PDA

View Full Version : Brother enlisting, I have some inquiries...

xxjupiterxx1
11-25-08, 12:49 AM
My brother just swore in today and is in DEP. He is going to be a Combat Engineer, so he hopes. Being from the west coast, I was wondering what are his chances of being stationed at Camp Pendelton :D vs. Twenty-Nine Palms :(; or anywhere else for that matter?

Thank you all.

Scottie0417
11-25-08, 01:06 AM
It all depends on where the Marine Corps needs him

LcplRendon84
11-25-08, 06:19 PM
Well PFC pretty much nailed that **** but moooost likely i've had alot of buddies get stationed at 29 stumps but time will tell.

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-25-08, 08:21 PM
It is all about what the Corps needs. He could be at any base anywhere. There are engineer specialties on every base I've ever seen.

SGT7477
11-25-08, 09:39 PM
It all depends on where the Marine Corps needs him

How true that is.:evilgrin:

xxjupiterxx1
11-26-08, 06:59 PM
Another Question:

He was looking into being a helo crew chief. What are his chances of getting that right out of basic? It seems like more of a job that a more experienced person would be assigned to, but his recruiter swore to him that he could get it. But we all know they might just be blowin' smoke ;)

Allen870922
11-26-08, 11:59 PM
Another Question:

He was looking into being a helo crew chief. What are his chances of getting that right out of basic? It seems like more of a job that a more experienced person would be assigned to, but his recruiter swore to him that he could get it. But we all know they might just be blowin' smoke ;)
All I gotta say is that he better get it in writing.

Haffner
11-27-08, 12:10 AM
Since when do we go to damned BASIC TRAINING? Crew chief....yeah, we'll just let you manage Marines that have been in for a hot second or two right out of "basic" without having even gone to AIT yet...excuse me, I forgot this is the Marine Corps...we go to BOOT CAMP, SOI MCT / SOI ITB / MOS school...man, what was I THINKING?!

Scottie0417
11-27-08, 03:57 AM
Nothing's basic about it...

onux16
02-19-09, 05:49 PM
It is possible for your brother to become a crew chief. He needs to sign the AG contract code at MEPS (don't confuse it for AF or any other combo. It's ALPHA GOLF) Trust me on this one; I'm a crew chief that went from boot camp, to MCT, schools, my squadron. It can be done. Your brother needs to have a high enough score and land an available contract.

(yes, I realize I am several months late)

JWDevilDog
02-25-09, 09:29 PM
It is all about what the Corps needs. He could be at any base anywhere. There are engineer specialties on every base I've ever seen.

For all you Salts out there:

There is an engineer stationed in Okinawa with my unit, in Landing Support Company.

Someone who knows both these jobs please tell me why in the hell an engineer would be stationed with a bunch of LS red patchers?? Doesn't make a damn bit of sense. We don't need engineers in LS!

If we did, it would be to clear obstacles on beachheads. But they don't have to be attached to our company for that... I love the needs of the Marine Corps...