PDA

View Full Version : Recycled?

CCraddock
12-06-08, 12:09 AM
Hey, I have a quick question for any Marine to answer... I have tried looking for an answer first but was unsuccessful..

I am wanting to know if you cant master something like shooting or anything, how does recycling go or is recycling only on special occassions and you just get kicked out?

rvillac2
12-06-08, 01:41 AM
You will be recycled if you fail all attempts to pass your exams or qualifications and keep up with your platoon's training cycle. If you fail to qualify on rifle, there is time for you to retrain and requal before getting dropped.

Why is this important to know? Just do it.

Marine84
12-06-08, 07:54 AM
That's the whole point of boot camp - to teach you how to master something.

Phantom Blooper
12-06-08, 08:08 AM
how does recycling go

They put you in a bin and set you out on the curb for the next herd to come by and pick you up.

A drill instructor is not going to recycle you if you show potential and a willingness to learn...unless you are belligerent,a rock, complete fuk up,or you have not what it takes to perform.

And you may not get recycled you may get sent home.

Don't go to boot camp with the worry of being recycled or sent home. You are defeating the purpose and you haven't even made it on first base yet.

You can be medically recycled for a small fixable problem...but cross that road if and when you come to it.

Failure is not an option! Change your mindset!:evilgrin:

sparkie
12-06-08, 08:11 AM
I spent 30 days extra PTn my azz off. Don't even think about it. I didn't have Leatherneck. com, for advice,,,,Al Gore haden't invented it yet.
Just do what we tell ya,,,,,,,,,,,

PaidinBlood
12-06-08, 08:18 AM
Hey, I have a quick question for any Marine to answer... I have tried looking for an answer first but was unsuccessful..

I am wanting to know if you cant master something like shooting or anything, how does recycling go or is recycling only on special occassions and you just get kicked out?

You won't get dropped for "failing to master" something, just for completely sucking at life. I'm serious. Besides, you are going about this all wrong, boss-don't start worrying about the negative. I am no expert (I was a boot camp waiver) but it seemed like the most frequent causes for drop were IST failure or sickness/injury.

Pneumonia is one that can get you dropped but again if you are not a piece of **** they will try to save you if they can. As for injury, it just happens and I don't know why. Some people say a sedentary life prior to service puts you at risk. Most of the MRP drops I saw were the ones who had thrashed their body in high school sports. Then again we had a 30+ year old lawyer who broke (injured it, anyway) his ankle on the Reaper. He made it home so they let him graduate with us. Not sure if any of this helped, but good luck to you. :usmc:

CH53MetalMan
12-06-08, 08:46 AM
You're enlisting in the Corps to be a lean, mean, fighting machine and nothing is going to stop you from accomplishing that task. Welcome all the hurdles that are thrown up in front of you. It may well be the greatest challenge of your lifetime, but isn't that what you want if you're aiming for the Marine Corps?

And never, ever drop out of a run. Never. Just imagine someone about to bayonet you from behind and keep on keeping on!

Shooting the rifle is fun. It's part mental and part mechanics, they'll spend pleanty of time teaching you both. After a week of 'snaping in' or 'dry fire' you'll be so happy shooting the damn thing, you'll suprise yourself with how easy it is to shoot very, very well.

CCraddock
12-06-08, 10:58 AM
Thanx for all the replys, im def not going in with the mindset of failing or being dropper.. its just one of those questions i wanted to ask. I leave Jan 5th but wanting it to hurry up already

CH53MetalMan
12-06-08, 12:00 PM
Work out every other day. Pull-ups, push-ups, mountan climbers, twists, jumping jacks, leg lifts, crunches & sit-ups.

Heavy weights are not necessary.

Run every other day.

You'll have no problem, Boot Camp will be smooth sailing.

Enjoy the challenge.

Enigmatic
12-06-08, 12:26 PM
Man, I was scared to death of being dropped to another company when I was in boot camp. We all were, because our graduation date was the 19th of December. The next company, I think it was Fox, not sure, didn't pick up until almost a month after we had. So if you got dropped, you wouldn't graduate until like the 15th of January!

Looking back, we all were scared of missing Christmas with the families and having to spend another month on the depot, but most of us turned out fine. And truth be told, after a while boot camp became so......normal...to me that I think I would've been fine with staying another month.

sparkie
12-06-08, 10:00 PM
"boot camp became so......normal...to me that I think I would've been fine with staying another month."

WOW,,,, I don't believe you considered yourself a weakbody, being thrown in with the fatbodys,,,,,,, Another month of pure PT? Think about that comment of yours, Brother.

Enigmatic
12-06-08, 10:55 PM
WOW,,,, I don't believe you considered yourself a weakbody, being thrown in with the fatbodys,,,,,,, Another month of pure PT? Think about that comment of yours, Brother.

Just saying, another month of being in there with another platoon wouldn't have killed me. Hell, I missed boot camp after I left. Think a lot of us did.

PaidinBlood
12-06-08, 10:59 PM
Yeah those delays can sometimes seem huge at the time. I graduated Jul 1st, and was real worried about making the 4th of July. Looking back, we missed all kinds of holidays in training and deployment-who cares? Or when I got to SOI and went to guard for 2 whopping weeks:sick:. I was so distraught that it is hilarious to me now. :D

Enigmatic
12-06-08, 11:04 PM
Yeah I remember being in Camp Johnson for my MOS school begging to God that they would let me go home for some 96. Once I got to my first duty station though, they practically had to force me to take leave so I wouldn't lose it.

oifvet23
12-12-08, 01:14 AM
boot camp for some is the best 3 months of their enlistment