PDA

View Full Version : Found one of my DIs on Facebook

GolfingJarhead
11-20-08, 03:44 PM
Talk about weird. Just happened to type in one of my DIs last name on Facebook and found him. He added me as a friend and we had a good little chat about what we have been up to. Felt so damn weird! Just thought I'd share!

thedrifter
11-20-08, 07:23 PM
:thumbup:

Ellie

BR34
11-20-08, 07:32 PM
Ha, I'm about to try this right now!

FreqFL
11-20-08, 07:40 PM
I tracked down my SDI after several years worth of google searches. I tracked him down to a church that he is a member of and verified that it was indeed him by looking at photos on the website.

We've swapped emails over the past year now - it's like finding a lost family member!

DIUSMC
11-21-08, 02:19 PM
Talk about weird. Just happened to type in one of my DIs last name on Facebook and found him. He added me as a friend and we had a good little chat about what we have been up to. Felt so damn weird! Just thought I'd share!
The feeling was the correct one, "pretty damn weird".

2ndCEBSupply
11-21-08, 02:28 PM
I threw my scrub brush at my DI i hated him.

DIUSMC
11-21-08, 02:32 PM
I have to assume that he didn't realize that or it didn't hit him. Having spent a total of 7.5 years training recruits I can assure you that the E4 rank shown on your post would never have been attained, and that no corpsman in the world could have extracted that scrub brush from your ass if he had known.
Hate the Man respect the Rank!

SGT7477
11-21-08, 03:29 PM
If we would have thrown something at our DI's we would have it shoved down our throats big time.

2ndCEBSupply
11-21-08, 04:13 PM
Hate the Man respect the Rank!

Long story but you would have been on myside.

Zulu 36
11-21-08, 04:18 PM
Long story but you would have been on myside.

Maybe, but the court-martial wouldn't have been.

2ndCEBSupply
11-21-08, 04:28 PM
I knew i was going to get some responses, it must be taboo or some **** to speak out loud about some DI's. But alot you hated them with a passion and some of them you have alot of respect for. <br />

SGT7477
11-21-08, 04:31 PM
Marine let the cat out of the bag, we are only human including the DI's.

DIUSMC
11-21-08, 04:59 PM
Sorry can't take your side on that no matter what the situation. Trust me I did some crazy and rotten things as a "hat" that I am sure the recruits would want to fire something at me...thankfully for both of us that never happened. He would have been maimed, and I in the brig. done deal!

SgtHMH
11-21-08, 09:21 PM
In Boot Camp as Marine Recruits we are at that time supposed to fear the DIs and respect them. They are supposed to do some crazy stuff to us all at that time as Recruits. That is what makes life long storys of Boot Camp all about. If anyone of us meet our DIs or Platoon mates in the zone, we would fight to the death to protect each other and that goes for the DIs as well. The DIs would also fight to protect their Recruits that they trained to be a Marine, regardless of rank. That is the true spirit of the Corps, every Marine knows.

Semper Fi :evilgrin::marine::flag:

2ndCEBSupply
11-24-08, 08:43 AM
everyone has their own point of view