PDA

View Full Version : Wearing Utility Cover in Drill Halls

rebelyellUSMC
12-05-08, 07:14 PM
Good Evening All,

I am a Staff Sergeant in the Young Marines and I can't find the uniform regulation on whether or not we can wear covers in the drill hall of the Marine Corps Reserve building we use for drills. We use the same uniform regulations as the Marine Corps, but when I searched MCO P1020.34(Web)
MARINE CORPS UNIFORM REGULATIONS and couldn't find anything. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Pete0331
12-06-08, 12:25 AM
Good Evening All,

I am a Staff Sergeant in the Young Marines and I can't find the uniform regulation on whether or not we can wear covers in the drill hall of the Marine Corps Reserve building we use for drills. We use the same uniform regulations as the Marine Corps, but when I searched MCO P1020.34(Web)
MARINE CORPS UNIFORM REGULATIONS and couldn't find anything. Any help is greatly appreciated.

They only time a Marine will wear a cover indoors is when they are under arms or when they are instructed to do so by a superior.

thewookie
12-06-08, 12:36 AM
Good Evening All,

Just curious, SSgt., did you serve in the Marine Corps?

Wyoming
12-06-08, 08:37 AM
Just curious, SSgt., did you serve in the Marine Corps?

He's 18 Wook!

thewookie
12-06-08, 11:15 AM
I saw that, Al, after the fact, but the question was legitimate (or at least I think.)

I will follow up with this question to the original poster -

I understand what the Young Marines are about, one of the guys in our MCL runs the local chapter. He is a Marine, not on active duty, but I think he was a Marine Major. With that being said - I expect that a Marine would be the best teacher; perhaps, not the only one, but the best teacher of Young Marines. So, what do you bring to the table if you are not a Marine? To be clear, my intent is not to embarrass or ridicule you because you are not a Marine - think of my question as more of a job interview question.

You came to us seeking answers and before we can properly answer you, we/I need to know one thing from you first. Thanks.

SF Marines :flag:

Sgt Leprechaun
12-17-08, 09:35 AM
It's now been 12 days. Was this question answered off line, Wook?

If not, I'll be contacting the original poster.