PDA

View Full Version : Sick on Leave

Parks
12-08-08, 08:11 AM
I graduated on Friday, and on Saturday I started feeling lousy. I figured it was just my body adjusting to the climate but I've been getting progressively worse and right now I'm at the point where I think a doctor might be necessary. I'm not really sure how Tricare works, so my question is what I need to do. Wait until I report to MCT, go to a civilian doctor, or drive two hours to Tinker Air Force base?

Help is greatly appreciated.

RYDERKUR
12-08-08, 09:19 AM
I had an accident and injured myself. When I got to the hospital I showed them my military ID and they said "Your taken care of" after a few minutes. I don't know what they did at the time. A little while later I got a thing from Tricare just requesting a little info. So to make a long story short, I think you just need to show them the military ID and tell them to bill Tricare (You may have to pay the small like $10 co-pay). I hope I'm not telling you wrong, but I think that's how it works.

awbrown1462
12-08-08, 09:24 AM
If you have a reserve unit in your area give them a call they might be able to help or your recuiter

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-08-08, 10:51 AM
Call Sid Williams (377-1121) and tell his receptionist what is going on. I'm sure he'll take care of you, and just as importantly, get you into the office quite quickly.

SupChf
12-08-08, 12:00 PM
New Tri-Care for active duty eliminates the co-pay. Just go see any Doc that accepts Tri-Care and you are good. If you have a problem finding one, hit the ER.

Marine84
12-08-08, 06:15 PM
I got a stupid question......................what are ya'll talking about Tri Care and co pays?

Phantom Blooper
12-08-08, 06:34 PM
Tri-care is the new medical insurance....not new ...years now that replaced CHAMPUS during your time frame for active,dependents and retirees!

http://www.tricare.mil/mybenefit/

:evilgrin: