PDA

View Full Version : Real Marine or Fake?

SgtArty
11-23-08, 08:40 AM
Hey everyone I have a question. There is this I guy I work with. Once he found out that I was in the Marines he told me that he went to Boot Camp. Once I started asking him general questions like, unit/mos and other things like that he told me some B.S. story about how he only went to Boot amp. He said that his recruiter was crap and he was the last person his recruiter got in before he got out of the Corps. He told me that his paper work was not completed, and when he graduated boot camp, they told him he was not a Marine, and all his paper work had to be completed, and he would have to go through boot camp all over again. Can this be possible in today's world of tight security and checklist that need to be done before some is shipped off to boot camp? He said his Plt was 3045 and I've tried doing google searches for his name and Plt but I really can't come up with anything. Anyone have any ideas or a rational explanation to his bizarre story please share them. Thanks!

yellowwing
11-23-08, 08:47 AM
His story smells like carp.

mcvet57103
11-23-08, 09:15 AM
Sounds like a poser to me.

SgtArty
11-23-08, 09:37 AM
Sounds like a poser to me.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing as well. I know he had a troubled history and maybe he went through a juvenile boot camp, with prior Marines as his DI. I just don't understand why some people have to lie to try and fit in with others. Thanks for your input. Any other input or opinions are welcomed too. Also is there like a national registry of people who went through Marine boot camp, that has their Plt numbers and dates served? Thanks!

mcvet57103
11-23-08, 09:41 AM
Yeah I was thinking the same thing as well. I know he had a troubled history and maybe he went through a juvenile boot camp, with prior Marines as his DI. I just don't understand why some people have to lie to try and fit in with others. Thanks for your input. Any other input or opinions are welcomed too. Also is there like a national registry of people who went through Marine boot camp, that has their Plt numbers and dates served? Thanks!
If you find one let me know. I would like to find some old friends.

Artemis
11-23-08, 09:57 AM
SgtArty have you tried MOL? If he was in in the recent past he will be listed on there.

SgtArty
11-23-08, 10:06 AM
SgtArty have you tried MOL? If he was in in the recent past he will be listed on there.

Yeah I have tried MOL, but sometimes it's hit or miss. I've tried looking up a few Marines from my old unit and no luck on there. I know there name is spelled correctly and everything, but they just don't show up.

mcvet57103
11-23-08, 10:49 AM
Yeah I have tried MOL, but sometimes it's hit or miss. I've tried looking up a few Marines from my old unit and no luck on there. I know there name is spelled correctly and everything, but they just don't show up.On the same note while trying to find a Marine registry on line I came upon this site. Might be able to reconnect with my old Marine best friend who I haven't seen since 1980 and can't find through any search. http://www.usmc-mccs.org/retiree/buddy.cfm

BR34
11-23-08, 06:27 PM
Can you find Marines who didn't make it to the fleet in MOL? Ask him his D.I.'s name/rank. If he can't think of it quick like, he's posing.

MUSTANG0369
11-23-08, 06:30 PM
Sounds like a fake to me

Big Jim
11-23-08, 06:37 PM
Me doth detect the familiar odiferous eminations of bovine excrement...!!!

Marine84
11-23-08, 07:19 PM
Me doth detect the familiar odiferous eminations of bovine excrement...!!!

ROTFLMAO!

ecfree
11-23-08, 08:21 PM
His story smells like carp.

Carp hell,that's CRAP,as in BULL CRAP..:evilgrin:

USMCmailman
11-23-08, 09:17 PM
Ask him what bends and mother f-----s are ! That will tell ya !!!!!!!

montana
11-23-08, 11:56 PM
my my Big Jim. your use of such eloquent speech puts me in awweth

Hawkinskt
11-24-08, 12:06 AM
The guy is a "wanna be" that's all.

FistFu68
11-24-08, 01:18 AM
:evilgrin: TELL THAT LYING MUTHA ****ER THAT I'MM GONNA RIP HIS FUCING HEAD OFF AND CHIT DOWN HIS NECK,AND GIVE HIM SOME USMC CHIT HE REALLY RATES :mad: :iwo:

SgtArty
11-24-08, 06:01 AM
:evilgrin: TELL THAT LYING MUTHA ****ER THAT I'MM GONNA RIP HIS FUCING HEAD OFF AND CHIT DOWN HIS NECK,AND GIVE HIM SOME USMC CHIT HE REALLY RATES :mad: :iwo:

That's great! I'll let him know.
On another note, I'm at work right now and he comes in today. I'll ask him some more "Trivia" and see what he comes up with. Either way I already know he's full of it. But I just wanna see how deep he can dig his hole before it's over his head and he can't jump out.

mcvet57103
11-24-08, 06:10 AM
:evilgrin: TELL THAT LYING MUTHA ****ER THAT I'MM GONNA RIP HIS FUCING HEAD OFF AND CHIT DOWN HIS NECK,AND GIVE HIM SOME USMC CHIT HE REALLY RATES :mad:Hey fist, tell us how you really feel.:banana:

2ndCEBSupply
11-24-08, 08:28 AM
I already know he's full of it. But I just wanna see how deep he can dig his hole before it's over his head and he can't jump out.

Thats exactly what you should do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:marine:

Then let us all in on the fun, ask him questioins for us to lets see how long we can **** with him. :flag:

This should be fun.:banana:

SgtArty
11-24-08, 08:33 AM
This should be fun.:banana:

Oh it will!!! :bunny:

2ndCEBSupply
11-24-08, 08:34 AM
Keep me (us) in the loop i want to hear the bs that he comes up with.

Eric Hood
11-24-08, 09:28 AM
HI Sgt. Arty!
This is part of being a Marine;meeting the want to be a Marine. I have meet about a half a dozen of these. The most recent one, tries to avoid me.
Eric

SGT7477
11-24-08, 10:15 AM
Smells like chit to me,lol.

Bruce59
11-24-08, 10:35 AM
Here is something I use on people I think are posers. I ask them what
Bat. they were in at PI 1st 2nd 3rd or 4th if they pick 4th, game over.
Or they do not respond to you putting the 4th in there, game almost
over. Marines know the 4th is WM Bat. at PI.

MLMonk
11-24-08, 11:58 AM
Seems like a fake to me. Speaking of fakes, does anyone know what happened to that impersonator a few years ago who was over wieght to begin with and claimed to be a retired Marine and atteneded all the birthday balls? They had a picture of him in the Dress Red's.

usmc0331
11-24-08, 09:06 PM
what is mol?

mcvet57103
11-24-08, 09:12 PM
what is mol?It's short for Marines on line. A web site. If you google MOL you will find it.

2ndCEBSupply
11-25-08, 09:37 AM
SgtArty (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=56975)<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_415265", true); </SCRIPT>

what happen to keeping us in the loop

pnwhite
11-25-08, 12:59 PM
Well, I guess if you've just recently gotten out, you could remember your DI's name. The only one I can remember was Sgt. Molina, and that's because all of us in our platoon hated him. As for screwups, (and this is true!!) when I went up to Chicago to enlist, the Marine Corps recruiter and the Navy recruiters were in the same office. I can remember seeing this young guy talking to the Navy recruiter. He never once talked to the Marine recruiter. Well about 24 hours later, here we are getting off the plane in San Diego and we're all getting on this bus. I didn't think anything of it because we were all in the same office, we all went down to the physical check-up building together and on and on. So about 2 weeks into boot camp, this young man, I think his name was Harrell, did something wrong and the DI (nose to nose) was shouting at this boot and finally asked him "What the hell do you think you're in Boot? The Navy? And this Pvt said "Yes sir, that's what I signed up for." Well, Pvt Harrell had a hard row to hoe for the next 14 or 15 weeks, but he became a US Marine. On graduation day, we were all sitting around talking and he swore up and down that he had signed up for the Navy. All we could figure out was that the Navy recruiter had his quota for the month and just talked to the kid, but when Harrell signed on the dotted line, it was for the Marine Corps and not the Navy.

2ndCEBSupply
11-25-08, 01:02 PM
WTF is someone that stupid

pnwhite
11-25-08, 01:46 PM
Well, I'm not too sure how smart or dumb he was, but believe me, after about 2 weeks I was wondering what I had gotten into too. But, I had no doubt as to what branch I was in. I fully intended to be a Marine. (just didn't realize how much fun it would be getting there!!)

SgtArty
11-25-08, 09:17 PM
SgtArty (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=56975)<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_415265", true); </SCRIPT>

what happen to keeping us in the loop

Sorry guys, I've been busy at work. Tomorrow shouldn't be as crazy, and when I get a chance I'll ask him. Sorry for keeping you guys out of the loop.

OldGruntNamVet
11-26-08, 12:21 PM
Clearly this idiot is not a Marine, If he cannot remember anything about Boot Camp.

CHOPPER7199
11-26-08, 02:18 PM
How and hell, can you not remember boot camp? The screaming and yelling when the bus stopped, let alone the 1st meal. Mine was S.O.S. I thought someone barfed on my plate. lmfao Never had that chit before.

cedarbird6
11-26-08, 02:52 PM
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines:
Marines and the enemy.
Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."
Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Sounds like a second hand opinion to me and a pizz poor one at best..http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sauer/angry-smiley-002.gif

cedarbird6
11-26-08, 03:02 PM
Ask him what bends and mother f-----s are ! That will tell ya !!!!!!!

Hey USMCmailman, its amazing how people forget small details that were major influences in their lives.
Then someone will come along as you and open forgotten memories with a simple question.

If you were to ask me what bends and mother f-----s are !
I would be pizzen up wind to try and answer it.

However, if you were to ask me what duck butter was I could answer that in my sleep.

I went through MCRD in 1955 platoon 190.
We were told in no uncertain terms, when showing the FIRST thing we cleaned was any duck butter that had accumulated.

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/WhoaMan.gifyou f’n maggot. Did you clean your duck butter this morning.. Sir Yes Sir.

I cant speak for the rest of the platoon but I was not about to lie and to this day I check now and then for any duck butter accumulation….:D

I leave the answer open just in case there are other Marines that recall having to clean any accumulated duck butter..

Looking back, I never saw any DI actually inspecting any boot for accumulated duck butter…http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage22/14.gif

I will come back latter with the answer…
Semper Fi..

mcvet57103
11-26-08, 05:06 PM
Clearly this idiot is not a Marine, If he cannot remember anything about Boot Camp.It's been 34 years since I entered Boot, and I still remember my first night. Talk about one scared kid, I was 17 and thought I knew everything. 11 weeks later I was cocky but in a new and improved way. This sh-tbird needs to be grabbed by the stack and swivel and be jap slapped till he realizes posing is not the best idea he's ever had.

Marine1955
11-27-08, 07:04 PM
this is funny after i left the corps and went to work as a feedtruck driver at a feedyard in kansas,a guy that i worked with said almost the same thing. he said he went to boot camp at 29 palms andwas there for 8 weeks in bootcamp. when i asked him what his plt.number was and when he graduated he said he couldn't remember. i told him to his face your a god damn lier.any marine that goes to bootcamp knows that stuff. semep fi p.s. 30+ tears and my plt. was 114 1973 parris island ooorahhh

SgtThrasher
11-27-08, 08:15 PM
I had a similar happening,a man in my hunting club that knew I am a Marine and told me he was a Marine.So I asked him where he went to Boot Camp and he replied ,Camp Pendleton,
I knew he was a liar!He couldn't recall his DI's or MOS,said it was back in the 80's I Left Parris Island in December 1965 and I remember all 3 of my DI's and recently talked to my two junior DI's and I can still remember their drill cadence 43 years later.

Marine1955
11-27-08, 08:55 PM
i remember my di's also senior drill instrutor was S/sgt Fields AD's were S/sgt. Wynn and Sgt. quinn who made S/sgt. at end of our graduation and also i served with S/sgt. wynn at two other bases Quantico and he also made 1st/sgt. in Okinawa . so poser need a little more imfo before they try to bull sh*t a bullsh*ter:flag:

mcvet57103
11-28-08, 09:12 AM
34 years ago and I still remember my SDI and DI's names. SDI: SSgt Acevedo, DI's: Sgt Burnett, and Sgt Anderson. Plt series number 3129 Graduated Valentines Day Feb 14th, 1975. Any Marine who can't remember at least their SDI and Graduation date is either a Poser, or has Alzheimers. On a related note I don't have Alzheimers, I'm not that old yet, I only have Halfheimers.:banana:

nptwildcat
11-28-08, 09:49 AM
I can't remember my graduation day. I was just glad to get off that island.
SDI S/Sgt Billy D. Ledbetter, DI's S/Sgt Hall and Sgt. Meridian. Plt. 3082
Sept.3rd - ? 1980 Guess the Alzheimers is setting in early!

nortelpilot
11-28-08, 10:26 AM
Hey mcvet57103,

I had SSGT Acevedo in Sep of 77 Plt 1112 boot,not sure if was the same Marine but I remember he had a chest full of medals!

mcvet57103
11-28-08, 10:29 AM
Hey mcvet57103,

I had SSGT Acevedo in Sep of 77 Plt 1112 boot,not sure if was the same Marine but I remember he had a chest full of medals!If you go to my profile page I have pictures of my DIs. See if you recognise him.

mcvet57103
11-28-08, 10:50 AM
Hey mcvet57103,

I had SSGT Acevedo in Sep of 77 Plt 1112 boot,not sure if was the same Marine but I remember he had a chest full of medals!Yeah he had a chest full of medals when he was my SDI. Had a long scar on his jaw and neck he claimed he got in Nam. And he was meaner than he looks. LOL But he made me a Marine.

nortelpilot
11-28-08, 12:01 PM
LOL,I remember that scar and he wasn't someone to mess with.We had a recruit that kept messing up and he gave him some one on one discipline one day.
Never will forget that.
Semper Fi !

mcvet57103
11-28-08, 12:37 PM
Hey mcvet57103,

I had SSGT Acevedo in Sep of 77 Plt 1112 boot,not sure if was the same Marine but I remember he had a chest full of medals!Wow that would be almost 3 years after I had him. I went in Nov 74. That's 3 years of PT, drill, ITS etc etc. No wander he was such a mean Sum*****. LOL

cedarbird6
11-28-08, 01:24 PM
this is funny after i left the corps and went to work as a feedtruck driver at a feedyard in kansas,a guy that i worked with said almost the same thing. he said he went to boot camp at 29 palms andwas there for 8 weeks in bootcamp. when i asked him what his plt.number was and when he graduated he said he couldn't remember. i told him to his face your a god damn lier.any marine that goes to bootcamp knows that stuff. semep fi p.s. 30+ tears and my plt. was 114 1973 parris island ooorahhh

Boot camp at 29 Palms is the first clue u b in cow dong up to ya knees… Unless changes have been made there are only 2 Marine boot training camps. PI East of the Mississippi and MCRD West..

29 Palms at that time was a supply depot. Im told by some that were stationed there during inspection the shoe polish would melt off your shoes.

Off Topic:
Does anyone know how platoon numbers are assigned? I went through MCRD platoon 190 in 1955 along with platoon 189 and 191.

SgtArty
11-28-08, 06:45 PM
Im told by some that were stationed there during inspection the shoe polish would melt off your shoes.

Take it from me. I was stationed at 29. Yes the shoe polish can and will melt off! I had a 1stSgt that loved to talk. I remember before libo on fridays he would just talk and talk and talk, well one libo brief was so long that the soles of my/our jungle boots melted on the concrete. Now Marines don't have to worry about shoe polish with these new boots, but they still get just as hot.

Off topic;
I started asking the fake Marine some questions, and believe it or not, he was popping off knowledge. I was asking green monster knowledge and he knew it. Named his DI's and Plt number and Co. If anyone was in I Co Plt 3045 over in P.I. Please P.M. so that I an ask you about this guy. I'm starting to think he either went U.A. or got the boot for failure to adapt or something of that nature. I think he said he went to boot around the summer of 2000.

FistFu68
11-28-08, 10:11 PM
:evilgrin: MAYBEE 29STUMPS,FRIED HIS FRIGGING BRAIN PAN;2WHERE THE MUTHA F**KER ACTUALLY BELIEVES THAT HE WAS AT P.I. DURING THA' SUMMER(LMFAO):D :iwo:

mjhpgh
11-30-08, 07:10 PM
There is one at my work .He is a Marine also but he claims Force Recon and that he was an OCS Instructor .It could be but he does not strike me as a hard charger .Also he BS's about a lot of other...

FromMD
11-30-08, 07:39 PM
... OCS instructors were/are DIs that have done several rotations at the drill field/recruit depots. Ask him questions about that.

Rainbelt
11-30-08, 08:22 PM
Take it from me. I was stationed at 29. Yes the shoe polish can and will melt off! I had a 1stSgt that loved to talk. I remember before libo on fridays he would just talk and talk and talk, well one libo brief was so long that the soles of my/our jungle boots melted on the concrete. Now Marines don't have to worry about shoe polish with these new boots, but they still get just as hot.

Off topic;
I started asking the fake Marine some questions, and believe it or not, he was popping off knowledge. I was asking green monster knowledge and he knew it. Named his DI's and Plt number and Co. If anyone was in I Co Plt 3045 over in P.I. Please P.M. so that I an ask you about this guy. I'm starting to think he either went U.A. or got the boot for failure to adapt or something of that nature. I think he said he went to boot around the summer of 2000.

I was with 3rd 8" at 29 Palms the last half of 64. I remember that the sweat would start to run down your face and then evaporate before it had traveled more than a couple of inches. Laundry hung out on the line after dark would dry in about 10 or 15 minutes. Hot and dry.

mjhpgh
11-30-08, 09:04 PM
Thanks Lt .He has never mentioned being a DI at a Depot.

mcvet57103
11-30-08, 09:36 PM
Only thing worse than a Poser is a Marine who claims to be something he/she isn't. He/She disrepects all Marines who have sacrificed for their earned rep. I would never in a million years ever claim to be part of a company, platoon, unit, etc etc I did not earn the right to be a part of. Any Marine who does so, deminishes my respect for him/her, and dishonors those who have worked for their various unit's title.

Enigmatic
11-30-08, 11:37 PM
Only thing worse than a Poser is a Marine who claims to be something he/she isn't. He/She disrepects all Marines who have sacrificed for their earned rep. I would never in a million years ever claim to be part of a company, platoon, unit, etc etc I did not earn the right to be a part of. Any Marine who does so, deminishes my respect for him/her, and dishonors those who have worked for their various unit's title.

I hear ya. Every once in a while I tell someone I was with a FAST Company and their eyes light up and they start asking me questions. "What was it lke?" "Where did you deploy", etc. etc. I quickly have to let them know I spent my entire time there in the HQ working as the company clerk. It would be so easy for me to BS and say "oh man, I was with this platoon, did this this and that, went to CQB training, HRP, HRST, went to Iraq" etc. etc. But the thought never crosses my mind.

I was proud of what I did and not ashamed of what I didn't do. I wanted to deploy. The Corps had other plans for me. Luckily I'm only 24 and can get back in the fight if I wish. But these former Marines claiming they were super scout/sniper recon grunts with a 300 PFT and perfect score on the range, with 5 combat deployments under their belts and more Navy Crosses than Chesty make me sick....be proud of what you accomplished, but don't embellish, you know? SF Marines.

Big Jim
12-01-08, 12:19 AM

I ran into a few Marines just like this and we discovered they did serve but they lied about what they did. Those are the wannabes and neverhasbeens in our beloved Corps and were probably the disciplinary problems we had that were forced out. But they never did get the meaning of our Corps. Honor is a valuable thing that we paid for in blood and its never to be taken lightly or in jest.

People do need to understand that we, as Marines, embody the meaning of honor and we, as Marines, need to correct any other poser/wannabe/neverhasbeen who tries to steal that honor that we, and so many others have paid for with blood, sweat, tears and lives, have earned truly and honestly. SEMPER FI, MARINES.

mcvet57103
12-01-08, 05:58 AM
I ran into a few Marines just like this and we discovered they did serve but they lied about what they did. Those are the wannabes and neverhasbeens in our beloved Corps and were probably the disciplinary problems we had that were forced out. But they never did get the meaning of our Corps. Honor is a valuable thing that we paid for in blood and its never to be taken lightly or in jest.

People do need to understand that we, as Marines, embody the meaning of honor and we, as Marines, need to correct any other poser/wannabe/neverhasbeen who tries to steal that honor that we, and so many others have paid for with blood, sweat, tears and lives, have earned truly and honestly. SEMPER FI, MARINES.Well said Jim. I was a Vietnam Era Veteran and would never think of dishonoring those who actually served in country by claiming to be a Vietnam Veteran. I could, because of my service dates, get free medical care at the VA, but it would mean some veteran who actually earned it might not get his treatment. I know an Air Farce veteran who brags about getting free medical because he is a Vietnam Era Veteran. We work for the same place. Needless to say, we do not have much to say to each other at work because he knows how I feel about his sucking at the government's teat at the expence of those who sacrificed so he can.

CH53MetalMan
12-01-08, 06:46 AM
Well said Jim. I was a Vietnam Era Veteran and would never think of dishonoring those who actually served in country by claiming to be a Vietnam Veteran. I could, because of my service dates, get free medical care at the VA, but it would mean some veteran who actually earned it might not get his treatment. I know an Air Farce veteran who brags about getting free medical because he is a Vietnam Era Veteran. We work for the same place. Needless to say, we do not have much to say to each other at work because he knows how I feel about his sucking at the government's teat at the expence of those who sacrificed so he can.

Your example here immediately reminded me of a clown I work with that was recently bragging about comming out ahead on a cell phone insurance plan, because he got two free cell phones, during the contract.

Too many people are looking for cheap and easy ways to beat the system. Unfortunately we can't get more out of any 'system' that what is put into that arrangement, and today's society has placed an emphasis on taking more that you give as the path of success.

montana
12-02-08, 09:34 PM
most everyone i meet outside leatherneck that went to nam were special forses or recon or some other....tell um that must be why we lost....i was the only dam grunt over there

mcvet57103
12-02-08, 10:08 PM
most everyone i meet outside leatherneck that went to nam were special forses or recon or some other....tell um that must be why we lost....i was the only dam grunt over thereROFLMFAO!!! Yeah most real in country vets I know, including my father-in-law, don't like to talk much about their experience, but the wannabees don't hesitate to brag. My father-in-law is a 20 year, 2 tour, 2 purple heart, Vietnam veteran Marine, and he is just starting, after 30 years, to tell us some stories of what he experienced in the 60s. That tells all who haven't experienced it, including myself, how much his experience impacted his life then, and now. These Marines are finally becoming able to tell their stories, because of the veterans of today, through their sacrifices, have made the nation realize, the Vietnam Vet, did give their all for their country.

Scottie0417
12-02-08, 10:14 PM
This whole thing reminds me of a guy I knew last year at college. My roommate was pledging a fraternity and had this pledge brother who'd said he was in the Army. Claimed he was a medic with the 101st Airborne and that he'd done 18 months in Afghanistan and another 18 in Iraq. He said that he was able to separate from the Army early because he'd "seen too much combat." He had fake dog tags made, and whenever he got drunk, he would start crying about what he'd seen over there. When he wasn't drunk, he'd brag about all the people he'd killed. The fraternity eventually caught him in his lie and he admitted to never ever being in the military. His only military experience was a few weeks of ROTC. Makes me feel disgusted that only about 2% of our population is a part of the military, yet so many falsely claim about serving just so people will think that they're interesting people and so that others will think that they're heroes.

mgkusmc
12-02-08, 11:27 PM
Haha aint that *****? I bet he only cried when no one was giving him enough attention while drinking. Hell when I get bothered by memories I leave the room go have my "own" time per-say....usually a ciggarrette and a nice walk does the trick

mjhpgh
12-03-08, 01:10 PM
I will see the one I am talking about this weekend .I may need some more help in outing him .

nptwildcat
12-03-08, 01:23 PM
ROFLMFAO!!! Yeah most real in country vets I know, including my father-in-law, don't like to talk much about their experience, but the wannabees don't hesitate to brag. My father-in-law is a 20 year, 2 tour, 2 purple heart, Vietnam veteran Marine, and he is just starting, after 30 years, to tell us some stories of what he experienced in the 60s. That tells all who haven't experienced it, including myself, how much his experience impacted his life then, and now. These Marines are finally becoming able to tell their stories, because of the veterans of today, through their sacrifices, have made the nation realize, the Vietnam Vet, did give their all for their country.

Both my Brothers served in nam. They still don't talk about it.

mcvet57103
12-03-08, 01:37 PM
Both my Brothers served in nam. They still don't talk about it.My father-in-law was wounded at the Citidel, and during the Tet offensive. He still can't watch documentaries about the Vietnam conflict. Brings back to many memories.

mgkusmc
12-03-08, 02:18 PM
The best way to catch someone I've found out is to bull**** them back, but by making up stuff that sounds like its actually around.

Like heres an example: Man back in '83 at El Toro I was a 7313 you know what that is right? (wait till they say no or yes and then be like) man it was great being an Air Traffic Controller Scout, what we'd do is attach to Force Recon and then infaltrate enemy airbases and scout out where all their air equipment was and then direct our aircraft in to bomb the sh*t out of them. We usually either worked solo or in two man teams.

You can keep that bs going as long as you have to until they chime in some BS about how they have heard of that MOS and wanted to do it and **** and then you call em out on it. Maybe you will luck out and the guy will actually be a Marine and call you out on it. Then you just tell him the truth about why you were doing because you thought he was telling you sea stories.

I always find thats the best (and more fun) way of exposing posers by giving them a wild sea story that couldnt possibly be true and have them try to chime in.

One thing about a poser is....90% of the time they have a story that one ups yours or is similar.

ErikHeiker
12-04-08, 06:11 PM
How and hell, can you not remember boot camp? The screaming and yelling when the bus stopped, let alone the 1st meal. Mine was S.O.S. I thought someone barfed on my plate. lmfao Never had that chit before.

I'd never seen nor heard of SOS before boot camp either, but I sure loved the stuff. It was always my favorite breakfast.

mcvet57103
12-04-08, 06:16 PM
I'd never seen nor heard of SOS before boot camp either, but I sure loved the stuff. It was always my favorite breakfast.
LOL Boot was my indoctrination to such culinary delights as SOS, soft scrambled eggs, cold limp toast with hard butter on it cause it wouldn't melt, and grits that looked and tasted like elementary school paste with sand in it. What a great way to start the day.

SgtArty
12-04-08, 09:58 PM
S.O.S.
Sh*t On a Shingle!!
Truth be told, that was my favorite part of breakfast when I was in Iraq.

mjhpgh
12-04-08, 10:03 PM
SOS -I can not eat that

mcvet57103
12-04-08, 10:04 PM
S.O.S.
Sh*t On a Shingle!!
Truth be told, that was my favorite part of breakfast when I was in Iraq.LOL they've had several decades to improve the taste.

mgkusmc
12-04-08, 10:38 PM
You know what...now that I think about it I never had S.O.S. at boot camp.....they served the S but it wasnt O.S. if that makes sense.....mine was always served to me on rice....weird?

Wyoming
12-04-08, 11:11 PM
SOS -I can not eat that

1st had it in '65.

Will have it again Sunday morning, as usual.

Drop by, get some.

NOW, enough of this, back to our regularly scheduled thread!!

DocGreek
12-04-08, 11:22 PM
Gentlemen....the MOST remarkable place, I experienced a poser, was in a PTSD group, at the local V.A. clinic. He constantly acted out, and cut others off, in the group. Being a typical Corpsman, and a wounded RVN vet, I simply asked him a few specific questions, like....what year, what unit, and his MOS. He yelled, and screamed at me, and called me out! I stood up, and told the group therapist that I was going to leave, NOW! He told ME to SIT!! He made the poser leave, and asked all 10, of the reaming group, what they thought. Guess I frightened them....they thought I'd kill the M.F. Some of us Nam vet's have severe anger problems, take LOTS of med's, but when confronted by an a**hole, I'll kill the schmuck....before "they" can pull me off! Been there, done that, in combat.....it's STILL inside me.GOD HELP ME!!......SEMPER FI......Doc Greek

usmcmech02
12-06-08, 06:18 AM
can always go simple and ask him be like man i remmember that one field we did the crucible on oh man what as that thing called. i mean granted people outside of the corp may know about paige field but i doubt that they will know details....just ask questions from boot that are simple as hell and eventually you'll catch him in his lies

mcvet57103
12-06-08, 08:28 AM
can always go simple and ask him be like man i remmember that one field we did the crucible on oh man what as that thing called. i mean granted people outside of the corp may know about paige field but i doubt that they will know details....just ask questions from boot that are simple as hell and eventually you'll catch him in his liesYes if he went through boot when you did, but every year or so they change aspects and training in boot. There was no crucible when I did Boot for instance. Exposing a Poser can be hard if he was not in your MOS, or in during the same years you were. Some general questions about the Corps that never change would work, but watch your step when calling someone a Poser. Could backfire on you ,or worse, you could cause a real vet to question himself and his sacrifice. Posers need to be exposed, all I'm saying is know your facts are correct.

mjhpgh
12-06-08, 05:17 PM
I was bummed out .The guy I was going to "question" about being Force Recon and an OCS Instructor did not show up for Reserves (AFR) this weekend .

SgtDBrownRet
12-06-08, 07:35 PM
Does anyone have the reciept to Sh&t part of SOS. I have tried to make it, but it just don't taste right.

Wyoming
12-06-08, 07:56 PM
D, I need to go look, but methinks that Ellie, among others, put some good ones on here.

(You know, iffen you warn't a Swajent, I'd nail your arse to the wall here.)

mjhpgh
12-06-08, 08:50 PM
SOS-I think you have to make enough for at least 1000 servings to get the right flavor.

Wyoming
12-06-08, 09:02 PM
Here you go D - http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10779&highlight=Recipe

ecfree
12-06-08, 09:04 PM
Oh sorry,I thought this was Leatherneck .com,not th food channel......:D

Photoshooter
12-08-08, 07:47 PM
This also has it's own thread...but I'd really like to nail this prick if he is a poser...He sells patrol boats and it would be nice to expose him in his industry for the dishonorable, lying coward that he seems to be...

I am a former US Navy Lt, that spent 5 years with Special Boat Unit XI from 1984-1989. Having served in the NavSpecWar, I am aware of the number of people who claim to be former SEAL team members, Marine Force Recon members or other members of our rather elite community. I have a friend who has run into someone I suspect of making such a false claim. I could be wrong but his story doesn't pass the sniff test.

John Hotz, (age 47) of Port Orange, Florida, claims to have been a sniper with Force Recon (as well as being a member of a FAST team), and claims to have served in the Panama invasion in 1989. (He is also claiming PTSD from that experience as well interestingly enough). Is there any way to confirm this claim? Is there a roster of men who have served in that engagement or a roster that would be searchable for his actual membership in Force Recon? A roster of men that have gone through Marine Sniper training that would have served in thetime frame of the invasion of Panama?

I detest military "fakers", they dishonor those have have truly been there and done that. This guy might be legit, but he has told other lies that cause me to question this story. I've not met him personally, I've just heard of his claims through a friend who is in contact with him.

Is it possible to send out an email to your members with these questions to either validate his claims or expose him for the dishonorable coward that I believe him to be?

1) Does anyone know of a John Hotz in Force Recon that was deployed during the Panama invasion? If so, can they contact me directly?

2) Does Force Recon utilize Marine Corps trained snipers as part of their normal assets deployed?

3) Does anyone know of a John Hotz EVER going through Force Recon school in ANY class?

4) Does anyone know of a John Hotz (originally from MA, I believe) ever going through Marine basic training and earning the right to wear a Marine Corps uniform?

I know that he currently lives in Port Orange, Florida and is apparently from the east coast, but don't know if he did his basic training in the east or was a hollywood Marine (I'm assuming Paris Island). I also know that he is currently age 47 and assume that he probably went through basic at the age of 18-19. He supposedly told this woman that his military could not be found in the normal searches and that they are classified. More total bull****, but I just can't prove it. SEAL team has retired chiefs that call upon people who claim to be former SEALs and discuss the intelligence of making such claims in a rather intimidating way with those *******s. Wish you guys had a similar program. Is there anything that you can think of that may help me prove or disprove the validity of his claims? It would sure make me feel good knowing that this guy is exposed for the fraud that he seems to be.

Sincerely,

Lt. Michael Sanservino, USN(R)
PO Box 1362
North Bend, WA 98045
425-802-0011

:iwo::iwo::iwo:

mgkusmc
12-08-08, 08:07 PM
This also has it's own thread...but I'd really like to nail this prick if he is a poser...He sells patrol boats and it would be nice to expose him in his industry for the dishonorable, lying coward that he seems to be...

I am a former US Navy Lt, that spent 5 years with Special Boat Unit XI from 1984-1989. Having served in the NavSpecWar, I am aware of the number of people who claim to be former SEAL team members, Marine Force Recon members or other members of our rather elite community. I have a friend who has run into someone I suspect of making such a false claim. I could be wrong but his story doesn't pass the sniff test.

John Hotz, (age 47) of Port Orange, Florida, claims to have been a sniper with Force Recon (as well as being a member of a FAST team), and claims to have served in the Panama invasion in 1989. (He is also claiming PTSD from that experience as well interestingly enough). Is there any way to confirm this claim? Is there a roster of men who have served in that engagement or a roster that would be searchable for his actual membership in Force Recon? A roster of men that have gone through Marine Sniper training that would have served in thetime frame of the invasion of Panama?

I detest military "fakers", they dishonor those have have truly been there and done that. This guy might be legit, but he has told other lies that cause me to question this story. I've not met him personally, I've just heard of his claims through a friend who is in contact with him.

Is it possible to send out an email to your members with these questions to either validate his claims or expose him for the dishonorable coward that I believe him to be?

1) Does anyone know of a John Hotz in Force Recon that was deployed during the Panama invasion? If so, can they contact me directly?

2) Does Force Recon utilize Marine Corps trained snipers as part of their normal assets deployed?

3) Does anyone know of a John Hotz EVER going through Force Recon school in ANY class?

4) Does anyone know of a John Hotz (originally from MA, I believe) ever going through Marine basic training and earning the right to wear a Marine Corps uniform?

I know that he currently lives in Port Orange, Florida and is apparently from the east coast, but don't know if he did his basic training in the east or was a hollywood Marine (I'm assuming Paris Island). I also know that he is currently age 47 and assume that he probably went through basic at the age of 18-19. He supposedly told this woman that his military could not be found in the normal searches and that they are classified. More total bull****, but I just can't prove it. SEAL team has retired chiefs that call upon people who claim to be former SEALs and discuss the intelligence of making such claims in a rather intimidating way with those *******s. Wish you guys had a similar program. Is there anything that you can think of that may help me prove or disprove the validity of his claims? It would sure make me feel good knowing that this guy is exposed for the fraud that he seems to be.

Sincerely,

Lt. Michael Sanservino, USN(R)
PO Box 1362
North Bend, WA 98045
425-802-0011

:iwo::iwo::iwo:

Sir,

I would check with the Force Recon Association and also I looked up on Wikipedia the units involved in Panama and here are the following Marine units that were involved....

Marine Security Forces Battalion Panama
3rd Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3rd_Battalion_6th_Marines)

India Company
Kilo Company
Weapons Company (det)

FAST Platoon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fleet_Antiterrorism_Security_Teams)
Delta Company, 2nd Light Armored Infantry Battlion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2nd_Light_Armored_Infantry_Battlion)
Det (G), 2nd BSSG, 2nd FSSG (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2nd_Marine_Logistics_Group)

Now if hes legit theres a chance he might have served with that FAST Platoon, and something was lost in translation where they thought he said he was Force Recon during Panama, but it doesnt seem like that is the case.

And also its possible that Wikipedia did not include the Force Recon group in Panama, but I did a search for Force Recon in the Invasion of Panama and nothing came up that poised an accurate answer. I hope this helps a little and if I can do more I will let you know but as of right now thats all I can provide you, its a start though.

Photoshooter
12-08-08, 08:13 PM
mgkusmc---already checked with Force Recon Association, no record of him and the moderator there believes him to be a fraud as well. Just want to nail this down so that there is no doubt. I could have her ask to see his dd-215 (lol) if he corrects her, he MAY be legit. He's across the country from me, so I can't question him the way I'd like to...Is water boarding really THAT bad a thing?

Semper Fi guys, thanks for helping!

SgtDBrownRet
12-08-08, 08:20 PM
D, I need to go look, but methinks that Ellie, among others, put some good ones on here.

(You know, iffen you warn't a Swajent, I'd nail your arse to the wall here.)

Are you sure that's all that's holding you back?

SgtDBrownRet
12-08-08, 08:22 PM
Oh sorry,I thought this was Leatherneck .com,not th food channel......:D

Oh be quite, I'll freeze, vacuum seal and mail ya some. Just drop bag in boiling water or nuke. :bunny: Friends?

Wyoming
12-08-08, 09:15 PM
Are you sure that's all that's holding you back?

Careful there Sawge, I gots a Black Belt in Bar Stool. :cool:

Eric Hood
12-11-08, 03:37 PM
Gents!
I met a guy, who says he was in Recon. Maybe, maybe not. He wears a pair of Golden Jump Wings on a civilian shirt. I never saw a Recon guy doing that. He (claims) was in for two years and got into Recon. Maybe he is legit and I am getting too suspicious in my old age. I told him, I was in the Corps(not Recon!) too. Now,the man now avoids me. I don't want to call him on it, but it looks fishy. I have already met some posers.
Semper Fi,
Eric

Wyoming
12-11-08, 05:45 PM
Gents!
I met a guy, who says he was in Recon. Maybe, maybe not. He wears a pair of Golden Jump Wings on a civilian shirt. I never saw a Recon guy doing that. He (claims) was in for two years and got into Recon. Maybe he is legit and I am getting too suspicious in my old age. I told him, I was in the Corps(not Recon!) too. Now,the man now avoids me. I don't want to call him on it, but it looks fishy. I have already met some posers.
Semper Fi,
Eric

Yep, methinks you found one.

When you mentioned Corps to him it sounded like he freaked.

Sheeit, you don't have to 'call him out', just ask questions, he'll bust his own asz.

FromMD
12-11-08, 07:03 PM
As an officer selection officer's assistant I encountered a young (said he was 19) man at one of the universities i frequented, had quite the gut on him, didnt dress very well and had quite a few tattoos. He told me he had been a Marine (he had an EGA tattoo on his arm too). I have no idea what his deal was, he did not look like a Marine, or carry himself like a Marine. At 19 I have a hard time believing he had truly been a Marine, especially with how overweight he was. But his EGA tattoo led me to think there may have been something, never pursued him though (over weight, tattoos that DQed him and 19 a former Marine at 19?)...

SGT7477
12-11-08, 08:22 PM
Gents!
Semper Fi,
Eric

Looks like another loser.:evilgrin:

2ndCEBSupply
12-12-08, 08:49 AM
thats a real shame he needs therapy.

law141
12-16-08, 09:28 PM
Try kick his ass,if he doesn't kick yours it's a fake!

mcvet57103
12-16-08, 10:43 PM
Try kick his ass,if he doesn't kick yours it's a fake!Profile Bro.

harry3082
05-25-10, 09:25 PM
Nptwildcat screw the young wet nose puppy Jar Heads who can't believe someone is a Marine because you don't remember our graduation! It was a lousy one. The rain forced it to be held in the old movie theater with no room for our families to fit in. The 30 minutes it lasted wasn't memorable at all. I spent 11 weeks bunked right above you listening to Senior DI Ledbetter pronounce your name as if it was spelled "Busky". These grunts that doubt you should apologize! Its 30 years later and that picture is proof you haven't aged that much! I can't believe I'm on this site. I googled our graduation class and found you on here being doubted about being a Marine only to find myself coming here to defend my fellow brother of class 3082. Forget Me? I forgive you. A car accident right after boot camp ended my service. Pvt Donahue signing off for now!

TinDragon
05-25-10, 10:05 PM
Uh, Harry, this thread is like a year and a half old.

tuboe
05-25-10, 11:51 PM
most everyone i meet outside leatherneck that went to nam were special forses or recon or some other....tell um that must be why we lost....i was the only dam grunt over thereAs was me, just a grunt and happy with what ever crap that was thrown at me as long as did my job and survived.

tuboe
05-26-10, 12:26 AM
I don't know the whole story, there was a poser in the Idaho Department Marine Corps League. Who is now in the slammer for, fraud, wearing unauthorized medals. He was the Commandant of one of the Detachments in my state. He was sentenced this last year.

tuboe
05-26-10, 01:05 AM
I don't know the whole story, there was a poser in the Idaho Department Marine Corps League. Who is now in the slammer for, fraud, wearing unauthorized medals. He was the Commandant of one of the Detachments in my state. He was sentenced this last year.This bothered me so I searched the web about it. This piece of scum from a 200 year old outhouse still in use should be tared and feathered, I'm really trying to be good but it is hard. Read for yourself: http://davidhinkson.com/Menu_News/Cat_News1/articlenewsjvi.html?unthemeizer=1

gkmoz
05-26-10, 10:12 AM
LOL Boot was my indoctrination to such culinary delights as SOS, soft scrambled eggs, cold limp toast with hard butter on it cause it wouldn't melt, and grits that looked and tasted like elementary school paste with sand in it. What a great way to start the day. Absolutely loved the bread pudding !! My first introduction to it was in bootcamp. Hometown buffet makes it exactly like it was in boot. Love it !! My favorite dessert !:D

tuboe
05-26-10, 10:36 AM
I've had SOS all of my life, My dad was a career sailor. I enjoyed the SOS in the chow hall a lot better. I found it made with chip beef quit often at MCRD, which I liked more than the hamburger. The Marine Corps was the the first time I had it with chipped beef.

kenrobg30
05-26-10, 11:09 AM
I wish you people wouldn't talk about Boot Camp Food, it makes me hungry, and nostalgic. When I meet older Veterans, and we stop to talk, the first question I ask is, What unit (meaning combat unit) were you with. It has never bothered me, whether or not that vet. had seen combat. We talk about things that happened to us. Mostly humorous things. If we decide we like and trust each other, we talk about things we would never discuss in front of civilians. I like that, because it helps to share the load, and it helps me sleep better. I no longer have a problem talking about the past, as long as the people i'm talking to, can understand the language, and the emotion that goes with it. Don't doubt the old guy, just because he can't remember. Not remembering hurts too. :flag: S/F!!! Ken

mcvet57103
05-26-10, 07:52 PM
I no longer have a problem talking about the past, as long as the people i'm talking to, can understand the language, and the emotion that goes with it. Don't doubt the old guy, just because he can't remember. Not remembering hurts too. :flag: S/F!!! Ken:thumbup::thumbup:

tuboe
05-26-10, 10:34 PM
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I have been able to go into a local Vietnamese Restaurant for the last six years, although I have to face the waitress area because I have problems hearing their language behind me.

Soupsahn
03-31-11, 12:03 PM
I have a friend who was in the Korean War and he still remembers his platoon number and DI's. It's something you never forget.

cedarbird6
03-31-11, 01:02 PM
mcvet57103
Due to disrespect, and harrassment by trolls, and posers, I have deleted most of the info in my profile, and am leaving the site. I wish you all good luck in life, and maybe I'll come back some day. Till then, Semper Fi. mcvet57103 this is horse schit.
If you are a Marine, reestablish your profile.

Then:

Shove disrespect and harassments up the troll’s ass:

Then:

Shove the trolls up the poser’s ass.

Then:

Sit back and enjoy what I perceive as enjoyment..
When confronted with similar disrespect.

Recall can be a very elusive endeavor at best, and sheer failure at worst.
I can recall my platoon number and service number from the 50’s.

If my life depended on it I could not give you my DI’s names.
Not because they were cupcakes,
because they beat the living schit out of me on one occasion
and were maniacal at turning scum into Marines.

Frater Infinitas
SF.

AdminAssassin
03-31-11, 11:30 PM
Damn that's a rough start to your career in the Corps! Didn't know he even signed up to be a Marine lol. Sucked for him at the time, but it worked out for him in the end. "Why do you wanna be a Marine rct Harrell?"..."A what?"

silverdollar
04-01-11, 08:08 AM
Well, I guess that I am a phoney too. I can not remember my boot camp plt #. I remember that I was at PI, 2ed bn on the 2ed deck and my senior DI was a buck sgt Flynn. started boot on May19 1954 to Aug 6 1954.

montana
04-01-11, 09:31 AM
Silver...have friends that i was real close to in nam....most the tour...cant remember their names...go figure...also have made contackt with others that was close to and rememberd their name...they had truble remembering me...soooo it goes you did the time to hell with the doubters....several have a problem with me and my time/rank...it dont mean nothin bro

HST
04-01-11, 11:37 AM
Not to change the subject too much but there are Marines who didn't go to boot camp and served honorably and bravely. My brother, the other Cpl. Simpson being one and a great many of the St. Louis Mo. reservists who served with Baker 1/7 in the Chosin Reservior in Nov. 1950. A few that were left all members of the Chosin Few came up here to see him off when we layed him to rest at Jefferson Barracks. We went to my palce and had some drinks afterwards. Most of those guys enlisted in the reserves after high school in june and july 1950. Everything in the Corps was slow then WWII was over, the Corps budget was cut, nobody thought there would ever be another war, they told them they would get aroung to sending them when the Corps had the space and funds to get them to boot camp. In Sept 50 they sent them all to Pendleton for 3 weeks of training and from there to Korea. Most of them had never qualified with the M-1 they had a few days of firing and that was it. My brother was a big guy, they gave him a BAR. He told me he fired about 40 rounds through it at Pendleton and the next time he was shooting at the chinese. I'd say they did pretty good though, Baker was the company that went over the hills to relieve Barber at Tac Tong Pass.

My bro and I were close and my wife's uncle was the Co. Gunney for Baker, he was a guest of the japs for 2&1/2 years on corregador, we talked and drank too much a lot. I think the key for those guys was all of the leaders were WWII vets. Boot camp is important but having leaders who had done it all, survived it all and were still willing stand up and say lets go when the sh*t really hits the fan is what it's really all about.

cedarbird6
04-01-11, 12:59 PM
Hey silverdollar…. I can’t remember for how long back, but I have always believed you’re never to old to learn someN new every day.

Couple days ago I learned someN new that I never knew before..
Today I cant remember just what the hell it was tho…

As I see it …
SOME THINGS you never forget… and SOME THINGS you just as soon forget.
The only sure thing in life I believe you NEVER forget is, you are and will always be a Marine.

cedarbird6
04-01-11, 01:29 PM
&lt;style&gt;&lt;!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;; panose-1:0 2 2 6 3 5 4 5 2 3; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; ...

RonaldOverby
05-02-11, 07:38 PM
yeah he sounds like a poser. if you are a Marine there are no holes in your story, you went through so much SHT you cant forget it. its been over 25 years since i been out of the corps but i can recite this to you in my sleep. the cycle of operation of the m16 a1 rifle is, firing, unlockin, extracting, ejecting, cocking, feeding, chambering and locking..... now thats a mofo that can tell you he is a Marine.... that guy is a pooooooser!! LOL

pocatellodave
05-03-11, 10:13 AM
He is full of crap.Why do so many people lie about being in are beloved Corps?!It offends us all.Same as people all being snipers,or Navy Seals.Cripes somebody had to be cooks,mechanics,etc.
Had a guy at the V.A. hospital giving me a load of crap about being a Seal,and I finally told him to just plain shut up.It really torques me when the lying starts!
Semper Fi

advanced
05-04-11, 05:50 AM
yeah he sounds like a poser. if you are a Marine there are no holes in your story, you went through so much SHT you cant forget it. its been over 25 years since i been out of the corps but i can recite this to you in my sleep. the cycle of operation of the m16 a1 rifle is, firing, unlockin, extracting, ejecting, cocking, feeding, chambering and locking..... now thats a mofo that can tell you he is a Marine.... that guy is a pooooooser!! LOL

If you asked me that question I'd come off as a poser simply because I was pre-m16. I can't remember learning anything like that for the m14 or m1 either.

I can't remember my graduation day either, though it was toward the end of March 67. Go easy on some of the old guys.

kaelobo
05-04-11, 06:09 AM
I agree what day is it, sometime i walk right into the glass door. thinking i see a gook outside. it my refection.....s/f

Mongoose
05-04-11, 08:12 AM
If you asked me that question I'd come off as a poser simply because I was pre-m16. I can't remember learning anything like that for the m14 or m1 either.

I can't remember my graduation day either, though it was toward the end of March 67. Go easy on some of the old guys.
Russ, I couldnt break down any weapon from the day. I was a m-60 gunner. No telling how many rounds I fired off. Had 4 different m-60s in Nam. I would have a hard time locking a belt in it now. I had a member here on LN that I went to bootcamp with, Bob Staats, correct me one day. I got the month wrong when we graduated. Lots of Marines names I cant remember, but can still see them in my mind. Lots of Marines I only knew by nick name. Lots of shet happens in 40 years. It would be stupid to think someone could remember everything.

FistFu68
05-04-11, 10:11 AM
:evilgrin: LOL,went too the VA.yesterday told My new Primary Phys.I needed too get a new barrel for My GUN...AKA.PENIS REDUCTION,then told Him 'cause I was in such a good mood,they could give the Excess too F**King Queers and they could use it for Chewing Gum,with all due Respect :D :iwo:

pocatellodave
05-04-11, 10:35 AM
The memory loss in the process of growing older bothers me a lot.I'm only 67,and I think my memory loss is getting worse.I will say this I know I know I'm a Marine and that's some I'll never forget.
My wife tells me I have selective memory loss.I wish that was true!
Semper Fi

P.S. I'm 21 at heart,and I'd do again the same way Gung Ho!

kaelobo
05-04-11, 11:04 AM
Starting to forget names of faces and places in nam, and i go back there almost every night, must be from self medicating days s/f

advanced
05-04-11, 11:21 AM
Russ, I couldnt break down any weapon from the day. I was a m-60 gunner. No telling how many rounds I fired off. Had 4 different m-60s in Nam. I would have a hard time locking a belt in it now. I had a member here on LN that I went to bootcamp with, Bob Staats, correct me one day. I got the month wrong when we graduated. Lots of Marines names I cant remember, but can still see them in my mind. Lots of Marines I only knew by nick name. Lots of shet happens in 40 years. It would be stupid to think someone could remember everything.

You should remember a lot more than me because you boots went in way after us old-timers. All that MC stuff should still be fresh.

Mongoose
05-04-11, 01:31 PM
You should remember a lot more than me because you boots went in way after us old-timers. All that MC stuff should still be fresh.
Yeah right. I am grateful for you all. If it wasnt for you'll, we would have had to mop up after ourself.

GT6238
05-04-11, 01:51 PM
Man, I couldn't remember the General Orders when I was in. I probably could still break down the weapons easily, but I'd have to do in in my hands, I could not describe it. I can only remember the names of a few people anymore...

Mongoose
05-04-11, 03:20 PM
Russ, last time I called Billy, he was studying his Guidebook and wouldn't even talk to me much. I finally hung up, heard him mumbling stuff about his General Orders.
My first general order Sir, is. Never join the fvcking Air Force.

advanced
05-04-11, 04:21 PM
My second general order, Sir: Is to never allow myself to be seduced into becoming an officer, Sir!

HST
05-06-11, 08:37 AM
I'm right there with Billy, I never could figure the 14 out and I've got one in my closet here...mag in the bottom...squeeze trigger.....rounds out the front...brass out the top.... pour water on it when it gets too hot... squirt oil in it when it stops working ......I'm still trying to get that thingey in the back open, I'd like to see what's hidden in there.

m14ed
05-06-11, 10:48 AM
I'm right there with Billy, I never could figure the 14 out
I've got one in my closet here...
mag in the bottom...
squeeze trigger.....
rounds out the front...
brass out the top....
pour water on it when it gets too hot...
squirt oil in it when it stops working ......
I'm still trying to get that
"THINGEY"
in the back open,
I'd like to see what's hidden in there.

"Thats Classic "

YLDNDN6
05-06-11, 10:53 AM
This thread has really caused me some concern...I'm not sure how much I remember anymore.
MCRD San Diego
3rd Recruit Training Bn
Plt 3039
Grad date 19830703 (or maybe it was the 2nd)
Sr Drill Instructor SSgt Ehlers
Junior Drill Instructors...
Sgt Summers
Sgt Runner
Sgt McBride

It seems like there is a bit more to remember, but for the life of me, I have no idea what it is...
I remember there was another Drill Instructor on the Depot at the time who scared the crap out of me. He was about 7 feet tall and looked like he was a pacific islander or something. I always avoided being anywhere near him if possible, and one day I ran right into him in the chow hall. He, of course, got the permission of my Drill Instructor to wear me out in the pits. He seemed to enjoy it a wee bit too much, as I recall. I was a sandy, dusty, sweaty mess when it was all said and done.
Ahhh, the memories!

jwilcox27
05-06-11, 01:08 PM
The only general order I remember is the 13th "I walk my post from flank to flank and take no **** from any rank." I've been in for almost 4 years and I can't even remember peoples names so just because someone doesn't remember details does not neccesarily make them a poser. I have a friend whose truck got hit 3 times and he can't hardly remember his own name half the time certain things screw with your memory so don't jump to conclusions get all your facts before you call someone out.

YLDNDN6
05-07-11, 05:50 AM
Here's a poser story to end all poser stories. I used to have a neighbor (female) who started dating this guy. She told me that I just had to meet him, because he was a Marine, too. So, we meet up...

YLDNDN6
05-07-11, 01:35 PM
The only general order I remember is the 13th "I walk my post from flank to flank and take no **** from any rank." I've been in for almost 4 years and I can't even remember peoples names so just because someone doesn't remember details does not neccesarily make them a poser. I have a friend whose truck got hit 3 times and he can't hardly remember his own name half the time certain things screw with your memory so don't jump to conclusions get all your facts before you call someone out.

I remember a few of them, but I'll be darned if I remember what order they go in! General orders, that is, not people....lol

kaelobo
05-07-11, 01:51 PM
I remember 10 packs wintergreen, and alot of mamasons,s/f

Causby
05-07-11, 06:09 PM
I meet a guy at a bar one day who was wearing a gold necklace with a EGA charm. He had a EGA tattoo that was still peeling. I asked him what his MOS was and he stated "Force Recon". I asked him where he went to boot camp. He said 29 palms. Red flags went up and I knew he was full of **** so I decided to keep quizing him. I asked him where he went to S.O.I. and he said he went straight from 29 palms to Force Recon school. I had enough and called him out. He got ****ed and told me he would show me he was recon. I told him I would meet him outside and we would find out. He wouldn't go to the "treeline". I can't stand a F**k'n poser.

radio relay
05-07-11, 07:10 PM
Holy smokes! That's terrible! <br />
<br />
Sounds like this guy is involved in criminal identity theft! He needs to be caught. If he's stolen the identity of a deceased Marine, it's possible he could steal...

CrockettJW
05-10-11, 02:17 PM
I just read through this whole tread. I know it's an old thread, but I still like reading all the information about people who pretend. It's always interesting to see how they deal with...