PDA

View Full Version : War on Terror through a Marines eyes

Poolee Snell
12-03-08, 12:57 PM
Why I ask this question:
I'm doing a research paper I have to write to graduate high school. I figure what's a better subject than the Marine Corps. I want to just talk of how you guys are the best. My teacher told me it is a really cool idea but I have to include something controversal today. I desided to talk about what the Marines are fighting in the War on Terror.

I hope the question isn't too deep, because for some this may be a very deep question.

My question:
What have you seen fighting this war and what are your thoughts and/or feelings from what you've done in war?

Thank you Marines :flag: for everything!

Marine84
12-03-08, 01:25 PM
I doubt you're going to get any of them to talk about it but, good luck.

0231Marine
12-03-08, 01:43 PM
What have you seen fighting this war and what are your thoughts and/or feelings from what you've done in war?

Just write, "War Sucks" and then, "The End"

I can understand and appreciate your intentions but I would suggest you either choose another topic regarding the Marine Corps or rephrase your question so you gear it in another direction. I for one am not about to sit here and type out the things I've seen and done in combat, things that are hard to quantify to someone like yourself who has yet to see or do anything similar. No offense but those things are left to be shared with my fellow Marines and you just don't rate yet.

However, if you can come up with a different topic regarding the Marine Corps, I'd be more than happy to share my opinions/insight and I'm sure some of the others on here would too.

Poolee Snell
12-04-08, 12:02 PM
[quote=0231Marine;418572]Just write, "War Sucks" and then, "The End"

I can't imagine what war is like but what your fighting for is priceless. Maybe I shouldn't have asked that question because it could bring up things a Marine wouldn't want to share with me or with anyone at all.

Would it be appropriate for me to ask if you ever saw something that made you go damn I am doing an incredible thing for maybe a child you seen there or when you see America's flag wave in the wind?

If this topic is just F***ed up for me to write could you help a Poolee in finding something else controversal to write Sir?

rvillac2
12-04-08, 12:26 PM
Do a search on conscientious objector. It's controversial and most Marines would not mind expressing their opinion on it.

0231Marine
12-04-08, 01:37 PM
Do a search on conscientious objector. It's controversial and most Marines would not mind expressing their opinion on it.

Now there is a topic I wouldn't mind discussing!

Poolee Snell
12-04-08, 03:31 PM
Awesome! Thank you Marines I have never heard of this topic and it seems very interesting.
I will have to do a lot of research before I find any questions to ask but if I do find anything I don't understand it would be highly appreciated if you could answer them for me.
Maybe if anyone knows of a good webpage or book that could help me would be helpful. I need at least two solid internet sources and two books.

Poolee Snell
12-04-08, 03:56 PM
Alright getting a little bored here. It's a bunch of hippie, SP BULLSH*T
My problem with writting a paper on these F*cks is I'll want to take a side but my teacher said taking a side is a no no with this paper.

Marine84
12-04-08, 03:58 PM
How about we just write it for you kid?!?!?!

Do your research and come back - we all luuuuuuuuv this topic!

yellowwing
12-04-08, 04:28 PM
Alright getting a little bored here. It's a bunch of hippie, SP BULLSH*T
My problem with writting a paper on these F*cks is I'll want to take a side but my teacher said taking a side is a no no with this paper.

"I'm doing a research paper I have to write to graduate high school." - What class is this exactly?

Take another look at the Take No Sides requirements. Fast forward yourself to two years from now when you could be slinging rounds down range in Afghanistan.

Would you want a conscientious objector sharing your fire sector? Perhaps then you can write how you could see a proccess where a conscientious objector could avoid his obligation.

Poolee Snell
12-04-08, 09:17 PM
How about we just write it for you kid?!?!?!

Do your research and come back - we all luuuuuuuuv this topic!

I will do the rest from here mam. I will share with you what I learned when I'm done with my paper.

Poolee Snell
12-04-08, 09:23 PM
"I'm doing a research paper I have to write to graduate high school." - What class is this exactly?

Take another look at the Take No Sides requirements. Fast forward yourself to two years from now when you could be slinging rounds down range in Afghanistan.

Would you want a conscientious objector sharing your fire sector? Perhaps then you can write how you could see a proccess where a conscientious objector could avoid his obligation.

Thank you Cpl. You gave me a much better understanding!:thumbup:

and the class is Current World Issues sir.

Marine84
12-05-08, 09:48 PM
I will do the rest from here mam. I will share with you what I learned when I'm done with my paper.

You do that Grasshoppa.