PDA

View Full Version : Tried To Reenlist Today

Troy00690
11-24-08, 10:34 PM
Well Little back ground. I have been in the hiring process for the California Highway Patrol for about 5 months now. Just found out today that I did not pass my back ground investigation because of some speeding tickets and my credit. My back up plan was to reenlist. Well come to find out that I can not reenlist because of my dependents. I have 3 kids and my wife. The limit is 3 dependents. Talk about a double shot in the leg.

I have been out of the corps since 02. I was Honarable when I got out and I have a reenlistment code of RE-1A. Any ideas becuase the only other option I have right now is the army. I meat all there requirments and I could be gone around the first of the year. That is something I am not to happy about doing. Any advice would be welcome with open ears.

bootlace15
11-24-08, 10:36 PM
PUNT

bootlace15 out

egbutler1
11-24-08, 10:57 PM
Well Little back ground. I have been in the hiring process for the California Highway Patrol for about 5 months now. Just found out today that I did not pass my back ground investigation because of some speeding tickets and my credit. My back up plan was to reenlist. Well come to find out that I can not reenlist because of my dependents. I have 3 kids and my wife. The limit is 3 dependents. Talk about a double shot in the leg.

I have been out of the corps since 02. I was Honarable when I got out and I have a reenlistment code of RE-1A. Any ideas becuase the only other option I have right now is the army. I meat all there requirments and I could be gone around the first of the year. That is something I am not to happy about doing. Any advice would be welcome with open ears.

Get divorced, or Army Strong!

hrscowboy
11-25-08, 04:42 AM
try other departments in law enforcement just because you cant be a chippie dont mean you cant any where else...

SGT7477
11-25-08, 06:47 AM

The army why lower yourself,lol, if it was me I would try another route in law enforcement but that's just me, Semper FI.:flag:

SgtArty
11-25-08, 07:06 AM
Maybe take your wife off as a dependent, and only have your 3 kids?

Troy00690
11-25-08, 01:49 PM
Maybe take your wife off as a dependent, and only have your 3 kids?

I have thought about taking my oldest off as a dependent. He is my step-son. Turn custody over to his dad and after I get in a few months things don't work out and he comes back (but he never leaves).

I will have to wait a couple years before reapplying to another law enforcment. I had some credit issues that have come up and that is what did me in.

Old Marine
11-25-08, 02:05 PM
I have thought about taking my oldest off as a dependent. He is my step-son. Turn custody over to his dad and after I get in a few months things don't work out and he comes back (but he never leaves).

I will have to wait a couple years before reapplying to another law enforcment. I had some credit issues that have come up and that is what did me in.

There's always the Border Patrol or the California Prison System. Anything is better than laying around the house while you wife is bringing in the money.