PDA

View Full Version : Waiting To Ship After You Enlist

Mike18
11-29-08, 05:01 PM
Good evening all Marines. I cannot enlist for another year or so,:mad: but I am using this time to get prepared for recruit training by studying knowledge, PTing, and learning drill. However, in another year or so when I enlist and am sworn in what is the soonest I could ship to Parris Island? My goal is to be as prepared as possible when I first walk into the recruiting office so that I could stand on the yellow footprints as soon as possible. Thank you for your time Marines.

ecom
11-29-08, 05:24 PM
My understanding is that you can DEP in up to one year before your ship date. You can DEP in when you turn 17 with your parents' consent. My guess the earliest you can ship is after you graduate high school.

Mike18
11-30-08, 06:48 AM
Thank you for your response. I was just curious is all. Thanks again sir.

JordanB
11-30-08, 07:38 PM
remember though if you get in any trouble while in the dep (dui, assault and batterie, whatever the ****) your contract will be made open and your mos will really suck. **** happens so I wouldent recomend being in the dep for longer then neccesary. That being said, contracts also close out so make sure the one you want is open before you sign but if its not WAIT you only get whats on your paper dont trust a recruiter to "fix" your contract while you are deped in or at recruit training.

Mike18
12-01-08, 02:29 PM
Thank you for the heads up Lance Corporal. I will not do anything stupid with the law, or anything else that puts this opportunity to become a Marine at risk. Thanks gain for your reply sir.