PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming

Gunner 0313
12-06-08, 12:31 AM
:flag: Global Warming, true or false ?

Pete0331
12-06-08, 01:16 AM
Who cares.
I'll be long gone before anything happens.

Screw my unborn grandchildren.

sparkie
12-06-08, 07:11 AM
Global warming,,,,true. My fault,,,false. The mars icecap shrinking is not my fault either. Neither were the glacers that passed over Ohio long ago. The drying up of the Great Basin in Utah and Nevada,,,,I didn't do it.
Does anyone know what the earth's temp is Supposed to be? Just askin.

Al Gore's temp,,,,,,,,,98.stupid.

sparkie
12-06-08, 07:17 AM
http://www.lolhome.com/img_big/funny-picture-3286400694.jpg

http://www.jimball.com.au/Global-warming-whose-to-blame.gif

JAGarland
12-06-08, 10:15 AM
False. It keeps getting colder in Florida and earlier and longer.

PaidinBlood
12-06-08, 10:23 AM
All I know from being stationed in CA is that my old Ford is laying waste to all the cute little bunnies and penguins and ****. I am pretty much a bad person and will be until I buy a Prius... Pretty much Armageddon under my hood.

PaidinBlood
12-06-08, 10:53 AM
Seriously, though, there's a big difference between the temp outside (which is subject to natural fluctuation and cycling) and the ignorant and self important thought that MAN is bringing about the End of Days. There's only One who can make that happen and he never told me jack about emissions and greenhouse gases. I ain't sweatin it. :cool:

yellowwing
12-06-08, 11:07 AM
Global Warming is the misnomer seized on by the anti ecology interests. It's Global Climate Change, and its happening with or without us.

What's going to happen economically when European cargo ship can cheaply sail directly to China-Siberia and back? Russia is now staking claims to mineral rights under the artic in anticipation of the ice cap melting.

sdk87to91
12-08-08, 10:42 AM
Climate change is now the new buzz word because folks figured out it wasn't neccesarily warming.

Man caused climate change is for pompous idiots that think they can understand and change the world. Unfortunately many who arent ecologists like me will listen with good intentions however ignorant those intentions are.

Too many of those who are ecologists will see the dollar $igns in research posibilities. Believe me if you are a scientist who claims to want to prove Global wamring or climate change is man caused you will find plenty of research money. I bet it is hard to get funds for the opposite hypothesis though right now.

CO2 is blamed now because it is a byproduct of our energy use which will always be targeted, by the human hating extremeist environmentalists.

H2O (water vapor--clouds) is a hugely more prevalent greenhouse gas than CO2 and will never be modeled and can never be measured. It negates any slight up or down of CO2.

Folks who like to fantasize about stopping change in the world, might as well try and stop a boulder from rolling downhill.
I myself am glad that things like Tyranosaurus Rex and small pox are extinct.....

hrscowboy
12-08-08, 10:45 AM
its all the american indians and african americans fault they need to stop barbqueing and puttin all that smoke in the air.. hahahaha

NoRemorse
12-09-08, 07:35 AM
CO2 actually follows changes in temperature; it doesn't cause them.

As for you HRS... you bringin' the beer? I got this baby fired up and blowing all sorts of smoke into the atmo.

Fire + meat = higher gas prices?

Gunner 0313
12-09-08, 09:13 AM
Climate change is now the new buzz word because folks figured out it wasn't neccesarily warming.

Man caused climate change is for pompous idiots that think they can understand and change the world. Unfortunately many who arent ecologists like me will listen with good intentions however ignorant those intentions are.

Too many of those who are ecologists will see the dollar $igns in research posibilities. Believe me if you are a scientist who claims to want to prove Global wamring or climate change is man caused you will find plenty of research money. I bet it is hard to get funds for the opposite hypothesis though right now.

CO2 is blamed now because it is a byproduct of our energy use which will always be targeted, by the human hating extremeist environmentalists.

H2O (water vapor--clouds) is a hugely more prevalent greenhouse gas than CO2 and will never be modeled and can never be measured. It negates any slight up or down of CO2.

Folks who like to fantasize about stopping change in the world, might as well try and stop a boulder from rolling downhill.
I myself am glad that things like Tyranosaurus Rex and small pox are extinct.....

:flag: I couldn't stop laughing because my thinking is along the same lines. I'm always saying that it is quite arrogant that humans think that they can change mother nature. Some douch* bag like Al friggin i'm a dumbas* Gore created a mega million dollar industry based on BS.

PaidinBlood
12-09-08, 09:15 AM
Now you have got that one right - the people spreading this nonsense are laughin all the way to the bank..

awbrown1462
12-09-08, 09:15 AM
If you can scare the people then you can sell them things that you say will help the world

SupChf
12-09-08, 09:36 AM
:flag: I couldn't stop laughing because my thinking is along the same lines. I'm always saying that it is quite arrogant that humans think that they can change mother nature. Some douch* bag like Al friggin i'm a dumbas* Gore created a mega million dollar industry based on BS.

I'll drink to that :beer:

Sgt Leprechaun
12-09-08, 09:46 AM
Mostly BS for sure. There is 'climate change', but much of it is because the earth is 'ever changing'. People, meaning, humans, can't do diddly about much of it.

Now, that having been said, some enviro-friendly rules (dealing with pollutants, smokestacks, dumping chems into the river, etc) are GOOD things overall and need to be enforced. While none of that stuff affects 'climate' per se, it does affect the ecosystem, and that can have direct human affects.

Gator347
12-09-08, 12:47 PM
When I was in Grad School in the Mid 80's the lakes at LSU Froze over. The same scientists claimed a new ice age was looming. The cause, "Green House Gasses" - Yea, all our CO2 was freezing the world. I guess the resarch money ran out for that!!!

Sgt Leprechaun
12-09-08, 12:55 PM
Yup. I remember reading Time magazine or some such in the late 70's/80's that was talking about the "coming ice age". And who can forget the 'population bomb' of the 1960's scare as well?

montana
12-09-08, 02:02 PM
being a raper of our forest for many years i took to looking a the rings of trees that have been here for huntreds of years befor me and my chainsaw mad them into stumps...the rings tell of hot dry years then moist cool years...humm like cycles???
also remember the line that methane from dairy cows was causing a depletion of the ozones...??? wonder what all the millions buffalo did to it....also remember stoys of the dust bowl...??? werent to many buffalo then and not a lot of dairys???...must a been the B.S....being spred around...thinkin thats whats causing global warming....the BS

Gator347
12-09-08, 02:22 PM
[must a been the B.S....being spred around...thinkin thats whats causing global warming....the BS[/quote]:scared:

AMEN:!: