PDA

View Full Version : 3:45 in the morning, what's up?

thedrifter
11-26-08, 08:19 AM
3:45 in the morning, what's up?

November 26, 4:49 AM
by Harmon Biehl, Miami Veterans Affairs Examiner

It is 3:45 in the morning and Harm is wiping the blood from his nose. Harm has a splitting headache. Harm's Tinitus is interfering with his ability to think and Harm has had to get a quadruple dose of his inhaler just to be able to breathe. Harm can't sleep.

Harm's 40+ year battle with the V.A. may be over soon. The V.A. is winning, Harm is loosing.

The reason again that Harm went back to the V.A. was to reopen his case about the very things that has Harm up at 3:45 in the morning.

Harm's Neurologist has decided Harm's headaches are brought on by taking too many Tylenols over the last two years. Again, Harm complained of headaches for 40+ years. The prior diagnosis was "headaches caused by martial arts fights. Har'm is a martial artist for 30 years. Harm isn't a Dr. but Harm can count to 40.

Harm's spent the last two years regularly complaining about:

1. can't sleep

2. can't breathe

3. a ringing in his head is so loud that sometimes he thinks he is going crazy, tonight is one of those nights

4. Harm's headaches are what is really going to kill him. The bloody noses for no reason are more frequent lately

Harm learned a new word last week. The new word is "pukes". Navy guys use it as well as Marines. They use it when an Army guy would use stronger language like:

idiots, jerk offs, worthless piece of trash, dumb son's of (you fill in your favorite selection), useless as breast nipples on a bull, and so on.

Har'm still suffers from the things that he suffered from 40+ years ago and after two years of being Doctored at the V.A. he still has the same problems and suffers from the same ailments. Yes, the V.A. is winning and Harm is loosing. I am close to officially throwing in the proverbial towel. Peppermint Patty has given me tools to help me contain my rage. Harm is crying now. Harm knows that will pass too.

OK, I'm back. Harm suddenly realises that the tools he learned in PTSD class really does allow him to become complacent with hs problems and realise he is just going to have to live with them however long he is able to live. It is now 4:32 in the morning and Harm's nose has quit bleeding. Harm just used his over the counter Primateen inhaler and has taken a handful of Tylenol. Harm knows that he is going to have relief soon. Harm will not be able to sleep anymore so he may go back to writing his second book.

Have a nice day!

Be Blessed

Harm..........................:)

Ellie