PDA

View Full Version : Recruiter Help

PJustice
11-25-08, 02:38 PM
I have been to MEPS and found out that I have impaired red/green color vision which excludes me from almost everything in the army, including infantry. I have been told that the Marine corps does not have that restriction in order to be a rifleman which is what I prefer. I am hoping that someone can confirm this, the recruiter I have spoken to locally has not been very helpful. I very much appreciate any help. Thank you.

DD88
11-25-08, 02:46 PM
Fill out your profile. Then you will get your answers.

PJustice
11-25-08, 02:56 PM
Done.

SGT7477
11-25-08, 03:44 PM
Your recruiter should know what is right to help you out.

Banshee
11-25-08, 03:53 PM
wait. hold on...you tried the army FIRST? hunh.

smoking gunz
11-25-08, 07:30 PM
I was in the same boat about 5 years ago. I was told at meps I couldnt be a pilot but every other mos was ok. When I was at soi they told me I couldnt be a tow gunner. This was due to reading the maps on the computer and what not. But every other 03 mos was open to me. I picked 0331 and had no issues with my color blindness. While I was in I didnt hear about that changing. But I would just go for it and let them tell you no, dont assume anything.

PJustice
11-26-08, 07:48 AM
wait. hold on...you tried the army FIRST? hunh.

hah, actually I went to the Marines first, it's a long story.

PJustice
11-26-08, 07:50 AM
I was in the same boat about 5 years ago. I was told at meps I couldnt be a pilot but every other mos was ok. When I was at soi they told me I couldnt be a tow gunner. This was due to reading the maps on the computer and what not. But every other 03 mos was open to me. I picked 0331 and had no issues with my color blindness. While I was in I didnt hear about that changing. But I would just go for it and let them tell you no, dont assume anything.

I have been hearing that it is ok for 0311 but I just wanted some verification. I think I will give that a shot. Thank you.