PDA

View Full Version : Important Question Regarding Boot Camp

kbg1010
11-25-08, 12:04 PM
Not to sound queer or try to be funny or anything. But are we allowed to use lotion during Boot Camp? Its just that my face gets really dry in the winter time and it really annoys/****es me off.

In all honesty, this is probably the thing I am most worried about going into boot camp. Hehe. Just Kidding. But for real.

I know yall are going to say that I will have bigger things to worry about, but probably not.

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-25-08, 12:24 PM
You really have no clue what you're getting yourself into. If you can even imagine that this is an important question there is no possible way you could understand how your life is going to be.

But to answer the question, yeah you can use all the lotion you want. You'll make a weekly trip to Bath and Body Works to make sure you have everything you could ever want.

sim37
11-25-08, 12:45 PM
You are not allowed to touch your face.

2ndCEBSupply
11-25-08, 12:50 PM
Where do they get these questions from?

DD88
11-25-08, 12:50 PM
You are not allowed to touch your face.
Yeah, I've heard of a recruit that got sent home because he touched his eye with his left finger. :evilgrin:
A useful advice.. if you got something in your eye don't touch it with your hands. Go talk to your DI and ask him to please remove that something from your eye. :evilgrin:

kbg1010
11-25-08, 01:04 PM
Alright, I appreciate the help.

sim37
11-25-08, 01:26 PM
Trust me, the DI will be happy to remove anything from your eye, nasal, and or any other cavity in the nicest manner possible.

SGT7477
11-25-08, 02:24 PM
Your DI will put makeup on you also, just ask and he shall deliver your every needs.

smoking gunz
11-25-08, 07:32 PM
Im still trying to figure out how this is a important question.

bonnjanry
11-25-08, 07:41 PM
They sell lotion at the recruit PX, so yes.

sparkie
11-25-08, 07:48 PM
Do they sell KY? Or is that Navy?

CarolinaMarine
11-25-08, 08:11 PM
You can get that mmmm mmmm coco butter from the exchange, and be the butt of all gay jokes from then on out lol

ecfree
11-25-08, 09:22 PM
Make sure you get soap on a rope,SWEETY.....:banana:

Marine84
11-25-08, 09:31 PM
Everybody knows what you guys use lotion for...................geez!

I am soooooo laughin' my a$$ off over here!

NoRemorse
11-26-08, 10:22 AM
God, I laughed so hard I almost had a heart attack! Pass the lotion!!!

Butter up your hands before the IST and mount the pull up bar. Send my regards to PCP.

Keep some lotion handy in your back pocket in case you fall out. It'll help the Corpsman out a bunch.

THAT AINT IT
11-26-08, 10:50 AM
Enjoy the abundance of sand fleas that will eat away at your face, they love the lotion. You're not going to notice your face is dry when you have a forehead full of sand flea bites.

Banshee
11-26-08, 10:55 AM
I feel for you. It was always the little things that bothered me most in boot--dry hands and a dry face aggravated the hell out of me and made everything so much worse. You can get the cocoa butter lotion at the px (which i recommend). Make sure you use it on your hands (mine bled almost daily) only during square away time, otherwise it messes with everything you try to do during the day.

Marine84
11-26-08, 11:10 AM
I don't think guys use lotion for all that banshee - LOL!

Banshee
11-26-08, 01:14 PM
hey, i can pretend, can't I?

and besides, the cocoa butter formula would not work for THAT ;) not the right consistency. don't they put something in the food to prevent those kind of...feelings? lol.

SGT7477
11-26-08, 01:14 PM
I feel for you. It was always the little things that bothered me most in boot--dry hands and a dry face aggravated the hell out of me and made everything so much worse. You can get the cocoa butter lotion at the px (which i recommend). Make sure you use it on your hands (mine bled almost daily) only during square away time, otherwise it messes with everything you try to do during the day.

Man that is too funny,LMFAO.:flag:

Banshee
11-26-08, 01:19 PM
it's true. granted, i am a female, so i use lotion how it is meant to be used. but, seriously, packing the LB pack when your hands are bleeding and catching on every freak'n fiber, and having to keep unpacking and repacking because other recruits are idiots...your start to get angry-just a tad.

*sigh* but, yes, it is funny. in a way.

