marine
12-09-08, 07:01 AM
There really is no studying for the test. It's a measure of how well you can comprehend a foreign language and most of the stuff you'll hear during the test is a bunch of gibberish anyways. You can't study to prepare yourself for it because you either have the aptitude required or you don't. Just relax and take your time.

richerich
01-02-09, 12:48 PM
The best thing is to be able to grasp grammar/language structure, and to be able to manipulate it.

If you have studied a foreign language, you have done the previous.

Mareen
01-13-09, 07:06 AM
Don't worry about grammar. The entire test is about a made up language that judges if you have the ability to pick up on a foreign language fairly easily.