PDA

View Full Version : Can I contract as 0321?

Drill for life
11-28-08, 09:10 AM
I am enlisting in ten days(Dec the 9th) and am talking with my recruiter on Dec the 2nd to discuss my MOS and to Guarantee me PFC out of boot(Three years of JROTC and various other Cadet programs,Young Marines,NSCC). I was looking into 0311, but I have always wanted 0321. I did some research and it said that's a MOS I pick after SOI but I was in the Chat Room yeesterday and somebody told me I can contrcat as 0321. Is this true? I know I have to wait for slots to open up at Ft. benning,Ga(Airborne) and Coronado,Ca(Scuba Diving).

brian21johansen
11-28-08, 09:38 AM
I am enlisting in ten days(Dec the 9th) and am talking with my recruiter on Dec the 2nd to discuss my MOS and to Guarantee me PFC out of boot(Three years of JROTC and various other Cadet programs,Young Marines,NSCC). I was looking into 0311, but I have always wanted 0321. I did some research and it said that's a MOS I pick after SOI but I was in the Chat Room yeesterday and somebody told me I can contrcat as 0321. Is this true? I know I have to wait for slots to open up at Ft. benning,Ga(Airborne) and Coronado,Ca(Scuba Diving).

Yea you can but if you don't get a 2nd class swim qual out of bootcamp then you are screwed. Also, I'd worry about passing the indoc before waiting for some school to open up. That is the least of your worries.

Drill for life
11-28-08, 09:52 AM
Great, thaks oyu. I am sure I can ualify at Basic. I am great swimmer.

PaidinBlood
11-28-08, 10:21 AM
You always swim with flak kevlar and rifle, huh? Especially three sizes too big and unbuttoned/unlaced?. Damn I wish I was born ****ing invincible like you...

CarolinaMarine
11-28-08, 10:29 AM
You always swim with flak kevlar and rifle, huh? Especially three sizes too big and unbuttoned/unlaced?. Damn I wish I was born ****ing invincible like you...

Thats true. The stuff you swim in at bootcamp is so raggedy. It really hampers your movements even being a very good swimmer. Boots that don't fit, soaking wet utilities missing buttons and 3 sizes to big as Paidin said....its rough. And you have 0 time to look for the right size so don't try lol. Your on a countdown to get dressed and get out.

Drill for life
11-28-08, 10:29 AM
Oh, that's gonna be hard.

SGT7477
11-28-08, 10:31 AM
He has it all figured out,lol, he has alot to learn, what are you going to do if our beloved Corps makes a cook out of you?

PaidinBlood
11-28-08, 10:34 AM
Then he's gonna be the best damn cook the Marine Corps has EVER seen, until Gen Conway himself flies out on a chopper and gives him a better job. Or Plan B-cry like a little ***** and talk **** about the Marine Corps for the rest of your life... Plenty of losers go that route...

yellowwing
11-28-08, 10:35 AM
Oh, that's gonna be hard.

Well perhaps your current swim training should be kicked up a notch! ;)

Drill for life
11-28-08, 10:36 AM
Never me. If I can't get into Recon I'm just going to do what I was going to do origanlly 0311.

brian21johansen
11-28-08, 10:36 AM
Ok during the swim qual in boot camp I wore one boot that could barely fit, and one boot that was like a size 15 or some trash....and I normally wear an 10.5-11. My cammies didnt have buttons at all.....my pack which was supposedly "water right" was in reality a piece of garbage. As soon as I jumped in the pool I just heard bubbles all around me.

My buddy had to wear to left boots one of the days ahaha

Drill for life
11-28-08, 10:38 AM
Wow, how did you do. Can't you wear the boots you where isssued at the First Phase of Boot?

Drill for life
11-28-08, 10:39 AM
Well perhaps your current swim training should be kicked up a notch! ;)
I guess so.

PaidinBlood
11-28-08, 10:40 AM
Ladies and gentlemen! There is actually something he didn't know!! Call the papers!

No, man. You swim in stuff that gets sent to the pool to die. Old worn out EVERYTHINGS

CarolinaMarine
11-28-08, 10:41 AM
Wow, how did you do. Can't you wear the boots you where isssued at the First Phase of Boot?

Nope they have a whole rack of pool stuff (cammies, boots, etc) that you have to use.

I got Qual 3 out of bootcamp, thats the highest they let us go. I know some in other BN's that only could go 4.

Drill for life
11-28-08, 10:43 AM
Okay gotcha. Psh I'm glad I know my sizes in most uniforms(Joking)
Do they size the uniforms for you when you enter boot or do they just throw stuff at ya.

PaidinBlood
11-28-08, 10:44 AM
Nope they have a whole rack of pool stuff (cammies, boots, etc) that you have to use.

I got Qual 3 out of bootcamp, thats the highest they let us go. I know some in other BN's that only could go 4.

They had to give people who had certain contracts the chance to go higher. The whole Company may not have gotten to get a higher qual, but they were conducting higher levels. I think once we hit 3 or 4, they gave us some kind of busy work, but I can't remember what it was. Also, the first few done every day had to do a working party at the pool...

PaidinBlood
11-28-08, 10:45 AM
Okay gotcha. Psh I'm glad I know my sizes in most uniforms(Joking)
Do they size the uniforms for you when you enter boot or do they just throw stuff at ya.

When you come in they give you a choice of two sizes. Too big or too small... :D

PaidinBlood
11-28-08, 10:48 AM
My brother showed up to MCT in the same dumb azz big blouse they gave him in bootcamp. I felt sorry for him and swapped, since I figured I'd get fat anyway. You'll have to buy a lot of new **** when you get to your first unit...

Drill for life
11-28-08, 10:56 AM
I know all my sizes that make my uniform look tailored to my body.

spotts
11-28-08, 11:05 AM
You wont get a choice of what uniform sizes you get. They look at your body type and give you what they think you fit into. You will keep those cammies throughout the duration of your time on the Island. Toward the end of boot camp you will be measured and fitted for your dress uniforms.

PaidinBlood
11-28-08, 12:12 PM
Even our dress uniform issue was rushed and they didn't really give a flying **** what size you thought you were. Some little asian feller had the final word. If you didn't like you, you could go to cash sales a month later...

FistFu68
11-28-08, 12:40 PM
:evilgrin: WHATCHA' GONNA DO WHEN YOU UNQ-ON QUAL DAY AT THE RANGE?:scared: :iwo:

thewookie
11-28-08, 01:12 PM
:evilgrin: WHATCHA' GONNA DO WHEN YOU UNQ-ON QUAL DAY AT THE RANGE?:scared: :iwo:

He's not even gonna make it that far, Jack - he's going to flame out before then. Betcha.

Sgt Leprechaun
11-28-08, 01:22 PM
Holy mother.

One of my buddies is a retired Swim Instructor (His motto...'It pays to be a winnah'). He liked to drown people as a hobby, and he was in the FLEET LOL. This is the scoop from him on pool....

Pool stuff, like others have said here, is pool stuff. It's crap. You wanna practice swimming? Go get some stuff that's far too big for you and saturate it in the pool for a few days, hang it up so it's no longer dripping water, then have someone scream at you to get undressed, then continue yelling at you while you try and put the stuff on. THEN do your swim practice.

As far as uniform issuance goes, with the MarPats, you get what size you 'look' like, thus, if you 'look' like a 'large/long' that's what you get. Your boots/shoe size, that will be measured.

Concern yourself with getting through the first month of recruit training, THEN worry about all the other crap.

Lastly, just go 0300 and then do RIP once you hit the fleet, IF you make it that far.

Marine84
11-28-08, 02:36 PM
He'll be crying for his Mommy and wanting to borrow that other kids lotion.

Sgt Leprechaun
11-28-08, 04:18 PM
D'oh!

FistFu68
11-28-08, 04:25 PM
:evilgrin:(LMAO):D WOOKIE,THEN HE'D MAKE A GREAT U.S.NAVY"SEAL" :banana:

SGT7477
11-28-08, 06:11 PM
Oh shoot this is funny chit, the next Chesty,LMFAO.

Drill for life
11-28-08, 06:39 PM
Hahaha ver funny, I have not earned the title I hope and pray I will. It consumes my very mind and my life and I give my quest for the EGA every giving second of my life and I know I might not make it. If you want something your going to ahve to work for it. thank you for answering my question.

SGT7477
11-28-08, 06:50 PM
Looks like you have heart boy.

Drill for life
11-28-08, 09:50 PM
Thank you, I don't know If I ahve heart or not the Marines haven't told me yet. I only have ears and my right to sign my name so far.

PaidinBlood
11-28-08, 09:59 PM
You'll know when ya know. You know, the old bit about one mouth and two ears... Just take a few more deep breaths before postin' and you'll be fine, man...

Drill for life
11-28-08, 10:12 PM
Great advice, I know tha's reenforced at MCRD. I want to be as ready as I can Physically and Mentally.

Wyoming
11-28-08, 11:07 PM
84, PLEASE, go do something to this kid!!

****ing hero mofo, aircadet, uniform sizer, scuba, rambo, recon wannabee.

84, do the Corps a favor. Please.

There is a DI out there who would be eternally grateful.

Ceya
11-29-08, 02:21 AM
Drill for Life,

Your dreams can be within reach but you got 13 weeks between you and ITB.

Pass that first, then move on to ITB, then Recon.

Just get to be an 1st: Marine and 2nd: 03XX.

S/F<
CEYA!
81s

fs19
11-30-08, 02:25 PM
I'm in SOI as a contract 0321 right now. Like the others have said, first focus on getting to, and making it through boot camp. That being said, I don't see any problem with setting high goals. I went through PI and they didn't even let me try to get a 2nd class swim qual. because I had to go to dental, but I still have my contract with a 3rd class which, according to the BRC page on the SOI website is all you need out of boot. Just make sure that if you sign as a 21, you really, really want it and are willing to pay for it, because most of the guys out here with contract 21 now just want to be an 11 so they can get to the fleet.

MLMonk
11-30-08, 09:04 PM
Work on your situps...95? I can do around 140 in 2 minutes. The swim qual is so demanding, I don't think anyone in my platoon made SQ2..Since they all said 1 small mistake they threw you out. Go pass bootcamp 1st, and hope you don't injure yourself like what I did, and get put into Basic Marine Platoon for a few months.

Drill for life
12-01-08, 05:42 PM
Okay guys, Here is what you are telling me
1.Become a Marine
2.Focus on everythig else afer that
Is that right? I know alot of people who have joined the military and didn't have aplanned and just got F(U know what comes after this) over. My recruiters has told me just plan and you'll get what you want, don't ask any questions just listen because they'll be answered. Just do what your told. Thank you guys, is being a Marine really all its cracked up to be, my girlfriend says I have a Romantic view of the Marine Corps and they will just let me down.

Drill for life
12-01-08, 06:04 PM
Oh yeah I brought my Sir-ups to 100.

Enigmatic
12-01-08, 06:12 PM
1.Become a Marine
Is that right? I know alot of people who have joined the military and didn't have aplanned and just got F(U know what comes after this) over. My recruiters has told me just plan and you'll get what you want, don't ask any questions just listen because they'll be answered. Just do what your told. Thank you guys, is being a Marine really all its cracked up to be, my girlfriend says I have a Romantic view of the Marine Corps and they will just let me down.

Boy you have been here since August going on about how you're gonna do this and that, and how you're not a p*ssy and you're the most motivated dude ever, and you haven't EVEN DEP'D IN YET!!! What's up with your signature?
Shipdate: I will post on Dec 8th when I join the Marine Corps!!!!

Bullsh*t!!!! You ain't gonna join sh*t on Dec 8th except the Delayed Entry Program! As far as I'm concerned, as of right now you don't even rate that poolee avatar.

Watch your six, because when you least expect it Marine84 or some other motivator might put a boot in that azz!!

Ceya
12-01-08, 10:00 PM
1.Become a Marine

Ok you know that you want to be an 0321.

Your planning for that, good to go.

Yes, I am saying plan on becoming a Marine first!

That is whole reason your joining. Not just being a Grunt or Recon Marine.

We are Marines first, no matter when you served or what your job.

NOBODY has the PRIDE that Marines have, even those who hated the Corps while serving. When they get out the still say, YES I am a Marine!

What you do in boot camp:evilgrin: and now prepares you for ITB :iwo:and the FMF (Fleet Marine Force):flag:.

Since you done the research, ask the questions, prepare for the mission..NOW JUST DO IT.

If you pass boot camp, go to ITB and go to Recon, you tell me is the Marine Corps what you think it is.

The Marines, Saliors or Civilian staff will never let you down.

ONLY YOU CAN LET YOURSELF DOWN!!

Nobody but you to blame when lights are out!

S/F,
CEYA!
81s

Drill for life
12-03-08, 07:54 PM
Ok you know that you want to be an 0321.

Your planning for that, good to go.

Yes, I am saying plan on becoming a Marine first!

That is whole reason your joining. Not just being a Grunt or Recon Marine.

We are Marines first, no matter when you served or what your job.

NOBODY has the PRIDE that Marines have, even those who hated the Corps while serving. When they get out the still say, YES I am a Marine!

What you do in boot camp:evilgrin: and now prepares you for ITB :iwo:and the FMF (Fleet Marine Force):flag:.

Since you done the research, ask the questions, prepare for the mission..NOW JUST DO IT.

If you pass boot camp, go to ITB and go to Recon, you tell me is the Marine Corps what you think it is.

The Marines, Saliors or Civilian staff will never let you down.

ONLY YOU CAN LET YOURSELF DOWN!!

Nobody but you to blame when lights are out!

S/F,
CEYA!
81s

Thank you very much. You want to know what is the coolest thing my friedn told me after he graduated from Basic(I was 12 at the time) what are you he replied"A Marine" my friend got back last year for Army Basic and I asked the exact same question and he said 11b(Infantry).

Enigmatic
12-03-08, 08:08 PM
Thank you very much. You want to know what is the coolest thing my friedn told me after he graduated from Basic(I was 12 at the time) what are you he replied"A Marine" my friend got back last year for Army Basic and I asked the exact same question and he said 11b(Infantry).

Holy sh*t a Marine graduated from "basic"? That IS newsworthy!! I didn't know Marine recruits went to "basic"....

PaidinBlood
12-03-08, 11:06 PM
Holy sh*t a Marine graduated from "basic"? That IS newsworthy!! I didn't know Marine recruits went to "basic"....

...Maybe he's thinking of this one...:D

http://www.imdb.com/rg/action-box-title/primary-photo/media/rm3196296960/tt0264395

Drill for life
12-05-08, 05:05 PM
Sorry MCRDPI, my bad.

SGT7477
12-05-08, 05:31 PM
Oh yeah I brought my Sir-ups to 100.

What is a Sir-up?:evilgrin:

fieldcammies
12-05-08, 08:11 PM
What is a Sir-up?:evilgrin:

It goes on your Freedom Toast.

And here's a small tidbit of advice for the young motivator:
No amount of drill practice, uniforms, situps, Sir-ups, or Recon Contracts will save you from the water.

I've seen men who were unstoppable beasts on land be made into little *****es in and especially UNDER the water.

All said and done, go one step at a time. Good luck.