PDA

View Full Version : Graduation Uniform?

Hussar
11-24-08, 11:58 PM
Hello. I've been looking at pictures of Marine Graduation and was wondering what determines the uniform that they wear? Some have Dress Blues, other have Service Charlies? It's usually Service Charlies with a Garrison cap in the summer but othertimes they have the barracks covers on. Other times it seems to be fall and they have the Wooly Pully on with the Garrison cap? What really determines there graduating uniform?

CarolinaMarine
11-25-08, 12:33 AM
Dress blues is mainly, and usually for the Honor Grads. Charlies are used when its hot, Service Alphas when its cold. Its all up to the guys in charge. Weather and Season play a part in the...

Scottie0417
11-25-08, 01:10 AM
For my graduation in August at San Diego the honormen wore Dress Blue Bravos and the rest of us wore Dress Blue Deltas. It all really depends on what the uniform of the day is and like CarolinaMarine said, weather and season play a part in whether the Marines wear Charlies, Alphas, etc.

SGT7477
11-25-08, 07:27 AM
We wore the poly dress greens and it was damn hot.

BR34
11-25-08, 10:40 AM
I think everyone graduates in blues now, since they're issued. Probably Blue Delta/Charlies for the masses and Blue Bravos for Honor man.

Flyboy11
11-27-08, 03:53 PM
When i graduated in september we all wore charlies on family day with a **** cover and on grad. day we all wore charlies with the barracks cover and shooting badges while on grad day the honor grad wore blues deltas.Thats how we did and im pretty sure thats how they did it all summer.