PDA

View Full Version : Im Up For Any Questiones!!

NewMarine19
12-06-08, 07:46 AM
Graduated yesterday 1st Battalion Delta company plt 1095 ask away im an open book.:D

Mike18
12-06-08, 10:18 AM
First of all, I want to congratulate you for all the hard work you put in to become a United States Marine! Right now I am a senior in high school, and am going to enlist pretty soon. However, one of my main concerns about boot camp was the rifle range. I would like to know how hard it was and what helped you qualify. I am asking this because I dont want to be recycled or anything like that. I sooo badly wish I could be in your shoes right now as a US Marine, and hope you enjoy your hard earned ten days of leave.

JdnSmith
12-06-08, 05:55 PM
First of all, I want to congratulate you for all the hard work you put in to become a United States Marine! Right now I am a senior in high school, and am going to enlist pretty soon. However, one of my main concerns about boot camp was the rifle range. I would like to know how hard it was and what helped you qualify. I am asking this because I dont want to be recycled or anything like that. I sooo badly wish I could be in your shoes right now as a US Marine, and hope you enjoy your hard earned ten days of leave.

All you have to do is listen to your PMI and apply all the skills that he teaches you. I was never trained in marksmanship before bootcamp and I shot expert. Don't worry so much about it or you will psyche yourself out. Just pay close attention and you will be fine.

SGT7477
12-06-08, 08:02 PM
Congrats, Semper FI.

ecfree
12-06-08, 08:24 PM
Congratulations NewMarine19,welcome to the best damn outfit in the world.....When you get over the snock of graduation....YOU CAN FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE....
And have a nice leave....MARINE....:evilgrin:

NewMarine19
12-07-08, 03:44 PM

Ty a lot and as far as the range its really really not hard just as already said go in there with an open mind and follow the pmi they will teach u everything in detail and when u get out there ul do fine

AndyBowman
12-07-08, 03:50 PM

Haha...trust me...the Rifle Range is easy ...its practically unfailable(unless you are stupid and flag the line multiple times, then you'll get dropped). So don't worry about that.

Mike18
12-07-08, 07:31 PM
Thank you for all of your crisp responses Marines. I will rest a little easier with this knowledge. Basically when I go down to PI I am going to keep my mouth shut and just do exactly what I am told; I heard that was the best way to get through recruit training and the rifle range specifically. Thank you sirs.

KGunner
12-09-08, 12:52 PM
Congratulations Marine.

Here is a question. How many people were dropped, for what, and what kind of an effect did that have on morale?

Enjoy your leave and behave!

jinelson
12-09-08, 01:25 PM
Well done Marine congratulations!

OORAH!!!

Jim

Enigmatic
12-10-08, 02:28 PM
Well, killer, I got two questions for you...first of all are you still in VA Beach? If so, hit up Norfolk, go to Mo & O'Malleys on Granby and tell them Rigo said whats up! Then get the hell outta there cause you're only 18.....

Secondly, plan on taking the Spelling for Marines MCI anytime soon? I hope so....so you can learn how to spell "questions".

Semper Fi Marine

SJPB
12-11-08, 10:52 PM
I ask the the weird questions because as far as the physical and mental parts go I'm prepared, BUT I wanted to how much time do you have to shower and get ready? I hear its only a few minutes and you're flying from one area to the next trying to shower/shave and dress, but I wanted to hear from the source which would be you.

Also...my recruiter says MRE's back you up and and when you actually have to use the head it's like giving birth. LoL nasty, but I was just curious if thats the truth or if he's messing with me.

Enigmatic
12-12-08, 12:10 AM
I ask the the weird questions because as far as the physical and mental parts go I'm prepared, BUT I wanted to how much time do you have to shower and get ready? I hear its only a few minutes and you're flying from one area to the next trying to shower/shave and dress, but I wanted to hear from the source which would be you.

Also...my recruiter says MRE's back you up and and when you actually have to use the head it's like giving birth. LoL nasty, but I was just curious if thats the truth or if he's messing with me.

First of all, NOBODY is prepared for the mental parts. How the hell can you possibly mentally prepare youself for boot camp??

Secondly....dude shower and get ready for what? You think they let you go out in town every night? Are you going to take some cologne and aftershave with you to boot too? Maybe some of that cocoa butter?

If a man knows what its like to give birth that man has issues, recruiter or not...by any chance is re8elmonk0341 your recruiter??

dude, take a cue from your wifey and stick to the smart questions....

SJPB
12-12-08, 12:40 AM
First of all, NOBODY is prepared for the mental parts. How the hell can you possibly mentally prepare youself for boot camp??

Secondly....dude shower and get ready for what? You think they let you go out in town every night? Are you going to take some cologne and aftershave with you to boot too? Maybe some of that cocoa butter?

If a man knows what its like to give birth that man has issues, recruiter or not...by any chance is re8elmonk0341 your recruiter??

dude, take a cue from your wifey and stick to the smart questions....

I don't have any illusions of Marine Corps Boot Camp which is the toughest in the department of defense and I'm prepared to face it and know it's going to be the hardest thing of my life and the way they break you down is FOR ME going to be more mentally challenging than physical. So in those ways yea I'm as prepared as I can possibly be, but when a DI is in my face working me physically and mentally it's going to come as a shock and I know this. I'm not sitting here thinking anythings going to be easy. I know they'll break me mentally.