SGT7477
11-26-08, 01:21 PM
it's true. granted, i am a female, so i use lotion how it is meant to be used. but, seriously, packing the LB pack when your hands are bleeding and catching on every freak'n fiber, and having to keep unpacking and repacking because other recruits are idiots...your start to get angry-just a tad.

*sigh* but, yes, it is funny. in a way.

That is true one screws up and everybody pays and it is funny,lol.:flag:

kbg1010
11-26-08, 02:01 PM
Thats Good to see. At least I got some good laughs out of a couple Marines. Success!

Enigmatic
11-26-08, 03:07 PM
hey, i can pretend, can't I?

and besides, the cocoa butter formula would not work for THAT ;) not the right consistency. don't they put something in the food to prevent those kind of...feelings? lol.

You know that's a myth right?

Phantom Blooper
11-27-08, 03:14 PM
But are we allowed to use lotion during Boot Camp?

Use LSA....it will make you tough and your pecker hard!:evilgrin:

bonnjanry
11-27-08, 03:22 PM
You know that's a myth right?

It's hard to believe it is. :sick:

Phantom Blooper
11-27-08, 03:30 PM
I don't put much faith in Snopes and Wikpedia

and what they have to say...but snopes says it's false.....Saltpeter in the chow...http://www.snopes.com/military/saltpeter.asp

If anything salt drys something out...like old leather..... so that may be where that lotion nowadays would come in HANDy.:evilgrin:

SlingerDun
11-27-08, 05:05 PM
don't they put something in the food to prevent those kind of...feelings? lol.dry skin? hhmm maybe ranch dressing,,,extra margarine on your morning toast, olive oil on spaghetti night

1topher
11-27-08, 05:42 PM
go to medical and get ointment that is used for cuts,, and use that for dry skin,, also try to get as much tylenol as you can,, -- tylenol is a valued commodity, you will become Scarface if you have Tylenol to dish out to your boyz

SlingerDun
11-27-08, 06:09 PM
Sir the private needs to go to sickbay for ointment cause me skin is chapped? chafed?http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif Oh and Mr. Corpsman the private needs excessive amounts of Tylenol

Phantom Blooper
11-27-08, 06:33 PM
tylenol is a valued commodity, you will become Scarface if you have Tylenol to dish out to your boyz

"Hey Bugsy your goina give me two tylenol or I'm goina send "Louie Da' Crusher" down here to wax you wid sum of dat medicated ointment...see?":evilgrin:

Banshee
11-27-08, 07:34 PM
Omigod! dental gives so much pain medication, even though they know you don't need it. Trust me, stock up on pain meds. You get to keep all of your meds once you hit third phase and they are worth more than coke on the crucible.

Vintage
12-03-08, 04:07 PM
Not to sound queer or try to be funny or anything. But are we allowed to use lotion during Boot Camp? Its just that my face gets really dry in the winter time and it really annoys/****es me off.

In all honesty, this is probably the thing I am most worried about going into boot camp. Hehe. Just Kidding. But for real.

I know yall are going to say that I will have bigger things to worry about, but probably not.

JEESUS H CHRIST ! The next thing your gonna tell me is your name is Lawrence! Listen son , you wanna be a Marine ? We'll give you lotion , its olive drab with tan mixed in , maybe some insect repellant as well , but if you want oil of olay , go join the NAVY !!!!!!!!!!!!

Marine1955
12-08-08, 09:15 PM
boy are you in for a suprise!!! bends and motherf****r untill i sweat do you hear me maggot

Wyoming
12-08-08, 09:44 PM

HOW THE HELL DID I MISS THIS ONE???

SGT7477
12-10-08, 04:20 PM
HOW THE HELL DID I MISS THIS ONE???

It only gets better, NEXT,lmfao.:flag:

oifvet23
12-12-08, 01:06 AM
is he serious, id shoved that bottle up his A** nothing like aqua velva in your mouth and listerine on your face

UsmcMotorT
12-12-08, 01:13 PM

Ha, if that annoys you you're going to have a hell of the time in the pit first thing in the morning. Sand everywhere (hair, face inside your skivies, everywhere) and not be able to take a shower till the end of the day (20 secs at most).

PaidinBlood
12-12-08, 01:17 PM
still waitin' for that important question....