PDA

View Full Version : AF versus AG contract

mjs2000us
12-04-08, 10:28 AM
Hello,

I have signed the AG contract, however my recruiter tells me that I will need to change to AF. My eyesight dq's me from most of the jobs under the AG contract. My question is "what is the difference between the AF and AG program codes?
He says the only difference is that AG is for helicopters and AF is for the fixed wing.

Thanks

yellowwing
12-04-08, 12:49 PM
For a minute there I thought you were talking AF/AG as Air Force/Air Guard.

Do us old timers a favor and tell us the numeric MOS designations for AF/AG. We have plenty of Marine Air Wing Veterans, just give us a clue and we can maybe help.

mjs2000us
12-04-08, 02:22 PM
Yes Sir.

Program Code: AG
The Program Description is Air Crew / Flight Mechanic / Navigator. The MOS options are 6100 / 6200 / 7300

Program Code: AF
Program Description: Aviation Mechanic

MOS in Option:
6000-Aircraft Maintenance
6100-Aircraft Maintenance (Rotary Wing)
6200-Aircraft Maintenance (Fixed Wing)

mjs2000us
12-04-08, 02:36 PM
Yes Sir.

Program Code: AG
The Program Description is Air Crew / Flight Mechanic / Navigator. The MOS options are 6100 / 6200 / 7300

Program Code: AF
Program Description: Aviation Mechanic

MOS in Option:
6000-Aircraft Maintenance
6100-Aircraft Maintenance (Rotary Wing)
6200-Aircraft Maintenance (Fixed Wing)

This is very explanatory. I have told my recruiter about my wanting an MOS in Aircrew or Air Traffic Control. I'm supposed to be leaving in 4 days and he's really pushing this contract, saying that I have a chance at the aircrew or controller jobs if I am in this program. Has anyone had any luck in this contract as far as getting aircrew or air traffic controller? any other input is great!

re8elmonk0341
12-05-08, 11:56 PM
Go UH lol....Thats Infantry Option for all you "old timer"
Ask your recruiter....if you haven't done so already to read the MOS manual. It should have all the MOS and job descriptions.

Enigmatic
12-06-08, 12:59 PM
For a minute there I thought you were talking AF/AG as Air Force/Air Guard.

Do us old timers a favor and tell us the numeric MOS designations for AF/AG. We have plenty of Marine Air Wing Veterans, just give us a clue and we can maybe help.

Yes please, that goes for all poolees...I'm not an old-timer but I have no clue what contract is what...I don't even know what contract I signed up for, just know it was Legal Admin....Monk, what is that? The FU contract? Lol...

mjs2000us
12-06-08, 01:52 PM
After doing some digging and having a long discussion with my recruiter, I have decided to go "Aviation Mech". I joke with my folks saying " I'm gonna call you guys up and be like 'listen to this engine "purr"' Yeah I did that, oh now hear it peaking here". haha... It will be really interesting working on the planes. Thanks everyone! See you in 3 months

re8elmonk0341
12-06-08, 02:41 PM
Yes please, that goes for all poolees...I'm not an old-timer but I have no clue what contract is what...I don't even know what contract I signed up for, just know it was Legal Admin....Monk, what is that? The FU contract? Lol...

Legal Admin....Lets see......Yup FU, your right :).
Off the top of my head I think it's B5. ahahahah