PDA

View Full Version : OJ gets 15

jetdawgg
12-05-08, 01:03 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2008/12/05/o-j-gets-15-years/

O.J. pleaded his case to the judge before she sentenced him, but to no avail.

Simpson was convicted on October 3 of 10 criminal counts, including kidnapping, armed robbery and burglary after he and a few pals broke into a Nevada hotel room in an attempt to recover allegedly stolen sports memorabilia.

Simpson's cohort, CJ Stewart, was also sentenced to 16 years. He is eligible for parole after six.

David Cook, a lawyer for the Goldman family, tells TMZ, "Fred Goldman is certainly going to wish Mr. Simpson a pleasant journey."

rheinmark187
12-05-08, 01:08 PM
All of this is hard to believe. I'm sure quite a few atheists have converted to Buddhism, because if that isn't Karma, I don't know what is.

SGT7477
12-05-08, 01:21 PM
The asswipe will get out early.

spotts
12-05-08, 01:32 PM
Wonder if he will be sent to a real correctional facility or a country club for the rich and famous.

usmchauer
12-05-08, 01:46 PM
Wonder if he will be sent to a real correctional facility or a country club for the rich and famous.

Me too. He should consider himself fortunate. The judge made each sentence concurrent, not consecutive. Had it been the opposite, he would have been looking at 35+ years.

hrscowboy
12-05-08, 04:47 PM
He should have got more for My moneys worth and a little tazering throwed in to boot hes a dead man walkin thats for sure..

Big Jim
12-05-08, 05:08 PM
You know dam well he'll be welcomed like a hero where ever he goes anyway. No matter what institution he goes to and for that reason, he should get at least one full year in solitary conefinement. Thats 23 hours a day locked down and 1/2 hour for some recreation and 1/2 hour to wash his scuzzy azz. He should have been locked up long time ago!!!

SlingerDun
12-05-08, 06:47 PM
In 95' six men halted work at International Collision Repair to gather around a portable TV for OJ's acquittal announcement.....nobody said a word and after about a 4 second silence we all shuffled back to work.

As i was ironically prepping a damaged vehicle for new life, there was a confirming moment when i realized: with sufficient fame, money and skilled representation one can damn near get away with anything. For awhile! hehehe here's to ya Orenthal:beer:

sparkie
12-05-08, 08:06 PM
Youall still under the impression he's guilty of murder,,,,,, I can't help ya. As far as the current issue,,,,,most all in that position woulda got probation.

Big Jim
12-05-08, 10:36 PM
The judge made clear of what she was going by....minimum of 9 years served up to 30 years. She even said that she was going by just the armed robbery in court and all the other charges are running...

thewookie
12-06-08, 01:20 AM
THE JUICE IS NOT ON THE LOOSE ANYMORE.

It Couldn't Have Happened To A More Deserving Person.

tripledog
12-07-08, 06:07 AM
I suppose I am confused and saddened by some remarks on this subject. Here we all gave part of our lives to protect the constitution, the country and the people from tyranny. <br />
<br />
Yet, here is a guy...

thewookie
12-07-08, 09:00 AM
He was convicted and given punishment for being a gun weilding thug and punk. <br />
<br />
Why does that bother you? <br />
<br />
I could care less what he did back then, they acquitted him, maybe he got off and was...

hrscowboy
12-07-08, 09:09 AM
He didnt do any cryin in the courtroom that i saw, but you can bet your arse if i had been there I would have lighted him up with my tazer and he would have been really cryin then...

SgtThrasher
12-07-08, 09:25 AM
Howard Cosel used to say"Miami has the oranges,but Buffalo has got the juice",err Las Vegas has the juice now!:cry:

thewookie
12-07-08, 09:34 AM
Howard Cosel used to say"Miami has the oranges,but Buffalo has got the juice",err Las Vegas has the juice now!:cry:

Yeah, Howard loved OJ.

Really is too bad cause the guy could run with the rock.

But, you can't be anyone, nevermind a high profile guy like him and come bursting into a hotel room with guns at the ready, no way.

I think justice was served, but the problem is - most people who support OJ will not see the justice here, they say he got shafted for what happened before.

You can't co-mingle the crimes, he was found guilty by his peers this time, was given his time according to the laws, and now he's sleeping on a cement rack or something comfortable like that.

I can't tell you if he's guilty or not of killing his old lady and her boy toy, but he should have know better this time, and for that he's probably going to spend the rest of his life in the can.

I say it's only a matter of time now that he's in there for the long-haul that he comes out and admits to it......

Anyone wanna bet?

Big Jim
12-07-08, 10:39 AM
You say this is a railroading... yet you maintain you hate his sorry ass and even say that the last court was wrong in the case of his being tried for murder. How in the hell could it be a...

yellowwing
12-07-08, 11:04 AM
So what's the usual sentence for Armed Robbery and Kidnapping in Las Vegas? Would have Joe the Thug also been sentenced to 15 years?

Big Jim
12-07-08, 11:16 AM
So what's the usual sentence for Armed Robbery and Kidnapping in Las Vegas? Would have Joe the Thug also been sentenced to 15 years?

He was sentenced to 33 possible years earliest for all his crimes there in vegas and 9 years is the earliest possible time he could be released according to that armed robbery crime and all the other sentences are running at the same time or concurrently. But the sentence has an open tail on it to be approved by the Nevada Parole Authority. I'm not an expert on Nevada law but I say he got off really light after a possible 9 years release eligibility!! Don't you think...?? I don't know where the 15 years came from, brother....but hell yes....9 years for what he done?

The public is making this about the other crime and case but the judge stayed on course and even stipulated that in her speech to him and to the public watching the case. But, I always have believe what goes around...comes back around.....

FistFu68
12-07-08, 12:21 PM
:evilgrin: IF YOU CAN'T DO THE TIME DON'T DO THA' CRIME :evilgrin: :iwo:

rheinmark187
12-08-08, 07:07 PM
Not true. He had the trial moved (which happens often) to a downtown trial where the majority of the jurors were African American. After the trial, the non-black jurors all said that they regretted...

OLE SARG
12-08-08, 08:04 PM
Well put FIST!!!!!!

He DID THE CRIME, now it's time to pay his time!!!!!!

His tears were as fake as his pleas!!!

SEMPER FI,

tripledog
12-08-08, 08:33 PM
I sure feel for some of you guys. You probally wouldnt know justice if it hit you in the face. You guys that think he got what any other offender would get, live in the dream world. That was and is the poiint of my post. You dont get the time he got for what he did. Period. Check history.
Yes, I hate his sorry ass, and I do believe, without any doubt , that he wasted his wife and her you know what. Did he escape justice there? Sure he did. Did he recieve justice in this case? Not anywhere near it.

When you wake up in the am, you stop and read the papers, drug dealers, killers, child rapists, muggers, poilitical theives, GET PROBATION . Kidnapping? Give me a break, what did Patty Hearst get?

Funny , funny funny, some of your opinons of what equal is.

Big Jim
12-08-08, 09:16 PM
Look man, I understand what you're TRYING to say but the only person who &quot;dreams&quot; they have a grip on reality here is you!! You're the only person here who honestly believes OJ's case is a sham!! ...

jetdawgg
12-09-08, 06:34 AM
Does working in law ENFORCEMENT make one a legal expert?

Big Jim
12-09-08, 07:07 AM
No it doesn't...far from it.... but it does make one have a full understanding of the justice system and its workings and the people we are charged with arresting and supervising and being...

Wyoming
12-09-08, 07:26 AM
Well put FIST!!!!!!

He DID THE CRIME, now it's time to pay his time!!!!!!

His tears were as fake as his pleas!!!

