PDA

View Full Version : Asthma

tripletgirl101
11-20-08, 04:29 PM
Well, I bet you guys have seen alot of these topics but I guess I have not exactly had my question(s) answered from looking at the other threads, so here I am making my own. I am 14 years old (I know I am young) and I have asthma, atleast I think. I have been told I have had asthma since I was too little to understand what it was, and here I am and I am still being told I have asthma. I have not had an asthma attack, but I had a time when I was 5 when I just could not catch my breath for a minute. I know I have allergies but I am not aure if I still have asthma or not, or if it is just allergies. So, if I do not have it right now is there a possibility that I could get into the corps? And if I do still have it and then later grow out of it before the age of 18 would I be able to get in? So yeah. Thanks guys! :usmc:

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-20-08, 08:26 PM
This has been answered 123,305,392,049,030 times. The answer is pretty simple- you've been diagnosed as having asthma. When it comes time to talk to the recruiter, tell him that you've been diagnosed with asthma. They'll screen you, do some tests, and decide whether or not you can enlist. It can be done, it worked just fine for me. Don't try to hide it because if they find out later, you will be kicked out.

sparkie
11-20-08, 08:38 PM
Asthma, allergies, go hand in hand. At 18, If a doc passes you off, your good to go. Until then,,,,, Grow up. It's a big world. [can't believe I'm talkin to babies].
{I'm bein nice tonite,,,,,right Bros???].

Artemis
11-20-08, 09:11 PM
Not a bro but I thought that you are always nice sparkie.

Phantom Blooper
11-20-08, 09:21 PM
Just out of curiosity...what are your allergies?:evilgrin:

sparkie
11-20-08, 09:24 PM
Not a bro but I thought that you are always nice sparkie.
I shall adjust and correct firing,,,,,,Love you too,,,,,,,:beer:

tripletgirl101
11-21-08, 11:00 AM
LOL, Yes I am a baby but you have to start somewhere right? Anyways, my allergies would be just allergic to mold, and pollen.

temarti
11-21-08, 12:04 PM
my allergies would be just allergic to mold, and pollen

When the time comes you will have a hard time at PI, mold and Pollen go hand in hand in that environment.

JWorkDI
11-21-08, 12:08 PM
It's true. Depending on how bad your allergic reations are, you may find it very difficult to run/pt/get driven into the dirt.

tripletgirl101
11-21-08, 12:23 PM
I have lived in South Carolina and the allergies are the same as they are here. Every summer I go to Hilton Head Island so I am pretty used to SC.

Fubar5812
12-20-08, 04:45 PM
I had the exact same problem as you,I was never diagnosed with asmtha but everytime i played sports or was in a dusty/moldy enviorment i would start wheezing. Try taking zyrtec,it works wonders.surprisingly when i got to P.I I didn't have any problems with the PT,to this day i have not had any problems breathing during running since i left for bootcamp,I guess i just had to excerise my lung capacity.

tripletgirl101
12-20-08, 08:29 PM
I had the exact same problem as you,I was never diagnosed with asmtha but everytime i played sports or was in a dusty/moldy enviorment i would start wheezing. Try taking zyrtec,it works wonders.surprisingly when i got to P.I I didn't have any problems with the PT,to this day i have not had any problems breathing during running since i left for bootcamp,I guess i just had to excerise my lung capacity.

LOL I do take Zyrtec but yeah. I don't use my inhaler and haven't for a year - 2 years so yeah. But I was a preemie and I am also an identical triplet so I don't know.My sisters have many medical problems but I escaped with only asthma and allergies. I guess I just have to grow up but I can't help worrying. Thanks.

tripletgirl101
12-29-08, 03:43 PM
So many questions but answers I will have to find out when I am 18. I doubt a recruiter would take me seriously but what about the whole Marine reruiting number (1-800-MARINES) will they take me seriously?

Old Marine
12-29-08, 05:31 PM
Little girl, if you were one of my dinks, I would hand you the guideon and right face, forward march, double time march and continue for 3 miles. If you go down the rest of the dinks run over you. Bet you would make it.

sparkie
12-29-08, 05:59 PM
Little girl, if you were one of my dinks, I would hand you the guideon and right face, forward march, double time march and continue for 3 miles. If you go down the rest of the dinks run over you. Bet you would make it.
Old Marine.:evilgrin:

tripletgirl101
12-29-08, 07:17 PM

Bet I would make it meaning.... (yes I am slow ;))

Old Marine
12-30-08, 09:36 AM
A Recruit Platoon runs as fast as its slowest Pvt. I suggest you start running immediately and learn to run at a decent pace. By the time you enlist you should be good to go the full 3 miles without the rest of the platoon running over you.

tripletgirl101
12-30-08, 09:59 AM
LOL okay got it! xD Let me guess that a 9min mile is not a decent pace..... :scared: