PDA

View Full Version : I like Santa,,,,,,,,

sparkie
12-06-08, 10:20 PM
I know you guys suffered thru me getting my .45 for my birthday in '07, But I gotta tell you, Santa came early, with an AR-15. With a buncha extras fastened on. { what is that thing between the sights with the red circle and the center dot?] Shet, they even had a grenade launcher in the case for $225.00.
I am stoked, and takin it out tomorrow. I'll try to site it in at 200 yds, but I don't know what to do with that laser circle thingy with the little red dot. And why is the sling in 3 straps?
Rear stock by Mattel as usual, but front guard is rubber, heavy,,,, not like my issue at all.
:banana:

jrhd97
12-06-08, 11:02 PM
Thats pretty cool Sparie. That sight should adjust with one or two knobs on top and side or bottom. A halo type thing. They work pretty good. Happy Shooting brother!

sparkie
12-06-08, 11:18 PM
Thats pretty cool Sparie. That sight should adjust with one or two knobs on top and side or bottom. A halo type thing. They work pretty good. Happy Shooting brother!
On the right. But I have to figure out how it relates to the front and rear. I have no idea. Later, right now I'm just cuddling the thing.

jrhd97
12-06-08, 11:26 PM
LOL!!!! Sparkie found a new love.

Wyoming
12-06-08, 11:50 PM
Wookie knows about all that sheeit. BTW, do you know the cost?

On another note, and fcuk it, to steal a thread. I BELIEVE IN SANTA CLAUS.

My 13 yo GD and Daughter that live with me are living proof.

sparkie
12-07-08, 12:05 AM
$1,500,,,, used,,,, but barely. W 2 30 rd clips.

Wyoming
12-07-08, 12:22 AM
Good price Spark. Great extras.

Marine84
12-07-08, 05:56 AM
Later, right now I'm just cuddling the thing.

LOL! You guys give me so many great visuals!

sparkie
12-07-08, 07:11 AM
LOL! You guys give me so many great visuals!

Right back at ya, :p

Quinbo
12-07-08, 08:06 AM
The red dot ... you shoot with both eyes open and your firing eye looks at the dot ... your non firing eye will project it onto the target. Where the dot is is where the round will impact. Kinda like having a laser sight without the limits on distance. You have to be able to walk and chew gum at the same time to use one. They get knocked out of zero pretty easy.

sparkie
12-07-08, 08:19 AM
Is it used with the iron sights, or stand alone? "cause mine is in line.
Sorry for my ignorance.
http://www.houtsenterprises.com/media/eotech/557AR223_MR.jpg

Quinbo
12-07-08, 08:24 AM
You use it like a scope. Try it out ... right eye looks through it and at the target, left eye looks at the target. You will see a red dot on the target.

yellowwing
12-07-08, 08:26 AM
Good on you Sparkie! I bet you rip through a 100 rounds today, you Lucky SOB :D

sparkie
12-07-08, 08:31 AM
Good on you Sparkie! I bet you rip through a 100 rounds today, you Lucky SOB :D
I'm thinkin "bout that grenade launcher,,,,, Damm if I know why.:bunny:

Phantom Blooper
12-07-08, 08:40 AM
I'm thinkin "bout that grenade launcher,,,,, Damm if I know why.:bunny:

I like bloopers!:evilgrin:

Nice Santa Claus present......after all these years of myths and ledgends...is Santa Claus a man or a woman?

sparkie
12-07-08, 08:42 AM
I like bloopers!:evilgrin:

Nice Santa Claus present......after all these years of myths and ledgends...is Santa Claus a man or a woman?
She's a lady.

Phantom Blooper
12-07-08, 08:48 AM
She's a lady.

That's what I thought....but never to old to learn!

Next time you sit on her knee....tell her that,jrhie,bulkie,BigALiee,wingie,84ee and bloopie would ALL like one for Christmas too...because we been NICE & not NAUGHTY!:beer:

:evilgrin:

DocGreek
12-07-08, 09:06 AM
08:30, December 7th, 1941.....the attack had begun. "ordinary men, doing extraordinary things", to save their ships, and save and care for their shipmates. Marines...let's be clear, during an ambush, or in an open area firefight, it won't matter what kind of sight, or "operating" weapon, you may have....you'll either use it to kill your enemy, before he kills you, and.....you STILL, may be wounded, or killed. But....I, as your Platoon Corpsman, will be right there, to treat your wounds, or save your life....even at the expense of my own....it's my DUTY, and my J.O.B.!! Don't be a "wallflower", get to know the men in your platoon/squad, AND your "Doc"!.....SEMPER FI.....Doc Greek

Phantom Blooper
12-07-08, 09:14 AM
My Wife and neighbors asked me not to finish building her a new outside storage room after I bought my new nail gun......... go figure

NEW from DeWalt<O:p

THE 16 - DRAPIDFIRE<O:p

New Nail Gun, made by Dewalt. It can drive a 16-D nail through a 2 X 4 at 200 yards. This makes construction a breeze, you can sit in your lawn chair and build a fence. Just get the wife and kids to hold the fence boards in place while you sit back, relax with a cold drink, when they have the board in the right place just fire away. With the hundred round magazine, you can build the fence with a minimum of reloading. After a day of fence building with the new Dewalt Rapid fire nail gun, the wife will not ask you fix or build anything else

Old Marine
12-07-08, 09:35 AM
Sparkie:

Did you replace Santa with the rifle in the bedroom? Will bring back memories of being in Boot Camp.

sparkie
12-08-08, 08:34 AM
Sparkie:

Did you replace Santa with the rifle in the bedroom? Will bring back memories of being in Boot Camp.
As far as boot, I qualled with the 14.
However, this baby shoots sweet. The holo site is ok for playin around,,,, But I enjoyed my 4" group at 150 with the iron sites a whole lot more.
That little red dot thingie wanders too much.