PDA

View Full Version : Being A Marine During A Duration Of 4 Years

Zach Tyler
12-02-08, 02:33 AM
So I Am Interested In Joining The Marine Corps. Score High And Get A
Laid Back Job..im Guessing.. Where I Will Hopefully Have A Little More Time For School. Now My Other Option Is The Airforce Because They Have A Lot More Time For Education. Though I Need To Build Self Discipline Big Time.. My Dad Is A Former Marine For 11 Years..he Was Infantry. .anyway He Told Me That I Will Enjoy The Marines For The First 6 Or 7 Months But Then The Rest Is Going To Be Busy As Hell And You Will Be Working Constantly With Little Time To Do Any School. I Mean Does It Get That Busy?? My Main Reason More The Military Is Education! I Want To Be An Actor, Pssycologist And A Musician, Can I Be All Of Those?? And If I Join The Airforce Somehow Ill Be Happier Later On Like 2 Years In..but With The Marines Ill Be Mad 2 Years In.. Im So Stuck Right Now =/

0231Marine
12-02-08, 06:57 AM
Read this first - http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59447

Fill out your profile second

Then ask questions!

Marine84
12-02-08, 08:05 AM
ROTFLMAO! Two dumba$$e$ in one day....................WTF?

Wyoming
12-02-08, 08:14 AM
ROTFLMAO! Two dumba$$e$ in one day....................WTF?

Holy ****ing ****.

My Gawd Kim, are these our FUTURE???

Pete0331
12-02-08, 08:21 AM
Laid Back Job..im Guessing.. Where I Will Hopefully Have A Little More Time For School. Now My Other Option Is The Airforce Because They Have A Lot More Time For Education. Though I Need To Build Self Discipline Big Time.. My Dad Is A Former Marine For 11 Years..he Was Infantry. .anyway He Told Me That I Will Enjoy The Marines For The First 6 Or 7 Months But Then The Rest Is Going To Be Busy As Hell And You Will Be Working Constantly With Little Time To Do Any School. I Mean Does It Get That Busy?? My Main Reason More The Military Is Education! I Want To Be An Actor, Pssycologist And A Musician, Can I Be All Of Those?? And If I Join The Airforce Somehow Ill Be Happier Later On Like 2 Years In..but With The Marines Ill Be Mad 2 Years In.. Im So Stuck Right Now =/

Your post makes me want to beat a litter of kittens with a golf club.

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-02-08, 08:21 AM
Education is a possibility in any service, but not promised to you. You could deploy often, even in the Air Force. If you're hooking bombs on planes in Afghanistan you're not going to have time to take college classes, no matter what uniform you're wearing.

But since your post looks like you need elementary grammar rather than college courses, maybe your command could work something out.

Enigmatic
12-02-08, 10:12 AM
This has GOT to be some bored Marine playing on his computer...an actor, pyschologist and a musician? LMAO.....

rvillac2
12-02-08, 10:35 AM
Anyone else think "Dear Chili..."

awbrown1462
12-02-08, 10:47 AM
laid back job in the Marines?????

KawiGunny
12-02-08, 11:41 AM
Do NOT join our Corps. Stay at home where you can mooch off mom and dad as long as you can then join the Air Force. With that type of attitude, you won't make it anyway. Save the DI's and other instructors the hassel of having to deal with your lazy arse.

Marine84
12-02-08, 06:25 PM
I'm still laughing over here!

Phantom Blooper
12-02-08, 06:49 PM

Sounds like the the best part of you ran down your dads leg when you were conceived.

You do need an education....because you can't even spell what you inspire to be.. and it is not a Marine.

You can find all of those jobs in the land of fruits and nuts in Hollywood....pack your bags now and enjoy your trip!:evilgrin:

And if you do want to come back READ THE RULES & FILL OUT A PROFILE!:evilgrin:

Marine84
12-02-08, 07:44 PM
OK..............now I'm really on the floor.

ecfree
12-02-08, 08:08 PM
Sounds like the the best part of you ran down your dads leg when you were conceived.

You do need an education....because you can't even spell what you inspire to be.. and it is not a Marine.

You can find all of those jobs in the land of fruits and nuts in Hollywood....pack your bags now and enjoy your trip!:evilgrin:

And if you do want to come back READ THE RULES & FILL OUT A PROFILE!:evilgrin:

No No No his father pi**ed in a flower pot ,and raised a bloomin IDIOT....:banana:

SGT7477
12-02-08, 10:33 PM

When in doubt always go army.:evilgrin:

ecom
12-03-08, 12:41 AM
Why is the first letter of every word capitalized?

OldGruntNamVet
12-03-08, 02:36 AM
Zach: How old are you? If you are old enough to get into the services, I suggest you listen to your dad. From some of the comments you have made I think you need some more regular schooling. The Corps Boot Camp will be the hardest thing that you will attempt to accomplish. Dont join the Corps unless you have the guts to survive what will be the biggest challenge in your life

:usmc:...Semper Fi...:usmc:

Whizdumb
12-03-08, 01:51 PM

Suggestion: If you want education go to school. If you want a laid back job, stay a civilian. If you want self-discipline, how can you expect someone else to give you that? It is SELF-discipline, not discipline. Find a reason to join, because you sound like a sissy. If that is true, this is not the job for you.

Covey_Rider
12-03-08, 02:13 PM
Sounds to me like either this is some bored Marine...or this kids dad should have shot him into a kleenex while he still had the chance haha. i didn't know "dear chili" was stilled talked about lol. I read that and I was rolling. I just want to say thank you to whomever posted this...gave me the best laugh I've had here in Iraq yet.

Phantom Blooper
12-03-08, 02:36 PM
i didn't know "dear chili" was stilled talked about lol.

Yep Covey...."Dear Chili" is right up there tied with the "BANANA KING":banana:

:evilgrin:

Covey_Rider
12-03-08, 02:42 PM
And it's BACK!!! ahhhh the classics...these are the reasons I keep coming back to this site. Always seems to put a smile on my face...or bring back interesting memories haha.

mjhpgh
12-03-08, 02:47 PM
GO ARMY -The Air Force does not want people like this either!

Marine84
12-03-08, 03:22 PM
All hail the Banana King!!!!!!