PDA

View Full Version : PCSing to MCAB Yuma,AZ Soon!!

Palmer
11-26-08, 12:12 PM
Hey Yall, I'm PCSing from Okinawa and going to Yuma, AZ. My web orders say i'll be with MALS 13/HQ MAG 13 3RD MAW. Any chance someone out there is with that unit and can tell me what to look forward to?

Enigmatic
11-26-08, 12:14 PM
You're leaving the beautiful beaches of Oki, PCSing to YUMA, and you're happy about it????

Palmer
11-26-08, 12:18 PM
Well i've spent the last year of my two year term with the MEU so i didnt get to see those beaches very much. Plus we has some Grade A BS go down while i was here lol. I'm looking forward to living with my wife too lol, besides, gotta keep a positive mindset right?

Enigmatic
11-26-08, 12:21 PM
I hear ya. I've never been to Yuma but one of my best friends was stationed there like, ALL 4 years of his enlistment. He loved the place. I think he stayed out there after he got out...maybe I could put you in touch with him.

Palmer
11-26-08, 12:28 PM
That'd be great, i'm just trying to find out what the base and unit is like

Enigmatic
11-26-08, 12:30 PM
I'll see if I can get a hold of him, it's been a while. I'll send you a PM when I get his info...

Kegler300
11-26-08, 04:32 PM
Hope you like to wear a cowboy hat and rodeo...I enjoyed in there almost 30 years ago.

ironjohn929
11-27-08, 11:19 AM
Hey Palmer,

I'm not in the Corps anymore, but I work as a Flight Medic out of the Yuma Airport (combined MCAB and civilian). Don't know much about the city other than the hospital and the airport, but if you PM me when you get in, I'd be happy to sit down and buy you a beer or two!!!!:usmc:

Ceya
11-29-08, 01:36 AM
From sand, water and HOT with sweat to sand,HOT dry heat and more sand.

Great training like the stumps.

S/F<
CEYA!
81s

sparkie
11-29-08, 06:18 AM
Right now Yuma is great. Bustling and full of snowbirds. Like old folks? Summertime,,,,,,, You can't walk to the 7-11 without a canteen, but at least the streets are empty.
I'm a desert rat,love that stuff, but in Yuma, You'll be happy when the overnite cooling gets down to 102.