PDA

View Full Version : Question about recon contract...

joe1221
11-28-08, 10:55 PM
Does anyone know the actual percentage, or have a guess of how many Poolies get a recon contract (I believe its a UZ contract) and actually end up making it or getting selected onto one of the recon. teams?

Just curious but not really important.

JordanB
11-30-08, 07:45 PM
Had a buddy who went in 0321 and made it, he was meritorious lance out of boot and a ****in pt stud with asvab scores sky high (guy ran a 16:00 minute 3 mile and used to be a history teacher at a high school) and have also had a whole lot of guys who were contracted to be 0321's but ended up just becoming 11's (a pretty cool job too if I do say so myself) Now hes a corpral (21's have low ass cutting scores, go figure) at 2nd recon (keep in mind recon is still pretty cool but its NOT Marsoc, he still has to try out for that indoc one hes done all his training)

Basically if you can get a 0321 contract and think your hot **** then go for it theres really no harm in trying, but if you dont make it you'll still be a grunt so its all good.

MLMonk
11-30-08, 08:52 PM
We had 2 people in my entire company as Recon contract..only 1 kept the contract, but not sure if he'll still make it.

fieldcammies
12-02-08, 10:30 PM
We had 50 Marines screen for Recon. 20 made it. Of those, 4 made it to teams, including myself.