That was pretty much what I was asking in the 2nd highlighted part. From what I've seen in boot camp vids, stories, read, etc. you get only 4-5 minutes TOTAL to shower, shave and dress for whatever they need to to dress for and was asking for clarification on that part.

I'd appreciate leaving my wife out of responses to my questions though.

Enigmatic
12-12-08, 12:47 AM
I don't have any illusions of Marine Corps Boot Camp which is the toughest in the department of defense and I'm prepared to face it and know it's going to be the hardest thing of my life and the way they break you down is FOR ME going to be more mentally challenging than physical. So in those ways yea I'm as prepared as I can possibly be, but when a DI is in my face working me physically and mentally it's going to come as a shock and I know this. I'm not sitting here thinking anythings going to be easy. I know they'll break me mentally.

That was pretty much what I was asking in the 2nd highlighted part. From what I've seen in boot camp vids, stories, read, etc. you get only 4-5 minutes TOTAL to shower, shave and dress for whatever they need to to dress for and was asking for clarification on that part.

I'd appreciate leaving my wife out of responses to my questions though.

Calm the hell down dude, you taking things too personally. Dont worry about showers....you wont give a chit about showers in boot, be too busy doing other things.

Oh, and the wife thing? Being a Marine married to a Marine myself...you better freakin get used to Marines bringing your wife up in convos...believe me I lived that chit over and over...you'll see what I mean.

Jester3113
12-26-08, 01:09 PM
were you seriously asking about showers?...wow...i remember asking about the Crucible and BWT before i left for boot...not showers and dress time...lol you get plenty of time to do everything. they dont set you up for failure and they dont send you into something expecting failure. you get briefed on everything. there's even a class on getting quarterdecked. dont lose your bearing. dont hold back, make sure the DI's know who you are.YELL!!! just remember Speed, Volume, And Intensity.

SGT7477
12-26-08, 01:48 PM
were you seriously asking about showers?...wow...i remember asking about the Crucible and BWT before i left for boot...not showers and dress time...lol you get plenty of time to do everything. they dont set you up for failure and they dont send you into something expecting failure. you get briefed on everything. there's even a class on getting quarterdecked. dont lose your bearing. dont hold back, make sure the DI's know who you are.YELL!!! just remember Speed, Volume, And Intensity.

Plenty of time to do everything, times have changed?:evilgrin:

JdnSmith
12-26-08, 03:24 PM
lol you get plenty of time to do everything.
I definately don't remember getting "plenty of time." I remember having "200 seconds" or something like that.

Jester3113
12-26-08, 07:15 PM
200 drill instructor seconds is plenty of time. you dont need to wash every each of your body. just do a PT or semi-field expediant shower. its plenty of time

Range Coach
12-26-08, 09:21 PM
All you have to do is listen to your PMI and apply all the skills that he teaches you. I was never trained in marksmanship before bootcamp and I shot expert. Don't worry so much about it or you will psyche yourself out. Just pay close attention and you will be fine.

Exactly!! Some of the best shooters I ever had had never shot anything in their life, hence they had no bad habits (Kentucky windage??) to correct. Listen to your PMI. He knows how to read the wind, clouds, sun, heat boils and everything else and will instruct you in making dope changes....except on qual day...you're on your own then, but you should have taken in some of the PMI's knowledge---unless you're a rock!

I had a WM that was a first-time shooter, at the stumps, that shot a 241, although I think I gave her special attention. She was a babe...I was single...lonely...hard up...you know, a typical Jarhead. Come to think of it, looking back at it 20+ years later----hmmm----she was a DOG. Oh well, any port in a storm!;)

iljw
10-27-09, 12:30 AM
I'm not worried about bootcamp... but how the hell did you deal with the wait beforehand? Its killing me. I am in a small area and we only have one recruiter so our functions are few and far between. Two months to go and I cant get it off my mind.

Marine84
10-27-09, 03:38 PM
WOW! Somebody dug to find this old thread.

Lisa 23
10-27-09, 04:13 PM
WOW! Somebody dug to find this old thread.
Yeah, how about that 84...and the thread is amost a year old besides...and the original poster hasn't been on here since the beginning of the year.
It would've made a lot more sence if this poolee who brought it back to life, would've just started a new one in the Ask A Marine forum.

Knudsen
10-27-09, 04:18 PM
Why do people sit on this website and just look for things poolee's are doing wrong or look for the same thread, should be helping them instead so they do well in boot camp ... but anyways congrats Marine! :beer:

Semper Fi!

Lisa 23
10-27-09, 04:19 PM
Why do people sit on this website and just look for things poolee's are doing wrong or look for the same thread, should be helping them instead so they do well in boot camp ... but anyways congrats Marine! :beer:

Semper Fi!
Why do poolees go around telling Marines what to do?
And DO NOT use Semper Fi....you don't rate it. It's in the site rules in the poolee forum, read them!

Knudsen
10-27-09, 04:51 PM
I'm not telling you what to do at all .. with no disrespect i was just SUGGESTING that maybe helping them would be the better thing to do ..

Lisa 23
10-27-09, 05:00 PM
Poolee...I did make a suggestion. I suggested that instead of bringing up an old thread and posting to someone who doesn't even come on this site anymore, to start a new one in the Ask A Marine forum.
Now...lets just leave it at that.