PDA

View Full Version : OMPF/MBS request info

Petz
12-03-08, 09:55 AM
Marines,

this is for those who would like to get a copy of their OMPF/MBS for their personal record but are uncertain what/where they need to send the request. Below is the format required by HQMC. Semper Fi Mac

smb.manpower.mmsb@usmc.mil is the email to send your request to.

subject: OMPF/MBS request

Manpower Staff,

I am requesting a copy of my OMPF and MBS. I thank you for your time.

Enclosed is the required information in accordance with the M&RA web-page.

Ian M. Marine
xxx-xx-xxxx
1775 Devil Dog lane
Camp Pendleton, CA 92055
I would like a copy of my OMPF and MBS

R/S
SSgt Petzold

SSgt McCord
04-05-09, 08:30 AM
How long does this take and idea?

SSgt McCord

Petz
04-05-09, 09:53 AM
took me about 3 weeks from request to receiving.

cplwatson2dsrig
04-05-09, 10:57 AM
How does this differ from an SRB, or is it the same and just named different now a days?

Semper fi

Petz
04-05-09, 01:36 PM
it's mostly for Sgts and above... has all our fitreps and stuff in it... but there is one for every Marine as it has all your awards and what not in it.

MT3533
04-05-09, 05:15 PM
I needed my OMPF as a CPL to start my PSEP, just so I had all my contracts and school dates and the page 11 info. The OMPF is basically your SRB after the audits that the SRB clerk did and scanned onto a CD-Rom disk. If you have been out for a bit, you will need to send off a hard copy request with your ink signature. If you are still in you can E-mail with the form that SSgt Petzold posted.

Semper Fi

cplwatson2dsrig
04-05-09, 06:24 PM
I needed my OMPF as a CPL to start my PSEP, just so I had all my contracts and school dates and the page 11 info. The OMPF is basically your SRB after the audits that the SRB clerk did and scanned onto a CD-Rom disk. If you have been out for a bit, you will need to send off a hard copy request with your ink signature. If you are still in you can E-mail with the form that SSgt Petzold posted.

Semper Fi

OK, I have all that info then, I was not sure if this was something additional I needed to get, thanks.

Semper fi

MT3533
04-05-09, 07:53 PM
I also brought along my copies of my Med/ and dental just in case. I had tattoos noted on my exit physical, plus one that was put on after I got out. For what I understand, the Corps is frowning on tattoos these days, but I should be good because they were documented before I EAS'd

echo3oscar1833
04-05-09, 11:00 PM
How does this differ from an SRB, or is it the same and just named different now a days?

Semper fi

Your OMPF is your SRB, its all on CD when they mail it to you, so make sure you have a computer, or have access to it. I requested mine in 2007. To correct SSgt Petzold, not to intervien, or overide what you said, but the abilty to request your OMPF is not just tailored to Sergeants and above, its for any Marine that wants to. No reason it that it would be tailored for just Sgts and above. Agian not trying to step on you SSgt Petzold just letting all Marines know they can request theres. Its all under the Freedom of Information Act.:marine:

Petz
04-06-09, 08:01 AM
you did clarify... I didn't mean to say it was JUST for Sgts and above... just that it's more for the use of Sgts and above for our promotion boards. I guess it's not a bad idea to request your OMPF as a Cpl to ensure you have everything in order before you become a Sgt...

psyclopsus
06-18-09, 08:42 PM
One other note of clarification SSgt Petzold. I sent an E-Mail for my OMPF and got this response about 4 days later:

Sir:
I am unable to process your request for your OMPF. I am only allowed to
accept emails from your Official Military Account. Please resbumit using
that email address or you can fax a written, signed request to me at
703-784-5792

I got out in 2003 and don't remember if I had an "official military account." If I did I certainly don't remember the login details.

Petz
06-18-09, 08:48 PM
If I could edit my OP I would, I should add that after I posted this I ended up faxing it via kinkos/fedex to that very number (still got the confirmation slip)

sorry to all you guys for the mis-leading info.

that official account is your NMCI account, which as a Cpl in most MOSs you probably didn't rate outside of a billet... and was closed when you EAS'd.

dolphinluva32
06-25-09, 02:14 PM
how long does it take for me to get this...??

Lisa 23
06-25-09, 02:19 PM
dolphinluva32...how about squaring away your profile so we know who we're talking to. :thumbup:

Supersquishy
06-25-09, 02:20 PM
Depends on if you know how to use a FAX machine since your still in service, 2 weeks for them to ship the CD to you. For all other Marines that are out of the system(3 years or more) Must have a signed request with your info.

PaidinBlood
06-28-09, 01:30 AM
So if I have NMCI and I'm just bored I can request it by email...?

Quinbo
06-28-09, 04:01 AM
The master brief sheet is a separate article from the OMPF. Master brief sheets mainly contain all your fitness report markings. For someone that has never recieved a fitness report it would look pretty empty. That is where the Sgt and above thing got into the conversation.

killbodies3027
06-28-09, 09:28 AM
If I could edit my OP I would, I should add that after I posted this I ended up faxing it via kinkos/fedex to that very number (still got the confirmation slip)

sorry to all you guys for the mis-leading info.

that official account is your NMCI account, which as a Cpl in most MOSs you probably didn't rate outside of a billet... and was closed when you EAS'd.

You just faxed them a signed copy of the same information in your original post?

phang
08-12-09, 12:48 AM
SSgt, Thank you for posting this.

JarWife4Life
10-21-09, 02:55 PM
I know this post may be a lil outdated, but when we sent off for my husbands OMPF/MSB we sent the fax on a sat and had the CD in the mail that following Wed. so in total it took 4 days. It may be different lenghts of times for each Marine

usmcK405
11-18-11, 10:50 AM
I know that this topic has been dead for quite some time now. I just have one question. I sent a request in for my OMPF. Will I hear back from them confirming that they have in fact received my request?

iaadame
01-15-13, 06:19 PM
What is the fax Number to request my OMPF? and what do I need to submit? is there a form or do I just write something down on a blank sheet of Paper? Also I have been out for some time now

musslewhite
07-12-13, 02:32 AM
Medical discharged 1987. I went one way and my service medical records went another, and I never saw them again. Now I need to make a VA claim for an additional service-connected injury and...