PDA

View Full Version : Questions About Recruit Training

scwaster
12-06-08, 01:14 PM
So I made the decision to joining the corps. I had a talk with the recruiter and he pushed me into making a decision on the spot that I am happy with. I am 23 my life isn't bad but it could be better and im thinking the Marines could give me what i need. Im kinda looking for a brief overview of what to expect upon arriving at the island? As well as something that concerned me is im not a good swimmer. I was told that there is 4 classes of swimmers and i would be able to do swim qual 4 no problem. I am just wondering what all swim class four is i can swim ok i just cant float of tread water.

scwaster
12-06-08, 01:37 PM
I have a few cavities and am not a big fan of the dentist is it mandatory to get dental problems taken care of before or while in basic?

re8elmonk0341
12-06-08, 02:45 PM
I have a few cavities and am not a big fan of the dentist is it mandatory to get dental problems taken care of before or while in basic?

The Doc's there at the Depot will be sure to hook you up real nice hahaha.

AND WHY THE HELL DO YOU POOLEES KEEP CALLING RECRUIT TRAINING OR BOOT CAMP "BASIC".....THAT'S STRONG.....ARMY STRONG'S TRASH!!!!

Newski45
12-06-08, 06:16 PM
Ok look, all swim qual 4 is, is you get into camies and swim from one side to the other, the width, not the length of the pool, easy stuff! FYI it's not swimming there it's water survival, don't be the one to call it that when you get there. You can do it, I had pneumonia and passed with a class 2 swim qual.

Marine84
12-06-08, 07:30 PM
It's a setup.............it HAS to be! What's Yellowwing doing tonight?

Phantom Blooper
12-06-08, 07:42 PM
It's a setup.............it HAS to be! What's Yellowwing doing tonight?

DVDs with the girlfriend then out and about.:evilgrin:

Phantom Blooper
12-06-08, 07:54 PM
Im kinda looking for a brief overview of what to expect upon arriving at the island?

Well you walk right in,step right up on the little yellow foot prints and give your azz to Jesus because the Marine Corps will have your soul!

Do a little search in the Poolee Hall of Fame and read the stickies....one will give a little overview of boot camp. It may have changed since that time and as always it will be different for each recruit.

Also do a search and you will find an answer about swimmin' with the bow legged wimmin' and jumpin' off the big bad scary tower.

Each meal will be a feast and each day will be a different awakening! The cause and effect will be different for each recruit on how they handle the PT and the mental stress and anguish.

Hundreds upon thousands have went before you....and if you honestly want the title engraved in your heart and mind of United States Marine you will swim and not sink!:evilgrin:

PaidinBlood
12-06-08, 08:50 PM
If you want a sample, you could stick your little nuts in the refrigerator door and slam it over and over again while your buddy yells at you..

rvillac2
12-07-08, 01:07 AM
If you want a sample, you could stick your little nuts in the refrigerator door and slam it over and over again while your buddy yells at you..
Then wake up and do it again tomorrow.

(love this)

Marine84
12-07-08, 10:14 AM

DUDE! Since you're kind of new around here - there is a rule.....................Anytime you say something that fking funny and make another Marine spew coffee/tea/beer/liquor on their computer, you owe them another monitor/laptop. Start shopping for laptops honey!:)

PaidinBlood
12-07-08, 10:15 AM
Aw hell. Don't suppose I have to buy ya another coffee, too?

Marine84
12-07-08, 10:18 AM
Nah, just a laptop will do, I have more coffee. But, thanks for asking!

PaidinBlood
12-07-08, 10:20 AM
Got biscuits and gravy goin now.. Maybe an out of court settlement is in order... :no: