PDA

View Full Version : Are women allowed to be in silent drill?

MarineTeen
11-23-08, 01:05 PM
I am in highschool and take part in NJROTC.
I'm in the armed drilll team and would like to attend camp pendleton after highschool because I'd like to be a marine in the future.
Because I'm so into armed drill, and I've had sources tell me I have the potential and "talent" especially because I'm the only girl on the team, I was wondering if women are actually allowed to be in the silent drill in the Marines.

Artemis
11-23-08, 01:29 PM
Fill out a profile and follow the rules. Then ask all the questions you want. Until you accomplish that you will get no more answers.

0231Marine
11-23-08, 02:31 PM
I am in highschool and take part in NJROTC.
I'm in the armed drilll team and would like to attend camp pendleton after highschool because I'd like to be a marine in the future.
Because I'm so into armed drill, and I've had sources tell me I have the potential and "talent" especially because I'm the only girl on the team, I was wondering if women are actually allowed to be in the silent drill in the Marines.

1. Fill out your profile

2. Marines is always capitalized

3. No, there are no females allowed on the Silent Drill Team. The members of that team are hand selected out of SOI and consists of only males.

Big Jim
11-23-08, 02:44 PM
Are women allowed to be in silent drill? (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74449)
MarineTeen

Today 02:03 PM
by MarineTeen (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?find=lastposter&t=74449) http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images_ln/buttons/lastpost.gif (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?p=415004#post415004)

WHY THE TWO POSTS OF THE SAME QUESTION? SO YOU DON'T GET AN ANSWER FAST ENOUGH....SO YOU POST THE SAME QUESTION? YOU NEED TO ASK A MODERATOR TO DELETE ONE OF THESE THREADS WITH THE SAME QUESTION!!

Marine84
11-23-08, 07:36 PM
AND.............she wants to go to Camp Pendleton - LOL!

sparkie
11-23-08, 07:43 PM
Yes, they are allowed, But only in the barracks at night,,,,,,,gun cleaning detail,,,,,,

MarineTeen
11-23-08, 08:03 PM
1. You don't have to be rash.
2. I am a TEENAGER. I make grammar mistakes.
3. I was just curious.
4. I accidentally clicked 'post' two times. I didn't intend on posting two of the same questions.

MarineTeen
11-23-08, 08:06 PM
Oh, and being cocky is for the airforce. Not the Marines.

RYDERKUR
11-23-08, 08:11 PM
Oh greattttttttt, another one. By the way, what does being a teenager have to do with anything. There are a bunch getting shot at and shooting back overseas who are true heroes. I would not use being a teenager as a generalization for YOUR poor attitude and grammar mistakes.

MarineTeen
11-23-08, 08:15 PM
Being a teenager has to do with the discrimination against me being younger. I don't have a poor attitude. I'm just offended that people tend to mock me for wanting this.

p.s. I know they're true heroes.
My goal is to go finish college and then go into service.

yellowwing
11-23-08, 08:16 PM
Well Clairisse, there's always a first. Go for it! Ohh-rahh!

MarineTeen
11-23-08, 08:18 PM
Thank you:]

Isrowei
11-23-08, 09:43 PM
Being a teenager has to do with the discrimination against me being younger. I don't have a poor attitude. I'm just offended that people tend to mock me for wanting this.

Retorts and comebacks, being offended.. Do you really think we care??

Honey, life ain't roses. We can all dream the crazy stuff we want, but someday you have to get a handle on reality.

First, the Silent Drill Team is an enlisted outfit only. It's not a primary MOS. Meaning... you gotta have a real day job in the Corps and Drill isn't it. Dream about drill, sure.. if you think that's cool. But if you're serious about the Marine Corps... stop thinking about the glory and start thinking about the realities. How about opening the conversation with something else other than how great you are in your teenage JROTC uberness?

Second, drill is cool.. but it's not even close to everything that makes the military stand out. Kids, Drill Instructors, and brand new Marines brag about drill. The rest of us could give two hoots and that's being nice. You're lucky if you get off with a roll of the eyes. More realistic is a quick verbal re-education on the priorities of the Marine Corps. Sensibilities be damned.

Third, when a senior Marine gives you directed advice (and keep in mind.. every Marine here is professionally senior to you, not to mention that you asked for our opinions), no one wants to hear your rebuttal, your opinion, your hurt feelings, your ego, your teenage angst....

Save it for your mama. Maybe she cares.

And if you think that's rough, then honey, you just aren't ready for the Corps. Go find a nice day job at Starbucks and get a degree in basket weaving. When you're 50 you can sit in a hotel bar and brag about your JROTC drill awesomeness. Most likely the people around you won't care then either.

If you're really as mature as you say you are (and probably would like to think you are) you'll get the real message in all this. It's not meant to mean-spirited. You want to know our business and eventually be a part of it. We take our business seriously. Our business sees good people getting killed on a regular basis. A lot of those names we know by name or association. You want to be a Marine? Bravo and good on you for that. But save the opinion about how good you think you are about anything. Earn the title, do your job, and you won't have to talk about how great you are at anything. Every Marine here knows how good his fellow Marines are.

ecfree
11-23-08, 09:52 PM
Hey lill one,the answer to your question about the Silent Drill Team,is........................................... ....................
NO.

Wyoming
11-23-08, 10:01 PM
When you get to Fort Bragg, you can do just about anything you want!!

However, camp pendleton is a great place to be, and you can play with lots of guns, day and night.

PaidinBlood
11-23-08, 10:07 PM
I kinda wish I woulda got on here and run my mouth when I was 16. I would have been a helluva lot wiser by the time I got to the depot.... Better late than never, I suppose...

0231Marine
11-24-08, 07:17 AM

Really? Then you must not know many Marines! We know we're the best and we're happy to let civilians know it to! It's called Pride and Esprit De Corps.

Now, regarding your other post, it wasn't rash of me to say what I did no more than any of the other Marines posting on this forum. If you thought that was rash, then you are in for a rude awakening when you get to play "Scuz Brush the Bulkhead" for an hour because you moved to slow. Are you going to tell your drill instructor that she's being to rash?

And before you ask...no, you can not be a scout sniper either just because you are on the Air Rifle team.

Also, that's a nice haircut. I'm sure the drill instructors will love it when you show up with a skunk on your head.

Marine84
11-24-08, 07:48 AM
Yes, they are allowed, But only in the barracks at night,,,,,,,gun cleaning detail,,,,,,

DUDE! You owe me another monitor!

rvillac2
11-24-08, 09:41 AM

...Just when you thought you've heard it all.
Thanks for the chuckle, kid.
At least you capitalized Marines. Good on you for that.

SGT7477
11-24-08, 10:20 AM
Go army sunshine.

awbrown1462
11-24-08, 11:12 AM

Marineteen seventeen is still a teenager is it not that is how old I was when I Joined the Marines so knock off the discrimination crap follow the rules on here if you cant do that then you won't make it as a Marine