SEMPER FI,

Sure were, just as fake as Jesse Jackson's were after the election.

thewookie
12-09-08, 07:27 AM
I sure feel for some of you guys. You probally wouldnt know justice if it hit you in the face. You guys that think he got what any other offender would get, live in the dream world. That was and is the poiint of my post. You dont get the time he got for what he did. Period. Check history.
Yes, I hate his sorry ass, and I do believe, without any doubt , that he wasted his wife and her you know what. Did he escape justice there? Sure he did. Did he recieve justice in this case? Not anywhere near it.

When you wake up in the am, you stop and read the papers, drug dealers, killers, child rapists, muggers, poilitical theives, GET PROBATION . Kidnapping? Give me a break, what did Patty Hearst get?

Funny , funny funny, some of your opinons of what equal is.

You can't co-mingle and compare crimes of celebrity, tripledog, each case is different and you just gotta leave it at that.

Comparing Patty Hearst to OJ - dontcha think that's a stretch? Maybe if GW gives Juice the Presidential pardon before he leaves then you might be able to say their cases are related, but that's about it.

I will agree with you that he might have gotten some extra time due to his celebrity, but again, it is what it is. He knew the risks involved. They might be making an example of him and if so, too bad, he knew the risks of being a thug.

When I was overseas on active duty we all would get libo briefs where they would tell us that if we screwed up - especially a drinking related incident - then we would pay a hefty fine. Much more then civilians for the same crime. Why was that, I dunno, (well, I do) but that's just what they said.

It was what it was.

Don't do the crime and you won't do the time.

Maybe our jails are a little full, and the time for the crime isn't legit; but if you can't squeeze a little Juice in the jail - then what's the fun of going to work for guys like Big Jim. I hope he's getting harrased and his life socks - he had it all and now he's only a number.

I wonder if they gave him his old number 32? That would be cool.;)

Big Jim
12-09-08, 07:47 AM
You can't co-mingle and compare crimes of celebrity, tripledog, each case is different and you just gotta leave it at that.

Comparing Patty Hearst to OJ - dontcha think that's a stretch? Maybe if GW gives Juice the Presidential pardon before he leaves then you might be able to say their cases are related, but that's about it.

I will agree with you that he might have gotten some extra time due to his celebrity, but again, it is what it is. He knew the risks involved. They might be making an example of him and if so, too bad, he knew the risks of being a thug.

When I was overseas on active duty we all would get libo briefs where they would tell us that if we screwed up - especially a drinking related incident - then we would pay a hefty fine. Much more then civilians for the same crime. Why was that, I dunno, (well, I do) but that's just what they said.

It was what it was.

Don't do the crime and you won't do the time.

Maybe our jails are a little full, and the time for the crime isn't legit; but if you can't squeeze a little Juice in the jail - then what's the fun of going to work for guys like Big Jim. I hope he's getting harrased and his life socks - he had it all and now he's only a number.

I wonder if they gave him his old number 32? That would be cool.;)

Thanks brother Wook...if you ever need a job...come apply at my prison. All Marine Corps veterans get the hiring preferred status!! If it was all up to me, I'd hire nothing but veterans...but I do have policies to follow...LOL..!!

jetdawgg
12-09-08, 09:16 AM
http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/images/gallery/oj-simpson-book-cover.jpg

OLE SARG
12-10-08, 08:19 PM
Well said Big Jim and I agree. <br />
<br />
I think dawg don't like us cops and x-cops!!!!!!:bunny: <br />
<br />
SEMPER FI,

FistFu68
12-10-08, 10:09 PM
:evilgrin: FUC DAWGG 2,WITH ALL DUE RESPECT;HE'S STILL A MARINE, NOW WE PUT HIS AZZ ON M.P. DUTY DURING THE RACE RIOTS IN THE(USMC)I HAVE NO DOUBTS THAT THIS MARINE WOULD HAVE DONE HIS DUTY.YES OUR CONCIENCE DOES AFFECT US AS HUMANS.BUT MARINES DO WHAT THEY DO.MERRY CHRISTMAS 2 EVERY1 THAT READ THIS. S/F:beer::iwo: