PDA

View Full Version : Dress Blue Bravos

Majesty305
12-03-08, 11:02 PM
Hey Marines!

I did a bit of searching and i got what i needed!
but i wanted to ask for some tips

Tomorrow evening, Me and a couple of other marines are going out for a good night in our blues!

Now this is the question white gloves yes or no?
and, I really don't want to carry my phone and wallet all around town and
i know we're not allowed to put anything in our pockets any tips ?
Cause i was thinking of just putting my licence and debit card in a pocket since its sleek and not noticible but yeah..

Thanks in advance!

(If this was the wrong area to post this, Can it be Moved to its appropriate location? thanks)

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-03-08, 11:06 PM
There are "pocket" things you can get that strap to your calf. They're big enough for a wallet, maybe a cell phone if it is thin.

In all honesty, I usually stuffed my wallet in a sock and took everything off my keys other than the car key and dropped that in a pocket. Cell phones are more troublesome, but in all honesty- is there any reason that people HAVE to be able to get in touch with you while you're out?

Majesty305
12-03-08, 11:15 PM
There are "pocket" things you can get that strap to your calf. They're big enough for a wallet, maybe a cell phone if it is thin.

In all honesty, I usually stuffed my wallet in a sock and took everything off my keys other than the car key and dropped that in a pocket. Cell phones are more troublesome, but in all honesty- is there any reason that people HAVE to be able to get in touch with you while you're out?

Hey Cpl thanks for the tips!
as far as the cellphone i'd just want to keep it with me incase of emergency and have some sort of communication, but i know what you mean.

brian21johansen
12-03-08, 11:21 PM
White gloves.....no. You will be wearing your dress blue Bravo's not Alpha's(I hope you know this and know what the differences are)

Your ID, license and credit card should be carried in your left breast pocket. What else out of your wallet are you gonna need??? Just stick with the basics. If you have leave papers they need to be in your possession at ALL times.

As far as a cell phone, yea your not supposed to carry it in a pocket and carrying it in your hand all night doesn't sound too practical. I'll wait for another Marine to answer this question but I do have to say that it is important to bring it with you. What if there is an emergency or something goes wrong? What if your command needs to get a hold of you (assuming you even belong to a command yet...I'm assuming based on your rank and questions asked that you are on boot leave). I'm not telling you to put it in your pocket......just to bring it with you. You might be able to get away with putting it in your pocket....but don't even THINK about walking and talking on a cell phone while in uniform. Remember that you represent the Marine Corps and the military as a whole while in uniform...it is your job to present a positive image of our Marine Corps to the public.

Here's what I'd do about the cell phone: Find a cute girl to bring with you the night you go out....then make her carry your phone.:marine:

Majesty305
12-05-08, 10:19 AM
Last night was awesome :)
Met some great people! retired marines
crazy! got 50% at this expensive ass restaurant ate some "Maine Lobster"
we got VIP At a club.. and i got **** faced!

i kept everything in order, kept it clean!
no walking and talking on a cell phone cause I LOST IT LMAO!!!!!

Met This retired Captain
He was like i'm so happy to see you young Marines Partying
you deserve it! And we had some jealous PUNKS screaming BOOTS BOOTS! the retired captain was next to a Salty Lcpl that went crazy on them! oh man

Semper FI! The Corps IS Small its everywhere
as soon as i can i'll put some pics up for all of you to chew me out!
cause you all know what to look for but yeah!

DI Sgt Spofford
"Work Hard, Play Hard! But you ain't playing like no ***** either" lol

AWESOME!!